SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:57   #181
steve581581

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Putting aside the incident details, assuming it actually happened. You do understand that, like it or not, you represent gun owners. Throughout this thread (even starting with the original post/title), you've gone out of your way to be as abrasive and confrontational to LE as possible. Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps your attitude may be contributing to the terse responses here and possibly in the incident itself? Can you appreciate the job that these people in LE do? Just look in threads in the cop section. Aren't you tired of seeing officer after officer posted as another fallen hero? I am not a LEO, never have been. I know some good people who are and have heard the stories of the daily barrage of crap that they deal with. To see someone like you who,whether I like or not, represents gun owners and interacts with LEOs in the manner that you do...well, I find it disgusting.

If an officer behaved poorly, sure file a complaint and take it up with his superiors. However you've chosen to take it much further. Aside from apparently seeking financial compensation, you're hell bent on attacking an entire profession. It's very unfortunate that you've chosen the tact for dealing with the situation. Unfortunately for the rest of us that work hard at portraying a positive image of responsible gun owners,actions like yours tend to nullify a great deal of positive actions of others. Perhaps someday you'll mature to the point where you can see how disgraceful you've behaved throughout the ordeal.
I couldn't have worded this any better.
steve581581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:36   #182
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

OP,

Have you ever been arrested before? If so, what for and were you convicted?

When was the last time you smoked weed?

ICARRY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:44   #183
TheExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Putting aside the incident details, assuming it actually happened. You do understand that, like it or not, you represent gun owners. Throughout this thread (even starting with the original post/title), you've gone out of your way to be as abrasive and confrontational to LE as possible. Has it ever dawned on you that perhaps your attitude may be contributing to the terse responses here and possibly in the incident itself? Can you appreciate the job that these people in LE do? Just look in threads in the cop section. Aren't you tired of seeing officer after officer posted as another fallen hero? I am not a LEO, never have been. I know some good people who are and have heard the stories of the daily barrage of crap that they deal with. To see someone like you who,whether I like or not, represents gun owners and interacts with LEOs in the manner that you do...well, I find it disgusting.

If an officer behaved poorly, sure file a complaint and take it up with his superiors. However you've chosen to take it much further. Aside from apparently seeking financial compensation, you're hell bent on attacking an entire profession. It's very unfortunate that you've chosen the tact for dealing with the situation. Unfortunately for the rest of us that work hard at portraying a positive image of responsible gun owners,actions like yours tend to nullify a great deal of positive actions of others. Perhaps someday you'll mature to the point where you can see how disgraceful you've behaved throughout the ordeal.
Right on.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:44   #184
Walt Sherrill

I've read through this entire message chain, and I can't really figure out what the LAW in the state where the event took place might be. Perhaps I just read past the key info?

As I understand it here in North Carolina, for example, you can't carry (concealed or otherwise) except on your own property if you've CONSUMED alcohol. There's no requirement that you be impaired or intoxicated as a result of that consumption. If the stuff is in your system -- as was the case with the original post -- you're at risk for arrest.

What was the controlling LAW in the state in question?
Walt Sherrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:45   #185
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
I have professionals that are working in my best interests in this matter.
I've in the past been part of an Internal Investigation of 3 cops that resulted in some very black marks against them
What L/E agency do you work for? Civilians cannot be "part of" any L/E investigations.

Old 12-05-2012, 14:49   #186
Green Dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExplorer View Post
Right on.
I agree...his post was indeed a good post. However, I don't think it is just LE that he has a problem with. This is just a symptom of a broader disorder.

The OP has a chip on his shoulder over lots of things. Because of his station in life, he wakes up ticked at the world and looks for excuses to express it.
Green Dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:50   #187
Smithers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Lets see: Violating the law while carrying; interaction with law enforcement during a traffic stop; perceived civil rights violation while carrying; civil rights lawsuit for violation of 2nd Amendment Right.
Let's describe the police as the OP did-

"stupid"
"inept"
"clowns"

I'm sure he'll get those stupid, inept clown cops next time with his brand new dash cam installed.

I think your intentions were good when making this thread, just mistaken.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:54   #188
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Sherrill View Post
I've read through this entire message chain, and I can't really figure out what the LAW in the state where the event took place might be. Perhaps I just read past the key info?

What was the controlling LAW in the state in question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
For the sake of argument, if he's really from WI

941.20 (1) (a),(1) (b)

Quote:
941.20  Endangering safety by use of dangerous weapon. (1) Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor:
(a) Endangers another's safety by the negligent operation or handling of a dangerous weapon; or
(b) Operates or goes armed with a firearm while he or she is under the influence of an intoxicant;
Again, "intoxicated" doesn't mean .08, it means each individual's ability to act with clear judgement. It's different from person to person, and there are a lot of variables.
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

golls17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:11   #189
Smithers

Quote:
Okay
Let's take a poll
Anybody that's consumed alcohol within 4 hours of driving a motor vehicle raise their hand.
This includes auto, trucks, snowmobiles, boats and yes, lawn tractors operated within the right of way of a road, highway.
Bet it'll get real quiet around here.
Do you feel you were impaired?
Anyone that drinks and has a gun on them is a danger and a fool.

