Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2012, 23:22   #1
akmtnrunner

Buffalo Bore HC not agreeing with Lone Wolf barrel

So I have an extended and ported Lone Wolf barrel for my glock 29sf and Buffalo Bore's 220gr hard cast FACTORY ammo is not seating all the way into the chamber. I had this problem before with some handloads, so I assumed it was my error. I was able to fix the handloads' problem with just making sure there was enough crimp.

Then today, when I wanted to compare my 200gr hard cast handloads to Buffalo Bore's 220gr, sure enough, the same problem arose. Just about 50% of the factory ammo FTF'd. Before firing any of it, I did notice that they did not come crimped but trusted the manufacturer. I did the drop in test after coming home, and fail :(

Has anyone else had this problem? Will it be okay to put a crimp onto the factory ammo if that solves the seating problem?

Thanks
akmtnrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 20:08   #2
Yondering

Typical LW barrel, the chamber is too tight. Send it back and ask them to open up the chamber. Be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks.
Yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:23   #3
ProCarryNAustin

Send a message via Yahoo to ProCarryNAustin
Do not change the crimp on any ammunition that you are not developing yourself.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45   #4
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

LWD chambers are VERY TIGHT. That's problem #1. In addition to this your lead bullets are (I would suspect) .001" over bore diameter. Suggest that, at the very least, you give Lone Wolf a chance to make some extra money on you by returning your barrel to have, at least, the chamber opened up. (That sharply cut shoulder at the front of a very tight chamber, probably, ain't helping either.)

My personal solution? Bar-Sto Precision!
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 23:03   #5
akmtnrunner

Well, I should add some closure to this thread in case anyone has similar issues and comes across this.

I sent my barrel back to Lone Wolf and explained that it was not reliably feeding factory ammo. In first discussions with a representative, it sounded like I would need to pay the $30 fee plus shipping (again) to have work done. Though I made sure to make the point that I only wished for the product to reliably feed factory ammo like such a product would be expected to do.

After a few weeks after sending it off, I received the barrel back in the mail with a note saying that they had "moved the leads back, polished the feed ramp, fee ramp going into the chamber and the chamber itself." And how does it now pass the "plunk" test? With flying colors.

I'm happy with the final result, and feel like Lone Wolf is taking it upon themselves to settle up for any lack of quality control from their factory, which may be an improvement from recent dealings I read of. But still not sure if I can recommend their product.
akmtnrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 23:35   #6
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmtnrunner View Post
Well, I should add some closure to this thread in case anyone has similar issues and comes across this.

I sent my barrel back to Lone Wolf and explained that it was not reliably feeding factory ammo. In first discussions with a representative, it sounded like I would need to pay the $30 fee plus shipping (again) to have work done. Though I made sure to make the point that I only wished for the product to reliably feed factory ammo like such a product would be expected to do.

After a few weeks after sending it off, I received the barrel back in the mail with a note saying that they had "moved the leads back, polished the feed ramp, fee ramp going into the chamber and the chamber itself." And how does it now pass the "plunk" test? With flying colors.

I'm happy with the final result, and feel like Lone Wolf is taking it upon themselves to settle up for any lack of quality control from their factory, which may be an improvement from recent dealings I read of. But still not sure if I can recommend their product.
Thanks for the update. I am glad they made it right for you.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 23:53   #7
SargeMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
Typical LW barrel, the chamber is too tight. Send it back and ask them to open up the chamber. Be prepared to wait 6-8 weeks.
One of the best things LWD brings to the table is that if you send them some dummy reloads (no powder or primer) in advance, they will cut your chamber accordingly before they ship your barrel.

I ordered one of their barrels in 2009 that had some other issues but once I sorted them out, it was decent enough.

PS- if you're being a retard, don't expect a reply.
SargeMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28   #8
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Let me refer you to this post to describe your issues...
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457067
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote