GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50   #51
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post
You are delusional as usual.
Show the evidence of the "fact" that life can and does just happen.
Words are our friends... not our enemies. I said we all but know for a fact. This means we lack just the last few tiny pieces to this puzzle and we'll have it. But we've seen so much already we know where the research is heading.

Quote:
It seems this "fact" is only in your wild imagination.
No it's actually occurring in real labs in the real world. It doesn't require belief or faith. It's actually reality based. You got some kinda grudge against me all of a sudden because I made fun of your poser ass music? Buncha losers sitting around thinking their all hard core listening to garbage LOL. I bet you like Nickelback too right?


Quote:
I've been noticing more and more that the disturbed atheists here are getting increasingly frustrated and disturbed. Just another symptom of the "Loser Syndrome".
That's actually possible. But not in the way you think. We feel we're losing the battle to bring reason and knowledge to mouth breathers. It really does become frustrating when you bring volumes of real life factual material to grown adults only to watch them stick their fingers in their ears and shout "Nope! Invisible people are my friend and I believe the fictional stories of bronze age savages over reality!"

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-02-2012 at 10:51..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53   #52
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast View Post

Religious Issues
Is this your new joint? You've already worn it out bro. Get some new material.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:00   #53
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Let me know when your close become fact. Until then you are the one that looks like the uneducated redneck.
Like I said, they're rounding that last corner now. It shouldn't be long. But does it really matter? I mean let's be real here. You're still gonna reject it. You'll find some excuse why it doesn't matter. We could disprove every single religious ideal ever held by man and shine a light on the last place people believe God hides to find him not there and you people would still keep right on deluding yourselves. So the men and women doing this research really aren't concerned with what you believe. And it will never matter what you believe. The research will continue. And the adults in our society will continue to learn more about what the reality of our origins are. And in the mean time... we're just waiting on the people that believe in nonsense to just go ahead and die off so they'll stop mucking up our society.

Time is on our side. Every generation of believers thought there's would see the end times. They've all been wrong.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-02-2012 at 11:01..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:01   #54
FCoulter
Senior Member
 
FCoulter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Like I said, they're rounding that last corner now. It shouldn't be long. But does it really matter? I mean let's be real here. You're still gonna reject it. You'll find some excuse why it doesn't matter. We could disprove every single religious ideal ever held by man and shine a light on the last place people believe God hides to find him not there and you people would still keep right on deluding yourselves. So the men and women doing this research really aren't concerned with what you believe. And it will never matter what you believe. The research will continue. And the adults in our society will continue to learn more about what the reality of our origins are. And in the mean time... we're just waiting on the people that believe in nonsense to just go ahead and die off so they'll stop mucking up our society.

Time is on our side. Every generation of believers thought there's would see the end times. They've all been wrong.
Time is on your side, thats rich, they will always be close yet not quite there. As for religion, well Jesus had some odd thousands of eye witness accounts of His miracles. I think that trumps your we are close agenda.
FCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:05   #55
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCoulter View Post
Jesus had some odd thousands of eye witness accounts of His miracles. I think that trumps your we are close agenda.
Yeah I know... 90% of your religion boils down to "I seen it by GAWD!"
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:25   #56
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Glock36shooter
I don't know if this is true or just som anti-evolution lie you've accepted from some Christian propaganda website.

Answer:Molly:
If you are not aware if this is true how can you be so sure
what you believe is true? God knows just what He meant to say, and His understanding of science is infallible, whereas ours is fallible. You do believe science is fallible don't you?

Glock36shooter
If He created us in his image then yes...

Answer:Molly:
Gee I hope when you have to stand before Him in the afterlife you don't get too nervous. I think you have seen too many Planet of the Apes movies.

Glock36shooter
Well I like to think I'm a bright fella but there are other members on this board like Animal Mother, Artifical Grape, and Geko who are truly intelligent people.

Answer:Molly
You might want to think again.

Glock36shooter
You make it sound so absurd.

Molly:
That's because it is.