That's not an opinion.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:22   #190
RussP

Quote:
Anybody that's consumed alcohol within 4 hours of driving a motor vehicle raise their hand.
Okay, again, are you saying that 4 hours elapsed between the time you finished the last drink at the bar and when you started your vehicle, drove a couple of miles and were stopped?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:38   #191
RussP

C'mon folks, let's keep the remarks and questions relevant to the thread and the specific incident.

Don't start name calling, trolling. The outcome for you will not be good.

Thanks

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 16:17   #192
dhoomonyou

Quote:
I have professionals that are working in my best interests in this matter.
I've in the past been part of an Internal Investigation of 3 cops that resulted in some very black marks against them
HUH?
wouldnt your PROFESSIONALS advise against discussing the CASE on the internet.

Im confused.
Smith & Wesson Club # 711
Do not demand accomplishment from those with no talent.
dhoomonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 16:37   #193
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoomonyou View Post
HUH?
wouldnt your PROFESSIONALS advise against discussing the CASE on the internet.

Im confused.
We have had valid cases discussed on GT while they were ongoing. Not sure this case passes the litmus test as being valid though. And I would guess most attorneys would suggest against posting it on the internet.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 17:55   #194
SpringerTGO

Hey OP,

I guess I'm one of the people with reading comprehension problems, because it appears to me that the more you post the bigger the hole you seem to dig.
Although a lot of people here aren't pro leo (a lot are too) the overwhelming majority seems to think you are kind of a putz.

Your LEO encounter wasn't random. You did something to attract it.You didn't appear sober. You failed a sobriety test. Make all the excuses you want. It's YOUR FAULT you drank, drove, and got busted.
OWN IT.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:52   #195
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
By your word you say that.

We want to see reports.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I do not believe for one minute that the op was arrested for .012. Not unless he was stoned out of his mind on weed. What do you guys think? I agree about "reports". I would even pay for it if he can't afford it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 12-05-2012 at 19:32..
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:11   #196
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I'm on break so I'll make this quick.
The reading comp on this board is an absolute joke.
My blood was .012
the link says this cop was .12
Math isn't a strong subject
Well, I read what I believe to be correct. I don't see any way that a cop is arresting a sober person for .012. Now if you were smoking a little weed in that der seegar that may have added to your "dopiness". I support honest leo and have testified for and against leo in trials. How old are you, race, hair length, what were you driving? Weight, what were you drinking and time before being stopped and time of last drink? I would love to see a copy of the arrest report and the name and address can be redacted.

This does not sound like a section 1983 1985 case at all. When people talk about .12 they ,mean .12 and not .012 and I would not be surprised to see the prosecutor amend the charges to display that amount of alcohol. Just ask the other guys and they will more likely than not agree with me. I would get a copy of that report if you don't have one and verify that fact or have your attorney check it out before trial or you may be smacked with an ugly stick of reality.

Were you a smart aleck to the leo? Back many years ago I had been out drinking at some booby bars. I got stopped for running a stop sign. Luckily I was starting a training academy the next week and was let go because I was nice. Gotta be nice to the leo when they stop you.

Cool songs:

Cool car:

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 12-05-2012 at 19:19..
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:19   #197
RustyL

I just spewed beer on my loaded gun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
"Sue Forrest, Sue!!!!

RustyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:08   #198
Benji40

Serious question, OP Bucksnort are you from Tennessee? I grew up about 10 miles from Bucksnort, it has a nice fish farm and can be reached by I-40.
Benji40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:28   #199
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Buckslappy,

Hey!

Is you real name Silus Robertson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-05-2012, 22:32   #200
ketyt
Gold Member

Much of what I will say here had already been mentioned. I lurk a lot, but seldom post anything. I frequent the classifieds and enjoy the site primarily for that reason.

If I were in the OP's shoes, I'd never be posting anything about the potential litigation on here even if there is only a minute chance of it working against him and his success in resolving this case. Simply rely on your attorney to handle the case. Why jeopardize your future just to sling **** on the interwebz?

Furthermore, when carrying, driving, riding, or operating any kind of machinery that can cause harm to myself or others, I make it an absolute rule to never drink alcohol. The 100% sober rule eliminates any questions about how much is legal to drink and how it affects your blood alcohol level or how impaired your judgement may be. It is a great rule - a stress free one.

And finally, you sound like quite a bigot (Polak remark rubbed me the wrong way), and seem to be rather allergic to all law
enforcement persons. Not at all a proper representation of the rest of us, gun toting, law abiding citizens.

As bad as I feel saying it, I do not have my fingers crossed for you one bit. Hope justice prevails and you learn a valuable lesson - maybe others will learn from your example as well (the only positive here, IMHO).
ketyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccw arrest, ccw followup