GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22   #126
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
I did, or at least I provided a link to an explanation why Gould wasn't saying what you wish he was saying.

Answer:Molly:
He said it because it is a problem that bothers scientists that there are no intermediate stages. They are still trying to find the origin of the sexes, A new way of breathing when the fish comes to shore, larger body weight. etc. etc. etc.

Animal Mother:
No, I don't steal. When I use the work of others, I also give attribution. But perhaps you think stealing is OK.

Answer:Molly:
Yes you do because everything you have argued has come from a scientist. You have never given them credit.

Animal Mother:
Perhaps if AiG depended on science, instead of scriptural interpretation, or if they produced any evidence in support of their claims, they would receive more consideration.

Answer:Molly:
They have scientists on staff.
If you wish you may E-mail them a question and they will answer you.

Animal Mother:
I don't see an exact date there. That must mean Jesus isn't real, if we're applying your reasoning.


Answer:Molly:
And you won't because the Bible states that not even Jesus knows the exact date. Christians don't have to worry about the end times because we will be taken before it comes. If I disappear the time is near.

Animal Mother:
Evidence? None. "Forgotten were the elementary rules of logic, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens.

Answer:Molly:
All you need is faith. Something Christopher Hitchens didn't have. We all know where he is now, gone over a year ago. We all know he will never have eternal life.

Animal Mother:
Haeckel didn't come up with the concept of self-replicating organisms replicating.

Answer:Molly:
who did? Please give me info so I can look it up or ask AIG.

Animal Mother:
You reject science and observation in favor of scriptural interpretation. Got it.

Answer:Molly:
Well I would say that God is the greatest scientist of all. I'm sure He chuckles every time one of the secular scientists comes with a new guess.

Animal Mother:
That isn't evidence, it's an assertion absent any evidence. See above.

Answer:Molly:
We are here and there is no good evidence that can explain why, except to worship God. Anyway he is an awesome God and gets a kick out of all the made up evidence of the secular world.

Animal Mother:
That isn't evidence, it's an assertion absent any evidence. See above.

Answer:Molly:
Guesses.

Animal Mother:
Scientific theories can be disprove, as I've said many times before. The question you're not addressing is why, if they are false, haven't they been disproven by all the brave creationists?

Answer:Molly:
They have been. You need to study Creation Science.

Animal Mother:
Please link to to the post or reproduce it and we can discuss it

Answer:Molly:
No need to link you up to these guesses. Everyone knows what are and that they are just guesses. That's why you won't repeat them. You would, if you thought they were any good.


Molly


+++
1 Kings 22:20to22
And the Lord said, who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. And there came forth a spirit and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. And the Lord said unto him, wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:21   #127
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
He said it because it is a problem that bothers scientists that there are no intermediate stages. They are still trying to find the origin of the sexes, A new way of breathing when the fish comes to shore, larger body weight. etc. etc. etc.
Even if that were true, and it isn't but for the sake of argument, that wouldn't justify ceasing our study and research and assigning everything to the supernatural. If we'd done that in the past, we'd still be living in mud huts.
Quote:
Yes you do because everything you have argued has come from a scientist. You have never given them credit.
Feel free to cite any instance where I've directly quoted the work of others and not given attribution, as you did above.
Quote:
They have scientists on staff.
Having scientists on staff isn't the same as doing science.
Quote:
If you wish you may E-mail them a question and they will answer you.
Why would I bother when I know they'll do the same thing you do, spout scripture and ignore any evidence that might challenge their beliefs?
Quote:
And you won't because the Bible states that not even Jesus knows the exact date. Christians don't have to worry about the end times because we will be taken before it comes. If I disappear the time is near.
Now you're confusing me. Before you claimed that if we didn't know something already it would never be possible to know it. Does that rule only apply to things you don't believe in?
Quote:
All you need is faith.
Sadly, I believe you think that.
Quote:
Something Christopher Hitchens didn't have. We all know where he is now, gone over a year ago. We all know he will never have eternal life.
Which doesn't make him any different than anyone else.
Quote:
who did? Please give me info so I can look it up or ask AIG.
I believe Roger Remak formulated the earliest theory of cell division.
Quote:
Well I would say that God is the greatest scientist of all. I'm sure He chuckles every time one of the secular scientists comes with a new guess.
You seem to have a habit of saying things that are simply untrue.
Quote:
We are here and there is no good evidence that can explain why, except to worship God. Anyway he is an awesome God and gets a kick out of all the made up evidence of the secular world.
Now you're simply being absurd.
Quote:
Guesses.
Did I break you?
Quote:
They have been. You need to study Creation Science.
No, they haven't been. Simply claiming that since it doesn't agree with a specific interpretation of scripture science must be false isn't proof. It isn't even worth consideration, see the quote from Hitchens, again.
Quote:
No need to link you up to these guesses. Everyone knows what are and that they are just guesses. That's why you won't repeat them. You would, if you thought they were any good.
I simply have no idea what you're talking about. That's why I've asked you to produce evidence, a request you have again failed to fulfill.

However, since you're making vague references to the development of legs in fish, I'll refer you to this article.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:25   #128
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
Even if that were true, and it isn't but for the sake of argument, that wouldn't justify ceasing our study and research and assigning everything to the supernatural. If we'd done that in the past, we'd still be living in mud huts

Answer:Molly:
Some people are still living in mud huts. You need to get around more.

Animal Mother:
Feel free to cite any instance where I've directly quoted the work of others and not given attribution, as you did above.

Answer:Molly:
All of them. The only attribution you give are atheists for some strange reason.

Animal Mother:
Having scientists on staff isn't the same as doing science.

Answer:Molly:
They do science as you so eloquently put it. They do experiments and write books. I have several of them.

Animal Mother:
Why would I bother when I know they'll do the same thing you do, spout scripture and ignore any evidence that might challenge their beliefs?

Answer:Molly:
You may learn something.

Animal Mother:
Now you're confusing me. Before you claimed that if we didn't know something already it would never be possible to know it. Does that rule only apply to things you don't believe in?

Answer:Molly:
Now you are confusing me.

Animal Mother:
Something Christopher Hitchens didn't have. We all know where he is now, gone over a year ago. We all know he will never have eternal life.

Which doesn't make him any different than anyone else.

Answer:Molly:
It just puts him in a different place.

Animal Mother:
I believe Roger Remak formulated the earliest theory of cell division.

Answer:Molly:
I believe you are right.

Animal Mother:
Did I break you?

Answer:Molly:
You broke my up.

Animal Mother:
No, they haven't been. Simply claiming that since it doesn't agree with a specific interpretation of scripture science must be false isn't proof. It isn't even worth consideration, see the quote from Hitchens, again.

Answer:Molly:
Just using common sense would indicate a spiritual God to design DNA. Secular scientists can always experiment with DNA and find answers for things that have already been created.

Animal Mother:

However, since you're making vague references to the development of legs in fish, I'll refer you to this article.

Answer:Molly:
I looked and that zebra fish fin looks like a fin to me.


Molly


+++
Romans 6:12
Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54   #129
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member
 
ArtificialGrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 5,543
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
They do science as you so eloquently put it. They do experiments and write books. I have several of them.
Sure, books are easy when you're not subjecting them to the scrutiny of other scientists. Where are they publishing refereed (peer reviewed) scholarly papers?

-ArtificialGrape

Oh yeah, perhaps you keep missing the question... just how many "kinds" of animals would there have been on the ark to account for the millions of species that we have today?
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27   #130
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
My god. I have never seen a more willfully ignorant person in my life.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:50   #131
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
My god. I have never seen a more willfully ignorant person in my life.
At this point I think she's just nuts.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 13:33   #132
Japle
John, Viera, Fl
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Viera, Florida
Posts: 868
Quote:
at this point i think she's just nuts.
bingo!!
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 22:07   #133
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Some people are still living in mud huts. You need to get around more.
Yes, and many people are living in high rises and flying in airplanes. You really need to work harder at grasping my point.
Quote:
All of them. The only attribution you give are atheists for some strange reason.
All of what? The only person I've directly quoted in this thread is Christopher Hitchens and I attributed the quote to him. If you have evidence of my committing plagiarism, as you have at least 3 times in this thread, please point them out.
Quote:
They do science as you so eloquently put it. They do experiments and write books. I have several of them.
No, they don't. As was pointed out in a previous thread, their primary requirement is not supporting their conclusions with evidence, it is that the conclusions adhere to specific scriptural interpretation. That itself makes whatever it is they're doing something very different from science.
Quote:
You may learn something.
I already know they'll replace science and evidence with scriptural interpretation. What else should I expect to learn.
Quote:
Now you are confusing me.
That isn't the least bit surprising.
Quote:
It just puts him in a different place.
No, it doesn't.
Quote:
I believe you are right.
Establishing that you were wrong.
Quote:
You broke my up.
Laughter in place of coherent response. A sign of psychosis.
Quote:
Just using common sense would indicate a spiritual God to design DNA.
No, it doesn't. Common sense doesn't require resort to the supernatural, and it certainly doesn't require one specific supernatural being be declared responsible.
Quote:
Secular scientists can always experiment with DNA and find answers for things that have already been created.
Things that have evolved, you mean.
Quote:
I looked and that zebra fish fin looks like a fin to me.
Then feel free to repeat the experiment and publish your results.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:12   #134
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
Yes, and many people are living in high rises and flying in airplanes. You really need to work harder at grasping my point.

Answer:Molly:
You are the one who said people don't live in mud huts. You never will admit when you were wrong. I think I did grasp your point and you didn't know what you were talking about.

Animal Mother:
All of what? The only person I've directly quoted in this thread is Christopher Hitchens and I attributed the quote to him. If you have evidence of my committing plagiarism, as you have at least 3 times in this thread, please point them out.

Answer:Molly:
Every thing you say comes from science research and you never give any scientist credit for what you have been taught in secular schools. I could name one to help out.
Darwin.

Animal Mother:
No, they don't. As was pointed out in a previous thread, their primary requirement is not supporting their conclusions with evidence, it is that the conclusions adhere to specific scriptural interpretation. That itself makes whatever it is they're doing something very different from science.

Answer Molly:
You don't have evidence. Just assumptions and presuppositions which are not observable. Everything you put forward is of a metaphysical nature. This is based on physics and not based on observation. I thought science had to be observed. I should point out the conclusions are what they think happened, not necessarily what happened.

Animal Mother:
Laughter in place of coherent response. A sign of psychosis.

Answer:Molly:
Who told you that your psychoanalyst?

Animal Mother:
No, it doesn't. Common sense doesn't require resort to the supernatural, and it certainly doesn't require one specific supernatural being be declared responsible.

Answer:Molly:
Does common sense tell you a living cell could come into existence by itself? No one knows how the brain works or how it developed.

Animal Mother:
Things that have evolved, you mean.

Answer:Molly:
Evolved from WHAT?

Animal Mother:
Then feel free to repeat the experiment and publish your results.

Answer:Molly:
You know people of faith cannot publish in a secular science journal.


Molly


+++
Psalm 139:13and14
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise these; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34   #135
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Animal Mother:
Then feel free to repeat the experiment and publish your results.

Answer:Molly:
You know people of faith cannot publish in a secular science journal.


Molly
Molly, isn't there something in Christianity that forbids lying?

Most scientists are Christians, they have no problems publishing real science in science journals.

Simply because they are able to discern the junk psuedo scientific nonsense you believe in from actual science.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 13:51   #136
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Answer. In 1998, a study by Larson and Witham appeared on the leading journal Nature ("Leading scientists still reject God"). I believe you would have to go back to 1690 for your statement to be true.


Molly


+++
Acts 11:1
And the apostles and brethren that were in Judea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 14:44   #137
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Answer. In 1998, a study by Larson and Witham appeared on the leading journal Nature ("Leading scientists still reject God"). I believe you would have to go back to 1690 for your statement to be true.
1690 would be a good time for your beliefs. Belief in witchcraft was a lot stronger back then too. All sorts of superstitious nonsense flourished back then before we knew better.