Glock36shooter
More than likely the universe is littered with dead planets orbiting suns that cannot support life What's all this other junk doing hanging around if we're it? Why not just one solar system? One sun? How do you make sense of all the waste in the universe?

Answer: Molly
Isn't that how you say man appeared? Out of litter and a dead planet? God may have a reason for all the junk in the solar system. In the Bible God says he will go to make a place for us. Just think how many people have died in the last 6,688 years. If he makes a place for us he may have use for all the planets.

Glock36shooter
It's been a while since I read up on this but I think it largely has to do with gravity. I actually know more about the Bible than science currently because that's what I'm mostly been studying the last 5 or 6 years. I read up on science when I can.

Answer:Molly
I have a suggestion. Put your thinking cap on when you read your Bible and read it as is and think about what you are reading. Pray that God helps you to understand it as he meant you to. Science is wonderful but it can't replace God.

Glock36shooter
We weren't MADE...we evolved from earlier creatures, that evolved from earlier creatures that ultimately evolved from single celled organisms that formed in the muck where RNA formed simply because the conditions were right. We are a chemical reaction that got way out of hand and had billions of years to run wild.

Answer Molly:
Boy you sure do need more faith than even I have to believe that. I rest assured that my Grandchildren will not believe this goofy stuff.

Molly


+++
Revelation 19:11,16
"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithfull and True. With justice He judges and makes war... On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: King of kings and Lord of lords."
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 14:41   #57
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
You've been "beaten" at every turn. Your uncanny ability to ignore contrary evidence and constantly spew forth the same creationist drivel may make you believe otherwise but the facts remain the same. Koalas don't come from seeds. Man evolved from earlier simians. The Earth is 4.6 Billion years old and the Universe is 13.7 Billion years old.

Answer:Molly:
I am so good at getting you flustered. Don't you think?
The earth is between 6,000 to 10,000 years old. How do I know because that is when man first started to write. This is when history began. I can't Wait until your secular science friends begin to use trillions of years instead of billions of years. When God makes it known that these things couldn't happen in billions of years. Oh happy day.

Animal Mother:

All evidence supports these facts, no evidence to the contrary has ever been produced. Your posts demonstrate this reality more clearly each time you write

Answer:Molly:
None of your ideas can be proved. These presuppositions are not observable. You can't go back in time and prove them.


Molly


+++
Pslm 27:14
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 15:00   #58
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
If you are not aware if this is true how can you be so sure
We're talking about two different things here. RCD could very well be abandoned one day for an even more accurate method. There could be ZERO significant findings about our origins and I'd still know the bible is full of holes and errors and no more the guide to the universe than the Koran is.

Quote:
You do believe science is fallible don't you?
Sure. Nothing is perfect. Especially your bible. It's far more fallible than anything in the scientific realm. You wanna talk about guessing and speculation.... crack open Ye Olde Bible.

Quote:
Gee I hope when you have to stand before Him in the afterlife you don't get too nervous.
If I ever got to meet your God I'd spit in his face for all he has allowed man to endure in his name. Luckily no such being exists. If there is such a being, he/she/it/they are nothing like the character in your story books.

Quote:
Isn't that how you say man appeared? Out of litter and a dead planet?
No no, you're not getting it. Earth was a lifeless planet. Not dead. Earth was bubbling and churning with activity. And with its ingredients and conditions eventually life sprang forth.

Quote:
God may have a reason for all the junk in the solar system.
Awwww... bigger plans and mysterious ways. The religious way of saying "My bible can't answer life's questions."




Quote:
In the Bible God says he will go to make a place for us. Just think how many people have died in the last 6,688 years. If he makes a place for us he may have use for all the planets.
Oh good... Zombie planets full of dead people. What terrific fiction. You should write for Hollywood.

Quote:
I have a suggestion. Put your thinking cap on when you read your Bible
That's exactly how I found it to be so full of nonsense. I probably know more about the bible, its history, and the history of its people than you do.

Quote:
Science is wonderful but it can't replace God.
It isn't trying to. It simply shows us inventing him was never necessary in the first place.

