SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 22:42   #21
digilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well, if you really want to get rid of unneccessary protrusions, you could put in a laser replacement for the guide rod and take off those bumpy things on top of the slide.

LOL

Funny you say that....

I just put on night sights about 2 weeks ago. While the sights were off, I took it to the range, just to see how hard it would be to shoot. It wasn't hard at all. The flat top of the slide and the squared sides made it easy to get on target- just put the flat of the slide below what I wanted to hit, same as with regular sights, only, the sights themselves weren't in the way. I was tempted to just run it sightless, but if I were to have to use it, the lack of sights could be used against me in court.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15   #22
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by digilo View Post
It doesn't make one bit of sense to me to keep disabling the firearms ad nauseam in the name of "safety" (that thinking got us the Hillary hole). Put the gun down, step away from the tables. If no fingers are on triggers the guns can't go off. Simple as that. When the rifle guys are back at their tables, the range officer gives the okay to go back to the pistol tables. I've never seen someone ignore the range officer and all these people standing away from the shooting tables during a target timeout, pick up a pistol, and start firing while the rifle guys are out there.
Yep I got it now You're new to firearms. You can't be bothered by the deaths of all those back in our historys' that failed to observe "common sense" safety practices. Your lack of experience around firearms and people hasn't lead you to the fountain of intelligence and understanding of your brotherhood. You are one of the many we hear aabout that has to learn the hard way.

So be it, it is your choice. We were just trying to help because you asked a question here about the slide stop.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:30   #23
digilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockrunner View Post
Yep I got it now You're new to firearms. You can't be bothered by the deaths of all those back in our historys' that failed to observe "common sense" safety practices. Your lack of experience around firearms and people hasn't lead you to the fountain of intelligence and understanding of your brotherhood. You are one of the many we hear aabout that has to learn the hard way.

So be it, it is your choice. We were just trying to help because you asked a question here about the slide stop.
Oh, I get it. You're new to firearms, and with no real knowledge or experience, you enjoy repeating what you read in the stickies. You did good, you recited the sticky materials properly.

Be careful, those guns are dangerous!!
Old 12-04-2012, 15:02   #24
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Well, I've never been one to be so picky about the actual name of this part - but if your are going to pick nits - at least be correct.

It is not listed as a "slide lock" or a "slide release" - it is a "slide stop" on the parts list.
You're right. I made the same mistake that earlier poster did when I looked at the parts list -- picked the wrong part.

But, if you're going to nit pick, do it right: it's actually called a SLIDE STOP LEVER. <grin>

The unaddressed point remains: if that lever didn't have dual functions -- both holding the slide open and ALSO releasing the slide, there would be little reason for Glock to offer an extended version -- as the extended version doesn't stop the slide a bit more effectively than the standard version... It does make the process of returning the open slide to the closed (in battery) position somewhat easier -- which is arguably why some folks make the mistake of calling that little pressable platform on the lever a RELEASE!!

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; 12-04-2012 at 16:10..
Walt Sherrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:40   #25
cciman

there are many ways to say poo...some correct, some not so, but we all seem to understand it.

You see many many repeated posts here of "why did my slide not stay open on empty" or "why did my slide lock back with rounds in the mag".

I think the upper stop lever release lock widget tab thingy is a PIA for many right handers with thumbs. It certainly is a perfect and comfortable thumb rest for the thumbs forward combat hold. Its the least reliable control on the Glock.

The best solution is to chop the thumb at the first joint behind the nail. Easy fix, only bleeds for a little bit.
cciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49   #26
Veedubklown

Would make clearing an FTE malfunction a little more difficult. Brass high in the ejection port, the slide cramming a bullet into the back of the case of the round that didn't extract.

Typically, you lock the slide to the rear, and rip out the old magazine, as the round protruding tends to make removal difficult. With the slide crammed forward, it's going to make removing that magazine, all the more difficult.

Also, if for some reason, you don't have the use of your weak hand, it facilitates recharging the pistol with just one hand. I wouldn't omit it, it's far more handy than detrimental.
Old 12-08-2012, 15:33   #27
digilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post
Would make clearing an FTE malfunction a little more difficult. Brass high in the ejection port, the slide cramming a bullet into the back of the case of the round that didn't extract.

Typically, you lock the slide to the rear, and rip out the old magazine, as the round protruding tends to make removal difficult. With the slide crammed forward, it's going to make removing that magazine, all the more difficult.

Also, if for some reason, you don't have the use of your weak hand, it facilitates recharging the pistol with just one hand. I wouldn't omit it, it's far more handy than detrimental.
All good points, so I'm leaving it in. I plan to order another, to bend it in closer to the frame.
thanks for writing