GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53   #226
eaglefrq
NRA Member
 
eaglefrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
The last few pages and that's it??
Yes, that's the way TROLLS are, they pick and choose who they want to respond to.
__________________
You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-07-2012 at 06:16..
eaglefrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21   #227
Jgriggs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Thanks for your honesty on the question on whether you've ever taken a drink and then drove

You're welcome.

For the record, with a CDL the limit is .04 and bottle to throttle is 8 hours. There is only one "side" to my license, not a commercial "side" and a car "side." Therefore the same rules apply no matter what I'm driving. Some may argue that and LEO might cut me a break based on the vehicle, but the technicality is that with this lic. it's .04/8hrs. Believe what you want, but that's why I never do it.
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57   #228
Cream Soda Kid
Senior Member
 
Cream Soda Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
Sounds like a disgruntled person to me. Own up & identify your mistakes & learn from them. A beer, a car, speeding... lots that could have avoided the whole thing if even true.

Good luck. & yeah stop posting about it.
Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43   #229
Apetrulis01
Senior Member
 
Apetrulis01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cape Coral, Fl
Posts: 1,226
ugh

It is amazing how certain people lump all cops into the same category. If they had a bad experience with one then all cops are bad and they are out to abuse your civil rights.

Image if the cops use the same logic on the general population. Wow, everyone must smoke crack, this guy was a a-hole on a traffic stop so everyone is a a-hole, the last guy I stopped fought me so let me just club this guy like a baby seal because he has to be like everyone else. Good thing most cops don't think like that.

It is starting to get to where being a cop is not even worth it, everyone seems to be out against you.

I got it, lets just fire every cop in the country, I am sure no it will be all sunshine and rainbows for everybody.

Adam
__________________
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing (Edmund Burke)

Deputy Sheriff: Duty Gun Glock 22, S&W Magpul Midlength 16" AR, Remington 870, Glock 27, BUG: Ruger LCP
Apetrulis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07   #230
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetrulis01 View Post
It is amazing how certain people lump all cops into the same category. If they had a bad experience with one then all cops are bad and they are out to abuse your civil rights.

Image if the cops use the same logic on the general population. Wow, everyone must smoke crack, this guy was a a-hole on a traffic stop so everyone is a a-hole, the last guy I stopped fought me so let me just club this guy like a baby seal because he has to be like everyone else. Good thing most cops don't think like that.

It is starting to get to where being a cop is not even worth it, everyone seems to be out against you.

I got it, lets just fire every cop in the country, I am sure no it will be all sunshine and rainbows for everybody.

Adam
A lot of leo bunch people in as the "enemy". It is sad but true. Then we have people who truly have never been involved in a false arrest and know nothing about the system. What irks me is when people have done something..ie an incident and then get beaten and money but the people who are truly falsely arrested..ie no incident but lies by police and others don't get a darned dollar. See,s a little out of whack to me. Sometime I will tell you a true story of a man that was arrested five times and didn't do a darned thing and when he finally threatened to shoot them the charges were all dropped. I personally treat everyone as individuals but we could in realty say that all people were bad and be correct.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12   #231
bucksnort1959
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
Yes, that's the way TROLLS are, they pick and choose who they want to respond to.
wow, now the names.
I shall call you sailor boy.
SB
Interpret the jury instructions as if they were given to you to judge.
Have you ever had a beer and then operated?
It seems to have gotten real quiet when these questions are asked.
Lots of circular arguments that get boring.
bucksnort1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17   #232
Jgriggs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 111
I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:26   #233
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
If he is born in 1959 he is around 53-54 and less likely to be a weed hound but nothing would surprise me. If he had a jury trial with a good attorney it would cost him at least 5k in most areas or more. If he had a jury trial the state would have thought it was a strong case or they would have nolle the case. I don't drink and drive because I don't drink but I co carry the personal protector.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30   #234
eaglefrq
NRA Member
 
eaglefrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
wow, now the names.
I shall call you sailor boy.
SB
Interpret the jury instructions as if they were given to you to judge.
Have you ever had a beer and then operated?
It seems to have gotten real quiet when these questions are asked.
Lots of circular arguments that get boring.
Thanks for proving my point about trolling.
__________________
You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-07-2012 at 11:40..
eaglefrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48   #235
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,620
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Interpret the jury instructions as if they were given to you to judge.
Have you ever had a beer and then operated?
Why is this so damn important? Why does everyone have to give their interpretation?

The interpretation/application to your case cannot be made without the rest of the story, the testimony by the officers on scene, the technician who drew the blood, the officers or deputies who processed you, the bartender where you had your "one beer."

What other instructions were given to jurors?

First, however, answer this. Were you put on trial for the alcohol charge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
It seems to have gotten real quiet when these questions are asked.
The quiet is your fault. There are many, many questions put to you that you refuse to answer. We're "quietly" awaiting those answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Lots of circular arguments that get boring.
No, not circular arguments, just the same questions we asked earlier being repeated.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02   #236
Fox
Varmit Control
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 8,168
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Here in Miami we have these fresh out of High School, 18 year old cops, who don't even know what a Yield sign stands for....good luck to you.
Minimum age should be 25yo for a cop because it's a job that requires maturity IMO.

The young guys 18 to 24yo are encouraged to join the military for the life experience.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12   #237
bucksnort1959
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
Yes and yes
bucksnort1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:20   #238
bucksnort1959
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Why is this so damn important? Why does everyone have to give their interpretation?

