SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:26   #26
ArrowJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
It wasn't supposed to be a helpful remark, just a question I had.
So if I believe in the trinity I do not understand the Bible?
ArrowJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:31   #27
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Ah so you're a troll. You do a drive by posting accusing those that disagree with you of being extremists and full of typical liberal BS as far as you're concerned and then you wanna run away. I see. How mature.
So if I don't care to have a conversation with you about my religion that makes me a troll? How convenient for your ego.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 12:39..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36   #28
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowJ View Post
So if I believe in the trinity I do not understand the Bible?
I think if you believe the bible is all knowing, factual, and not full of contradictions, then you don't understand the bible. But if you're okay with that, then whatever floats your boat.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41   #29
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I posted it so the religious who occasionally swing by here might read it.

I have no desire to argue with the others.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Isn't the point of posting something in a forum to discuss it? Posting something and claiming it is only for the benefit of other christians and not something to discuss or debate is disingenuous. If that was the true goal, you would have PM'd the other christians that regularly read this sub-forum or posted it on a christian only forum.

Just sayin'........

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46   #30
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Isn't the point of posting something in a forum to discuss it? Posting something and claiming it is only for the benefit of other christians and not something to discuss or debate is disingenuous. If that was the true goal, you would have PM'd the other christians that regularly read this sub-forum or posted it on a christian only forum.

Just sayin'........
If you want to discuss it, knock yourself out. Just don't expect me to get involved in the discussion.

Honestly, I've posted a lot more than I intended to already.

Edit: What's truly unsurprising is that the subject of the article was intolerance on the part of some atheists and the "discussion" immediately became an attack on the religous beliefs of Christians. Telling, no?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 12:48..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:10   #31
Glock36shooter

Quote:
What you seem to have a hard time wrapping your head around is that I couldn't care less what you think about me or my religion. Your opinion and arguments in that regard are completely meaningless to me, so you are wasting your time making that argument.
That's textbook delusional thinking. You aren't open to evidence, you don't care about reality, you're firm in your dream land and no one can reach you.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 13:13   #32
Glock36shooter

Quote:
So if I don't care to have a conversation with you about my religion that makes me a troll? How convenient for your ego.
No, dropping off an article that accuses people who believe differently than you as extremists, and intolerant, then not having the intellectual honesty to defend it is being a troll. And evidence of your intolerance.

Hit and run tactics preserve your ego because you don't have to risk getting your arse handed to you in a debate.
Old 12-02-2012, 13:15   #33
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
That's textbook delusional thinking. You aren't open to evidence, you don't care about reality, you're firm in your dream land and no one can reach you.

No no... you don't understand... they're three in one... that's the mental gymnastics they do to avoid admitting they're Poly-Theists.
And you sir seem unable to absorb the concept of staying on topic. If you can't do something as simple as that, why should I care to engage you?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 13:17..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:16   #34
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowJ View Post
IF one believes the Bible is true, I think the theology of the trinity is not that difficult of a conclusion to arrive at. Am I even dumber than someone that believes in the Bible, but not that Christ was fully God and fully man?
No the conclusion works the other way around. "We cannot be Poly-Theists because the 1st Com says not to be... so obviously the three gods we worship are one in the same." It's establishing your conclusion first and then reasoning from there to support it.
Old 12-02-2012, 13:17   #35
Glock36shooter

Quote:
And you sir seem unable to absorb the concept of staying on topic. If you can't do something as simple as that, why should I care to engage you?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Yeah I know... duck and dodge troll. Do anything you have to to keep from actually having to defend your ideals.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-02-2012 at 13:17..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:20   #36
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Yeah I know... duck and dodge troll. Do anything you have to to keep from actually having to defend your ideals.
Well, one of my ideals is tolerance. What is your problem with that? Do I really need to defend that?

You are so tolerant that you immediately attack others religious beliefs when that wasn't even the original topic except peripherally.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 13:34..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:37   #37
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
If you want to discuss it, knock yourself out. Just don't expect me to get involved in the discussion.

YOU posted something on an internet forum, a place intentionally designed for DISCUSSION, and then you claim to not want to discuss it?

Disingenuous and sad.

- Sterling Archer
Old 12-02-2012, 13:44   #38
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post

YOU posted something on an internet forum, a place intentionally designed for DISCUSSION, and then you claim to not want to discuss it?

Disingenuous and sad.
I knew when I posted it what the knee-jerk reactions of certain posters would be and I was 100% correct. The majority of atheists here are totally intent on defending their religion and attacking other peoples religion even though that wasn't the subject of the article (which was intolerance on their part). (I must say they have pretty well proven the author of the article to be correct.)