Quote:
I rest assured that my Grandchildren will not believe this goofy stuff.
Then they will be seen as just as uneducated as you. I feel sorry for them.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57   #59
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Glock36shooter
We're talking about two different things here. RCD could very well be abandoned one day for an even more accurate method. There could be ZERO significant findings about our origins and I'd still know the bible is full of holes and errors and no more the guide to the universe than the Koran is

Answer:Molly:
So you are saying I am right and RCD is not accurate.

Glock36shoote
Sure. Nothing is perfect. Especially your bible. It's far more fallible than anything in the scientific realm. You wanna talk about guessing and speculation.... crack open Ye Olde Bible.

Answer:Molly:
The Bible tells us how God wants us to live.

A theory is good when it can be refuted. If it survives it becomes a "natural law." It only provides a philosophical viewpoint. It is a guess. IMHO.

Glock36shooter
No no, you're not getting it. Earth was a lifeless planet. Not dead. Earth was bubbling and churning with activity. And with its ingredients and conditions eventually life sprang forth.

Answer: Molly:
Oh, I think I am getting it. You are guessing this happened, You have no way of proving it because you can't go back billions of years to prove your guess.

Life sprang for from what? Soup? Then after billions of years we developed a brain that never forgets and everything is retained in our sub-conscience. When we sin man's spirit becomes sick. When we repent we are born again, and our spirit comes alive. How do you explain the workings of our brain. If you are so intelligent where does this intelligents come from? Soup?

Glock36shooter
Awwww... bigger plans and mysterious ways. The religious way of saying "My bible can't answer life's questions."

Answer:Molly:
But, I gave you an answer. You just don't like it.

Glock36shooter
Oh good... Zombie planets full of dead people. What terrific fiction. You should write for Hollywood

Answer:Molly:
I believe this was your idea. I believe God created everything.

Glock36shooter
It isn't trying to. It simply shows us inventing him was never necessary in the first place.

Answer:Molly:
Of course science is trying to subvert the Christian faith. Why would they have theories that we are made from the earth and such things. God made us from the earth, the earth did not make us. God breathed the breath of life into us.

That we came from some creature no one can identify. What about conscience and memories and the brain? You only show material things. Nothing to do with the spirit and soul. How can you believe something comes from nothing?

Molly


+++
Revelation 14:13
"Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they will rest from their labor for their deeds will follow them."
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:44   #60
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
I am so good at getting you flustered. Don't you think?
No, I'm still hoping to find out what you're good at.
Quote:
The earth is between 6,000 to 10,000 years old. How do I know because that is when man first started to write.
False. Writing didn't develop until around 2700 BCE, 4700 years ago. Notably, once developed it doesn't disappear when the supposed Flood would have happened. Nor did anyone bother to write anything like, "Gosh, it sure is raining a lot the last few days."
Quote:
This is when history began.
There was no mankind prior to the invention of writing? What about all the groups who didn't develop writing until relatively recently. Did they not exist until then?
Quote:
I can't Wait until your secular science friends begin to use trillions of years instead of billions of years. When God makes it known that these things couldn't happen in billions of years. Oh happy day.
How is God going to make this known? You've ignored science up to this point, why would you change your mind now?
Quote:
None of your ideas can be proved. These presuppositions are not observable. You can't go back in time and prove them.
Always an enjoyable line of creationist drivel. Do you spend all your time worrying that gravity is going to suddenly stop working, since you can't "prove" it's a constant?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:49   #61
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother
No, I'm still hoping to find out what you're good at.

Answer:Molly:
My husband says I'm good at many things.

Animal Mother
False. Writing didn't develop until around 2700 BCE, 4700 years ago. Notably, once developed it doesn't disappear when the supposed Flood would have happened. Nor did anyone bother to write anything like, "Gosh, it sure is raining a lot the last few days."

Answer:Molly:
So you do agree that man did not make himself known until 4,700 years ago. Well, Gosh how in the world did we find out about the big flood?