The harder thing you have to explain is how come most of the major Christian denominations have no problem reconciling Christianity with either evolution or an ancient earth/universe. You don't even have a majority of Christians on your side.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-15-2012 at 14:47..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 19:48   #138
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
You are the one who said people don't live in mud huts. You never will admit when you were wrong. I think I did grasp your point and you didn't know what you were talking about.
Of course I'd admit when I'm wrong, but since I never said no one lives in mud huts, I don't see any need to do so.
Quote:
Every thing you say comes from science research and you never give any scientist credit for what you have been taught in secular schools. I could name one to help out.
Darwin.
There's a difference between referencing general scientific principles and directly quoting people without giving attribution. The latter is, of course, what you regularly do.
Quote:
You don't have evidence.
Yes, I do, and I've been more than willing to offer it up whenever necessary. An attribute you don't share.
Quote:
Just assumptions and presuppositions which are not observable. Everything you put forward is of a metaphysical nature.
Complete false.
Quote:
This is based on physics and not based on observation.
Once again, you're not making any sense. Please tell me you understand the difference between physics and metaphysics.
Quote:
I thought science had to be observed.
You mean like the observed instances of evolution?
Quote:
I should point out the conclusions are what they think happened, not necessarily what happened.
You're more than welcome to propose alternative interpretations based on the evidence. But that's not what creationists do is it? They just declare goddidit and then refuse to consider anything else.
Quote:
Does common sense tell you a living cell could come into existence by itself?
Yes.
Quote:
No one knows how the brain works or how it developed.
We know quite a bit about how the brain works and developed, and are learning more all the time.
Quote:
Evolved from WHAT?
Ancestral lifeforms.
Quote:
You know people of faith cannot publish in a secular science journal.
Of course they can. They just have to do science, not declare goddidit and ignore all evidence that might contradict that conclusion.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:36   #139
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
Of course I'd admit when I'm wrong, but since I never said no one lives in mud huts, I don't see any need to do so.

Answer:Molly:
Oh, I see you are using science speak. You said We'd be living in mud huts.

Animal Mother:
There's a difference between referencing general scientific principles and directly quoting people without giving attribution. The latter is, of course, what you regularly do.

Answer:Molly:
Well, my general scientific reference are, Werner Gitt and Jonathan Sarfati, Ph.D.

Animal Mother:
Yes, I do, and I've been more than willing to offer it up whenever necessary. An attribute you don't share.

Answer:Molly:
It just is not necessary for you, just for me?

Animal Mother:
Complete false.


Question:Molly:
Would you be willing to name some things that are NOT metaphysical?

Animal Mother:
Once again, you're not making any sense. Please tell me you understand the difference between physics and metaphysics.

Answer:Molly:
I would not object if you explain it to a poor feeble minded me.

Animal Mother:
You mean like the observed instances of evolution?

Answer:Molly:
Well, we all know we can observe micro evolution. I mean Macroevolution. You know what happened billions of years ago. Do they have a time machine?

Animal Mother:
You're more than welcome to propose alternative interpretations based on the evidence. But that's not what creationists do is it? They just declare goddidit and then refuse to consider anything else.

Answer:Molly:
It's called faith. Same as when you have faith that the earth just made it's self.

Animal Mother:
We know quite a bit about how the brain works and developed, and are learning more all the time.

Question:Molly:
Who is "We"?

Animal Mother:
Ancestral lifeforms.

Answer:Molly:
How did fish change into amphibian?
How did amphibian change to reptile?
How did reptile change to mammal?

Animal Mother:
Of course they can. They just have to do science, not declare goddidit and ignore all evidence that might contradict that conclusion.

Answer:Molly:
So you admit science does not except people of faith into their closed society. Only atheists.


Molly


+++
Acts 11:1
And the apostles and brethren that were in Judea heard that the Gentiles had also received the Word of God.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 19:50   #140
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Oh, I see you are using science speak. You said We'd be living in mud huts.
Yes, I did. I don't live in a mud hut. I have electricity and a connection to the internet, as you also apparently do. I'm sorry my point escapes you so completely. Let me rephrase, were it not for scientists who were unwilling to accept goddidit as an explanation for all unknown phenomenon, humanity would never have made the progress it has over the last few centuries.
Quote:
Well, my general scientific reference are, Werner Gitt and Jonathan Sarfati, Ph.D.
As asinine and absurd a statement as that is, it doesn't change the fact that you regularly plagiarize the work of others without giving attribution.
Quote:
It just is not necessary for you, just for me?
You literally just quoted me writing, "Yes, I do, and I've been more than willing to offer it up whenever necessary. An attribute you don't share."