If that makes me a troll, I'm OK with that. I already mentioned that I'm not concerned with your opinion of me.

You are still free to discuss this with your friends, I didn't take that away from you. Why is it so important to you that I participate in the discussion?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 13:49..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:50   #39
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
I knew when I posted it what the knee-jerk reactions of certain posters would be and I was 100% correct. The majority of atheists here are totally intent on defending their religion and attacking other peoples religion even though that wasn't the subject of the article.

If that makes me a troll, I'm OK with that. I already mentioned that I'm not concerned with your opinion of me.

You are still free to discuss this with your friends, I didn't take that away from you. Why is it so important that I participate in the discussion?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Why was it so important to post something you didn't intend to discuss? BTW, I've not discussed the content of the article yet so why do you assume I agree with the others?

What you said about posting something in a discussion forum with the intent of NOT discussing it is disingenuous. No more, no less.

- Sterling Archer

Last edited by Kilrain; 12-02-2012 at 14:01..
Old 12-02-2012, 13:57   #40
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Well, one of my ideals is tolerance.
No it isn't. You are only tolerant of people that agree with you. You never even addressed Grape's points because they immediately pointed out your hypocrisy. I'm sure you'd actually rather keep having this back and forth with me as long as you don't have to address your true intolerance.

Nietzsche can be quoted in public school for the same Reason Socrates can. They aren't religious figures. If you want to exclude every great thinker from public school simply because they aren't religious figures then we might as well teach ABC and 123 and cut the little uneducated idiots loose.

Jesus may not be quoted in public schools for the same reason Muhammad may not... because religion is not something for public educators to be presenting to children. That's up to the parents to decide. See... no intolerance there... just making it the parents choice.

In a world where the bible is allowed into the public schools... would you be ok with the Koran and possibly even the book of Scientology? What about the Satanic Bible?
Old 12-02-2012, 14:06   #41
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
No it isn't. You are only tolerant of people that agree with you. You never even addressed Grape's points because they immediately pointed out your hypocrisy. I'm sure you'd actually rather keep having this back and forth with me as long as you don't have to address your true intolerance.

Nietzsche can be quoted in public school for the same Reason Socrates can. They aren't religious figures. If you want to exclude every great thinker from public school simply because they aren't religious figures then we might as well teach ABC and 123 and cut the little uneducated idiots loose.

Jesus may not be quoted in public schools for the same reason Muhammad may not... because religion is not something for public educators to be presenting to children. That's up to the parents to decide. See... no intolerance there... just making it the parents choice.

In a world where the bible is allowed into the public schools... would you be ok with the Koran and possibly even the book of Scientology? What about the Satanic Bible?
Such hatred...

And before you deny it, I have seen your posts in other threads as well.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 14:08   #42
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Such hatred...

And before you deny it, I have seen your posts in other threads as well.
See, you can't even begin to defend your stance. You just turn it back around and attempt to run.

Let's bring the Bible into public schools. But let's also bring the Satanic Bible as well. And teach them both as equally valid. What's wrong with that?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 12-02-2012 at 14:09..
Old 12-02-2012, 14:09   #43
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
See, you can't even begin to defend your stance. You just turn it back around and attempt to run.
Whatever, your posts are there for all to see.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 14:10   #44
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Let's bring the Bible into public schools. But let's also bring the Satanic Bible as well. And teach them both as equally valid. What's wrong with that?
Who said to bring the Bible into public schools? Can't you even stay on topic for one single post?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 14:11..
Old 12-02-2012, 14:28   #45
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Who said to bring the Bible into public schools? Can't you even stay on topic for one single post?
Sorry, I thought quoting Jesus in public school would mean introducing the bible. Was he involved with other fictional books other than the bible?
Old 12-02-2012, 14:28   #46
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Whatever
Brilliant come back.
Old 12-02-2012, 14:30   #47
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Brilliant come back.
Nice edit. I guess the truth hurts.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Old 12-02-2012, 14:42   #48
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Nice edit. I guess the truth hurts.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
I don't have a problem with anything I've posted.

You still continue to dance around the questions directed at you.

Keep dodging.
Old 12-02-2012, 14:45   #49
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
I don't have a problem with anything I've posted.

You still continue to dance around the questions directed at you.

Keep dodging.
And this bothers you so much, why?

I thought I made clear in the beginning that I didn't care what you think of me or my opinion. Why do you insist on trying to engage me in a discussion?

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 12-02-2012 at 14:46..
Old 12-02-2012, 15:19   #50
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I thought I made clear in the beginning that I didn't care what you think of me or my opinion. Why do you insist on trying to engage me in a discussion?
Which brings us back around to troll. Thank you for proving my point.