Animal Mother
There was no mankind prior to the invention of writing? What about all the groups who didn't develop writing until relatively recently. Did they not exist until then?

Answer:Molly:
I suppose so, man's inventiveness was extraordinarily moved by this knowledge. Cain was the first person who wanted to serve God according to his own ideas; he thus became the founder of the first religion. His brother acted according to God's will and is held up as an example of having faith that pleases God. Refer to Hebrews 11:4. This shows that God pleasing faith was present right from the very beginning.
Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Animal Mother
How is God going to make this known? You've ignored science up to this point, why would you change your mind now?

Answer:Molly:
You have me wrong. I think science is wonderful in many ways. But, when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far. What do you think of the new theories of the earth making people instead of God?


Animal Mother
Always an enjoyable line of creationist drivel. Do you spend all your time worrying that gravity is going to suddenly stop working, since you can't "prove" it's a constant?

Answer:Molly:
No, I take gravity for granted.


Molly


+++
Proverbs 6:32to34
But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonor shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away. For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:16   #62
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 3,364
You all know what I have to say, so I don't need to repeat it. /endofthetrollpost
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 14:37   #63
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
So you are saying I am right and RCD is not accurate.
I am saying that in any case where it is found to be inaccurate it would not be relied upon. It isn't an all or nothing issue. That's the beautiful thing about the scientific method. Testing is done over and over and over again. Findings that are inconsistent or inaccurate are rejected for more consistent and more accurate findings.

Quote:
The Bible tells us how God wants us to live.
No, the bible tells us how ancient desert savages say God said he wants us to live. But it's not true. It's evident by the way they borrowed and twisted most of their myths and legends from other cultures. It's obvious by how they worshiped many gods and only later narrowed it down to one. It's obvious by the historical and scientific inaccuracies in the book. It's just a collection of stories written by very uneducated men.

Quote:
It only provides a philosophical viewpoint. It is a guess. IMHO.
You are incorrect. It is true that a Theory is the best conclusion. But it's far from a guess or an estimate. It is the best conclusion drawn from MOUNTAINS of evidence and testing. And a good theory can also make accurate predictions. It is FAR from a guess. They fact that you think this is so only illustrates your ignorance of the process.

Quote:
Oh, I think I am getting it. You are guessing this happened, You have no way of proving it because you can't go back billions of years to prove your guess.
Don't need to go back. There is far more evidence proving this is so than there is to support your magic story time book. The bible can't even get it's history right in places... and it is supposed to be written by people that were there.

Quote:
Life sprang for from what? Soup?
Why is that so hard to believe. Go scoup up a bucket full of dark murky creek water sometime. It's TEAMING with life. Water is the key to life on this planet. Our bodies contain huge amounts of it. We're really just highly organized walking soup.

Quote:
Then after billions of years we developed a brain that never forgets and everything is retained in our sub-conscience.
Who said we never forget? I forget stuff all the time. I'm not sure what you're babbling about now.

Quote:
When we sin man's spirit becomes sick.
No such thing as sin or a spirit.

Quote:
When we repent we are born again,
We are born once. And then eventually we die. This is the pattern that nature shows us to be a fact.

Quote:
our spirit comes alive.
No such thing.


Quote:
How do you explain the workings of our brain. If you are so intelligent where does this intelligents come from?
I'd need to know more about what you mean. Do you mean our knowledge because that is learned as we grow. Babies are pretty stupid. Or do you mean man's capacity to learn? We're simply the most advanced form of life on this planet. Our craftiness was our survival tool. If the dinosaurs weren't mostly killed off there'd be a different dominant life form on this planet now. Perhaps some kind of sentient reptile of sorts.

Quote:
But, I gave you an answer. You just don't like it.
No you didn't you just said your bible doesn't provide answers to life's questions in different words. You trust there is a bigger plan and he has mysterious ways. But this is just a smoke screen for not knowing.

Quote:
I believe this was your idea.
No, you said he was gonna use all the extra planets for house dead people.