The interpretation/application to your case cannot be made without the rest of the story,
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
bucksnort1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27   #239
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
People who don't drink do ti for a reason. Most people either want sex or to fight when drinking. If you swerved on the dashcam they would have reasonable suspicion that you were drinking. Most jury instructions are standard and then changed a bit for each case. But it has been my ecperience that a government will spend 100k on lawyers before they pay you one dollar. If you can't prove you are 100 percent right you will lose the civil rights case on a 1983 1985 case. I think that is why people are curious about this thread. In some ways you have done like a woman..dancing around teasing everyone.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29   #240
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Minimum age should be 25yo for a cop because it's a job that requires maturity IMO.

The young guys 18 to 24yo are encouraged to join the military for the life experience.
The military likes young guns because they take orders and don't question authority..as we get older we question authority and "WHY".
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35   #241
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude
 
BicycleDay43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Grove, Kentucky
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Here in Miami we have these fresh out of High School, 18 year old cops, who don't even know what a Yield sign stands for....good luck to you.
An individual must be 21 years of age to be hired as an LEO for most agencies. (For dealing with handguns, alcohol). Not sure if you're being sarcastic or just full of it.
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:01   #242
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,620
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.
As someone said earlier, so you can say, "Well, I didn't do anything different than what others do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough.
On advice of your attorney?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
I must have missed them. What questions did you directly answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
What you want is an interpretation of the law and a definition within the law. The law is clear. The definition of "under the influence", however, requires more information to determine whether the facts of the case meet the burden of proof. It isn't a number. It says, " consuming an amount of alcohol to cause the person to be less able to exercise clear judgment..." It does not quantify the "amount of alcohol".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
Anyone else's behavior is immaterial and irrelevant.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 15:44   #243
SpringerTGO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
Just because people condemning your actions and attitude might have had a drink and driven doesn't change a thing. You got caught. If I get pulled over after having a drink, it will be my fault and not the officers. Just like if I have a weapon at the time. It's not the officers fault that you took a chance and blew it. A major part of his job is keeping impaired drivers off the road, but I doubt he enjoys that part of it.

Last edited by SpringerTGO; 12-07-2012 at 15:44..
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:20   #244
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
...

First, however, answer this. Were you put on trial for the alcohol charge?The quiet is your fault. There are many, many questions put to you that you refuse to answer. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
...

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
....
?

I guess I missed it. But I do not seem to understand exactly what charges were filed and whether there was an acquital or a finding of guilt. Could someone point me to the answers to this?
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 12-07-2012 at 16:21..
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:46   #245
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
wow, now the names.
"the names" started with your very first post, continues throughout, and yet you have the audacity to be offended & surprised. I'm pretty sure there's a life lesson that's not buried too deep for you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959
I was asked if my concealed was loaded.pretty stupid cop and the impending civil rights violation suit will maybe edumacate him

I love that cops have vid rolling to show how inept they are.

Right here pops. Some of us have to toll and get dirty during the day to support you guys


I have to work during the day to support the rest of you slackers

Do you mind Barney going through your personnel belongings on a "hunch" or fishing expo?

...cuffed and stuffed just because maybe Barney thought he was gonna get an atta boy from his boss.

Did you also get a law degree or did youjust do the 60 credit thing to get in?

Hold your horses Bronco Billy.

I amazed at all the posts from cops on the legality of items depicted. I didn't realize you guys also got law degrees. I always assumed you were just evidence gathers.

The reading comp on this board is an absolute joke.

You aren't by chance the famous Milwaukkee pizza delivery boy that shot the robber that started the movement for CCW in WI are you?
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 12-08-2012 at 08:10..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 17:56   #246
AZson
Senior Member
 
AZson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tucson
Posts: 3,017
Good luck I hope you win.
__________________
G17 G27 G29 G35 G38 NRA GSSF
NEED A GOOD GUN? See your local ATF (AKA F-troop) agent. He will get you one fast and furiously.
AZson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:57   #247
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
If you had a jury trial, op, how many years were you facing? Life is a battle and we are just like animals fighting for survival each and every day.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:06   #248
SgtScott31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 338
Let's not forget the completely different standard between criminal trial & a civil rights action against a LEO and/or the agency. If the officers acted reasonably in the arrest, there's no chance a civil suit will make it past summary judgment. From the fact patterns given by the OP, I don't see any $$$ in his future; or even any disciplinary action against the involved officers. Frankly it will probably cost him far more money retaining the attorneys who will even consider filing an action.
SgtScott31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:18   #249
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScott31 View Post
Let's not forget the completely different standard between criminal trial & a civil rights action against a LEO and/or the agency. If the officers acted reasonably in the arrest, there's no chance a civil suit will make it past summary judgment. From the fact patterns given by the OP, I don't see any $$$ in his future; or even any disciplinary action against the involved officers. Frankly it will probably cost him far more money retaining the attorneys who will even consider filing an action.
I agree and I see a total waste of time and energy on his part unless there is something we don't know about.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 21:21   #250
USMCsilver
I Like Monkeys
 
USMCsilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Middle of SC
Posts: 24,057
Send a message via AIM to USMCsilver Send a message via Yahoo to USMCsilver
Tagged.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
The Original USMCsilver©.

"Kiss my ass, I bought a boat! I'm goin' out to sea..." (Jimmy Buffett covering Lovett)
USMCsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
ccw arrest, ccw followup
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:17.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,423
419 Members
1,004 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42