Do you even bother to read the words to which you claim to be responding?
Quote:
Would you be willing to name some things that are NOT metaphysical?
Perhaps, once you define what you mean by metaphysical.
Quote:
I would not object if you explain it to a poor feeble minded me.
Though your definitions probably differ from the generally accepted meanings, physics is a scientific discipline, metaphysics belongs to the realm of philosophy.
Quote:
Well, we all know we can observe micro evolution. I mean Macroevolution. You know what happened billions of years ago. Do they have a time machine?
Please give a coherent, comprehensive definition of macroevolution and then explain what biological process or processes would allow what you identify as microevolution while preventing what you identify as macroevolution.
Quote:
It's called faith. Same as when you have faith that the earth just made it's self.
At least you admit that creationists, including the "scientists" of AiG depend on faith and not evidence or scientific investigation. I suppose that's a step in the right direction.

As for having "faith that the earth just made it's self[sic]", I have no such thing. I accept the evidence and on the basis of that evidence, see no need to invoke a supernatural actor to make what we observe possible. If new evidence is brought to light, I will reevaluate that position, but as you've admitted above, you have no such evidence.
Quote:
Who is "We"?
Humanity. Specifically, neuroscientists and others working in related fields.
Quote:
How did fish change into amphibian?
Evolution.
Quote:
How did amphibian change to reptile?
I don't know that this is a valid proposition, but if it is, evolution.
Quote:
How did reptile change to mammal?
They didn't, though both share a common ancestor.
Quote:
So you admit science does not except people of faith into their closed society. Only atheists.
I neither admit, nor did I say, any such thing. On the other hand, you appear to be saying that people of faith are incapable of doing science and able only to declare goddidit and ignore all other evidence that might contradict that conclusion. I don't believe that's true either.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:49   #141
Lone Wolf8634
Misanthrope
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,539
AM, Have you not tired of beating your head against this wall?
__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 15:31   #142
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
Yes, I did. I don't live in a mud hut. I have electricity and a connection to the internet, as you also apparently do. I'm sorry my point escapes you so completely. Let me rephrase, were it not for scientists who were unwilling to accept goddidit as an explanation for all unknown phenomenon, humanity would never have made the progress it has over the last few centuries.

Answer:Molly:
Evolution has nothing to do with the science you are talking about. The science you refer to has nothing to do with how the world began and how people were created.

Animal Mother:
As asinine and absurd a statement as that is, it doesn't change the fact that you regularly plagiarize the work of others without giving attribution.

Answer:Molly:
I'll bet Darwin is turning over in his grave.

Animal Mother:
You literally just quoted me writing, "Yes, I do, and I've been more than willing to offer it up whenever necessary. An attribute you don't share."

Do you even bother to read the words to which you claim to be responding?

Answer:Molly:
Yes.

Animal Mother:
Though your definitions probably differ from the generally accepted meanings, physics is a scientific discipline, metaphysics belongs to the realm of philosophy.

Answer:Molly:
Oh, I thought so. So, what you're saying is that I was right in the beginning. In the beginning Molly was right.


Animal Mother:
Please give a coherent, comprehensive definition of macroevolution and then explain what biological process or processes would allow what you identify as microevolution while preventing what you identify as macroevolution.

Answer:Molly:
Macroevolution is the belief that we came from nowhere and evolved into humans from nothing. Microevolution is one kind evolving in its kind. Much like wolfs evolving into dogs.
I don't believe you can evolve from one kind to another kind.

Animal Mother:
At least you admit that creationists, including the "scientists" of AiG depend on faith and not evidence or scientific investigation. I suppose that's a step in the right direction.

As for having "faith that the earth just made it's self[sic]", I have no such thing. I accept the evidence and on the basis of that evidence, see no need to invoke a supernatural actor to make what we observe possible. If new evidence is brought to light, I will reevaluate that position, but as you've admitted above, you have no such evidence.

Answer:Molly:
But, all your evidence are assumptions. You have to assume that certain things happen in order for evolution to work. Assuming means you need faith in the theories you are putting forth. So evolution must be a religion for atheists.