Quote:
Of course science is trying to subvert the Christian faith.
Nope. It's just a bi-product. The more we know... the less we need to believe in fairy tales and magic.

Quote:
Why would they have theories that we are made from the earth and such things. God made us from the earth, the earth did not make us. God breathed the breath of life into us.
No he didn't. We evolved just like everything else on this planet.

Quote:
That we came from some creature no one can identify. What about conscience and memories and the brain?
What about it. Dogs have brains. They remember... they have memories. They have dreams on some level. It's not an indication of a spirit or soul.

Quote:
You only show material things. Nothing to do with the spirit and soul.
Inventions of man and fictional.

Quote:
How can you believe something comes from nothing?
I don't believe anything. What I know is that your magic book and religion are just as full of crap as the rest of them. Just archaic nonsense from man's infancy.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:57   #64
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,542
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
A theory is good when it can be refuted. If it survives it becomes a "natural law." It only provides a philosophical viewpoint. It is a guess. IMHO.
It's clear that you don't understand how scientists use the terms fact, law and theory.

The first 2 minutes 45 seconds of this video will help explain how the terms are used by scientists.


-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:03   #65
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,542
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
You have me wrong. I think science is wonderful in many ways.
Actually, like any Young Earth Creationist you must ignore major tenets of physics/cosmology, chemistry, biology, botany, geology, paleontology and anthropology in order to maintain your dogma, so it's hard to see how you're much a fan of science.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:36   #66
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
My husband says I'm good at many things.
If that is true, you've managed to completely conceal them in this venue.
Quote:
So you do agree that man did not make himself known until 4,700 years ago.
No, I agree that writing developed then. Man made himself known much, much earlier. The Solutrean culture dates to 21,000 years ago and cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago.
Quote:
Well, Gosh how in the world did we find out about the big flood?
Someone wrote down a story about it in a book of mythology about 2600 years ago.
Quote:
I suppose so, man's inventiveness was extraordinarily moved by this knowledge.
So to your "koalas come from seeds" hypothesis, we now can add "People spring into existence when they learn to write".
Quote:
Cain was the first person who wanted to serve God according to his own ideas; he thus became the founder of the first religion. His brother acted according to God's will and is held up as an example of having faith that pleases God. Refer to Hebrews 11:4. This shows that God pleasing faith was present right from the very beginning.
Hebrews 11:4
By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
We're talking about facts, not mythology. Do you have any evidence of the existence of either Cain or his brother?
Quote:
You have me wrong.
This seems highly unlikely.
Quote:
I think science is wonderful in many ways.
Then why do you ignore it so regularly?
Quote:
But, when you try to make it sound as if theories are true facts you go too far.
No, it is you who go to far when you intentionally misrepresent the concept of theories, even after your error has been explained.
Quote:
What do you think of the new theories of the earth making people instead of God?
I've got no idea what you're talking about here. But then, I've resigned myself to that situation.
Quote:
No, I take gravity for granted.
Why? It's "Just a theory".
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01   #67
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Glock36shooter
I am saying that in any case where it is found to be inaccurate it would not be relied upon. It isn't an all or nothing issue. That's the beautiful thing about the scientific method. Testing is done over and over and over again. Findings that are inconsistent or inaccurate are rejected for more consistent and more accurate findings.

Answer:Molly:
Quote: K R Popper:
No theorems of the experimental sciences can be proved; they are only more , or less, strongly established: All knowledge is only inferential. They are weeded out by experience, bitter experiences, and they are replaced by better conjectures: (guesses) This is the only end result of experimentation in science.

Glock36shooter
No, the bible tells us how ancient desert savages say God said he wants us to live. But it's not true. It's evident by the way they borrowed and twisted most of their myths and legends from other cultures. It's obvious by how they worshiped many gods and only later narrowed it down to one. It's obvious by the historical and scientific inaccuracies in the book. It's just a collection of stories written by very uneducated men.

Answer:Molly:
The Bible was written by men through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Glock36shooter
You are incorrect. It is true that a Theory is the best conclusion. But it's far from a guess or an estimate. It is the best conclusion drawn from MOUNTAINS of evidence and testing. And a good theory can also make accurate predictions. It is FAR from a guess. The fact that you think this is so only illustrates your ignorance of the process.

Answer:Molly:
Your knowledge is a guessing game, a network of hypotheses, a fabric of conjectures. To put it simply
a guessing game.

Glock36shooter
Why is that so hard to believe. Go scoup up a bucket full of dark murky creek water sometime. It's TEAMING with life. Water is the key to life on this planet. Our bodies contain huge amounts of it. We're really just highly organized walking soup.

Answer:Molly:
Your theory is bogus because you believe the essence of the theory of evolution is contained in the statement that all systematic categories are eventually related; therefore all known organisms are descendants of one common ancestor.
This cannot be because there is no evidence of the categories going from one kind to another kind.


Glock36shooter
Don't need to go back. There is far more evidence proving this is so than there is to support your magic story time book. The bible can't even get it's history right in places... and it is supposed to be written by people that were there.

Answer:Molly:
There is no scientific explanation for the origin of matter and energy and it is therefore necessary to assume that all the energy must have existed before our planet started making people several billions of years ago. How can this be?

Glock36shooter
Who said we never forget? I forget stuff all the time. I'm not sure what you're babbling about now.

Answer: Molly:
I am talking about the sub-conscience. Ever heard of that?

Glock36shooter
I'd need to know more about what you mean. Do you mean our knowledge because that is learned as we grow. Babies are pretty stupid. Or do you mean man's capacity to learn? We're simply the most advanced form of life on this planet. Our craftiness was our survival tool. If the dinosaurs weren't mostly killed off there'd be a different dominant life form on this planet now. Perhaps some kind of sentient reptile of sorts.

Answer:Molly:
Don't you think Dinos evolved into birds? Or has that theory been proved wrong? Some birds are smart some even can repeat everything man says.

Glock36shooter
What about it. Dogs have brains. They remember... they have memories. They have dreams on some level. It's not an indication of a spirit or soul.

Answer:Molly:
Does your dog tell you about what he dreams?


Molly


+++
Proverbs 14:2
He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the Lord: but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08   #68
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,343


Has anyone else noticed that it is typically the theists here that can't quite figure out how to use the features of the board correctly? Simple things like not being able to embed links or quote people properly or even not letting their post word wrap and instead hitting enter for a new line?
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 12-04-2012 at 10:10..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57   #69
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
No theorems of the experimental sciences can be proved; they are only more , or less, strongly established: All knowledge is only inferential. They are weeded out by experience, bitter experiences, and they are replaced by better conjectures: (guesses) This is the only end result of experimentation in science.
An opinion. If he can produce new evidence to the contrary of established theories it would most certainly be considered.

Quote:
The Bible was written by men through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
No it wasn't. It was written by desert savages who were self-appointed prophets and everyone else was too afraid to question them.

Quote:
Your knowledge is a guessing game, a network of hypotheses, a fabric of conjectures.
My knowledge is backed up with facts and evidence. Yours with fairy tales and nonsense.

Quote:
Your theory is bogus because you believe the essence of the theory of evolution is contained in the statement that all systematic categories are eventually related; therefore all known organisms are descendants of one common ancestor.
This cannot be because there is no evidence of the categories going from one kind to another kind.
Look at the transition from Dinos to birds. They're about as different at a glance as you can get. But inside they're very much the same.

Quote:
There is no scientific explanation for the origin of matter and energy and it is therefore necessary to assume that all the energy must have existed before our planet started making people several billions of years ago. How can this be?
Energy can actually produce matter. This is a fact. And there is mathematical calculations that illustrate that energy particles can arise from nothingness.

Quote:
I am talking about the sub-conscience. Ever heard of that?
What about it?

Quote:
Don't you think Dinos evolved into birds? Or has that theory been proved wrong? Some birds are smart some even can repeat everything man says.
Yes we know that birds are descendants of some dinosaurs. What's your point?