Animal Mother:
Humanity. Specifically, neuroscientists and others working in related fields.

Answer:Molly:
You left out the most important people for your made up evidence. Atheists, it is OK to be an atheist just admit when you are trying to take God out of the equation.

Animal Mother:
Evolution.

Question:Molly:
Please name your missing link.

Animal Mother:
I don't know that this is a valid proposition, but if it is, evolution.

Answer:Molly:
Why not just say you don't know. Because you don't

Animal Mother:
They didn't, though both share a common ancestor.

Question:Molly:
Who is this elusive ancestor you keep talking about. The one with the DNA for fish, dogs, cats, apes, and people?



Molly


+++
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Last edited by neon; 12-17-2012 at 15:37..
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 21:45   #143
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with the science you are talking about. The science you refer to has nothing to do with how the world began and how people were created.
Biology and evolution operate under the same principles and natural laws that govern all other sciences. They're all interrelated.
Quote:
I'll bet Darwin is turning over in his grave.
And we've reached the point where you become non-responsive. Will repeating claims that have already been shown to be false be next?
Quote:
Yes.
Then it must be comprehension which escapes you.
Quote:
Oh, I thought so. So, what you're saying is that I was right in the beginning. In the beginning Molly was right.
I wouldn't say such a thing. Unlike you, I don't engage in misrepresentation. You're wrong, you've been wrong, and it appears you will most likely insist on remaining wrong.
Quote:
Macroevolution is the belief that we came from nowhere and evolved into humans from nothing.
Could you please quote this definition from anywhere in the scientific literature?
Quote:
Microevolution is one kind evolving in its kind. Much like wolfs evolving into dogs.
Or Homo Erectus into Homo Sapiens?
Quote:
I don't believe you can evolve from one kind to another kind.
You still haven't shared what biological factor or factors would prevent it. Nor have you offered a systematic definition of kind.
Quote:
But, all your evidence are assumptions.
And we're back to repeating already discredited claims.
Quote:
You have to assume that certain things happen in order for evolution to work. Assuming means you need faith in the theories you are putting forth. So evolution must be a religion for atheists.
Your reasoning is, as always, faulty. Something which has already been repeatedly explained.
Quote:
You left out the most important people for your made up evidence. Atheists, it is OK to be an atheist just admit when you are trying to take God out of the equation.
Resorting to falsehoods again Molly?
Quote:
Please name your missing link.
And icoherence.
Quote:
Why not just say you don't know. Because you don't
I said exactly what I meant to say. If you're unwilling or unable to respond in a coherent, substantive manner, just let the debate end.
Quote:
Who is this elusive ancestor you keep talking about. The one with the DNA for fish, dogs, cats, apes, and people?
Any chordate living at the appropriate time could fit that bill. That's what you just don't seem to get.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 21:45   #144
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf8634 View Post
AM, Have you not tired of beating your head against this wall?
Not really, as she becomes increasingly scattered and nonsensical, responding takes less and less time.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46   #145
neon
Senior Member
 
neon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ohio
Posts: 5,697
Animal Mother:
I have to go on Christmas vacation. I will continue at a later date if you so choose, when you get in a better mood.


Molly

+++
Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 15:05   #146
dave27
Senior Member
 
dave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 743
I can't believe I read this whole thing, my brain hurts. I'm 99% sure "Molly" is a chat-bot.
__________________
G1Niner's Club #343

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson
dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 15:47   #147
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,357


Quote:
Originally Posted by dave27 View Post
I can't believe I read this whole thing, my brain hurts. I'm 99% sure "Molly" is a chat-bot.
Why are you "sure" that "Molly" is a "chat-bot"?

__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34   #148
dave27
Senior Member
 
dave27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Why are you "sure" that "Molly" is a "chat-bot"?

Chat-bot: a chatter robot is a type of conversational agent, a computer program designed to simulate an intelligent conversation with one or more human users via auditory or textual methods.

You got me. Intelligent conversation doesn't fit.
__________________
G1Niner's Club #343

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer Simpson
dave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:46   #149
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 3,364
Wow this is still going.

Israel as a nation will be destroyed. The gospel will never be destroyed.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:55.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,179
322 Members
857 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42