Quote:
Does your dog tell you about what he dreams?
In a way yes. You can watch them running in their sleep, snipping at things and sometimes even barking. It's clear they are experiencing some kind of dream state and their body is reacting to the brain activity. On what level they dream who knows for sure. But there is definitely some kind of dream activity present. Sometimes you'll see them jump wide awake looking around as if something were after them or as if they were after something that got away. It's clear they were experiencing something.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-04-2012 at 10:57..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17   #70
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
I gotta hand it to anyone who can go this many rounds with Molly. Just reading what she writes makes my teeth hurt.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21   #71
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
In a way yes. You can watch them running in their sleep, snipping at things and sometimes even barking. It's clear they are experiencing some kind of dream state and their body is reacting to the brain activity. On what level they dream who knows for sure. But there is definitely some kind of dream activity present. Sometimes you'll see them jump wide awake looking around as if something were after them or as if they were after something that got away. It's clear they were experiencing something.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28   #72
Japle
John, Viera, Fl
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Viera, Florida
Posts: 867
Quote:
Posted by Gunhaver:
I gotta hand it to anyone who can go this many rounds with Molly. Just reading what she writes makes my teeth hurt.
I agree. It’s like trying to have a conversation with a permanent resident of the psych ward who’s off her meds.

Last edited by Japle; 12-04-2012 at 11:37..
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28   #73
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,343


Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Your theory is bogus because you believe the essence of the theory of evolution is contained in the statement that all systematic categories are eventually related; therefore all known organisms are descendants of one common ancestor.
This cannot be because there is no evidence of the categories going from one kind to another kind.
Demonstrably false. There is an extraordinary amount of evidence.

List of transitional fossils

Quote:
There is no scientific explanation for the origin of matter and energy and it is therefore necessary to assume that all the energy must have existed before our planet started making people several billions of years ago. How can this be?
Again, demonstrably false, but I have no doubt you will go on repeating these falsehoods as if they had not been refuted over and over.

" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/PGF-k8i_yuo
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 12-04-2012 at 11:31..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32   #74
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
No, I agree that writing developed then. Man made himself known much, much earlier. The Solutrean culture dates to 21,000 years ago and cave paintings date to 40,000 years ago.

Answer:Molly:
I could agree that the Soutrean culture dates to maybe
10,000 years ago, but I wouldn't agree it was 21,000
years ago. What kind of method of dating were they using for the cave paintings?

Animal Mother:
Someone wrote down a story about it in a book of mythology about 2600 years ago.

Answer:Molly:
So, you are referring to the Bible about Noah?

Animal Mother:
So to your "koalas come from seeds" hypothesis, we now can add "People spring into existence when they learn to write".

Answer:Molly:
Same way you found out about Noah's Flood.

Animal Mother
We're talking about facts, not mythology. Do you have any evidence of the existence of either Cain or his brother?

Answer:Molly:
I believe you will be able to talk to Cain in heaven if you ever have the faith. If you will be saved. Yes, that's the ticket you can also talk to Noah and ask him how he took care of all those animals.

Animal Mother:
Then why do you ignore it so regularly?

Answer:Molly:
The Bible teaches that Adam and Eve were made at the
beginning.

Animal Mother:
No, it is you who go to far when you intentionally misrepresent the concept of theories, even after your error has been explained.

Answer:Molly:
Belief in millions of years undermines the Bible's teaching on death and on the character of God.

Animal Mother:

No, I take gravity for granted.

Why? It's "Just a theory".

Answer:Molly:
Because when I jump up and down I fall back to the ground,
therefore I know that the pull of gravity is pulling me back to the earth.

I do hope to meet you in heaven some day and settle this once and for all.

Molly


+++
Proverbs 16:4
The Lord hath made all things for himself; yea, even the
wicked for the day of evil.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:40   #75
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Geko45

Answer:Molly:
Mumbo Jumbo.
Did you notice that guy had to put cotton in his ears to keep
his brain from falling OUT?



Molly
Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction and an haughty spirit before a fall.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 668
185 Members
483 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42