GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11   #51
RM686
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
I can't tell whether you are serious or not.

To me, getting an old time butt wippin is not reason enough to shoot someone. I will admit I've been on the receiving end of said butt wippins , and I have administered a couple when I was younger.

If you feel froggy and jump on someone, you have to expect him to jump back on you. If you aren't ready for that, you shouldn't put yourself in that position.

And that doesn't matter whether you are black, white, brown or purple. Whether you are in a bar or on the street.

Maybe the world has changed that much though.
So some 20 year old comes up behind you and starts punching the hell out of you , your suspose to take it like a man.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35   #52
ModGlock17
Senior Member
 
ModGlock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lalaland USA
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
you kidding me? obama gets the jew and hispanic vote by over 70% each time that crusifying a hispanic jew wouldnt matter to either of those groups.
I get what you're saying but the press was playing it like a "cause" for a revolution. Remember?

In that sense, it was bigger than a Zimmerman or a Trayvon.

Perhaps with this background, they threw in free-handouts to win them over. Brilliant play, I'd say.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:41   #53
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,263
Political Issues


Lawyer for George Zimmerman 'frustrated' at prosecutors' withholding of graphic photo

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/03...#ixzz2E8ra2tTJ

The prosecution withheld the color pic for months.
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:43   #54
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I highly suspect that a lot of what has happened in this case is politically motivated. Time will tell.

I do like the fact that he's suing NBC. Their altering of the 911 tape was maliciously motivated.
Very much so:

"Sanford cops a problem for prosecutors in Zimmerman case, experts say"

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1456144

Can anyone say- Richard Jewell?
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:45   #55
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
I never really had that thought. Too busy trying to find a way to get back on my feet. The last time was in Detroit. I had to go to the hospital the next morning.

.
Were you mounted and being pummeled MMA style?
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:17   #56
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,137


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Were you mounted and being pummeled MMA style?
One clarification. MMA doesn't have concrete floors.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:20   #57
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
One clarification. MMA doesn't have concrete floors.
Noted.

Thanks, Doc.
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:34   #58
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
yep, he didnt get beat so bad that he feared for his life after he shot his attacker, it was before.

he got attacked, feared for his life, then fired one round after taking how many punches to the face, and having his head slammed on to the street how many times with his attacker on top of him...?
Thats right plus the low life beating the life out of him was trying to take his gun & Zimmerman said he feared he was going to pass out. What should he have done? Let T/M Kill him??
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 00:40   #59
panzer1
NRA MEMBER
 
panzer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: p.a.
Posts: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerd View Post
Hell, it's just a good 'ole ass whippin! Just boys being boys. You know. Nothing but good, clean fun!
That is a joke Right??
__________________
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY!
NRA MEMBER
panzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:13   #60
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
I understand you are the sensitive type. It's OK.

I lived in Oklahoma and my parents still own a farm there. I know for a fact there are bars there today that the highlight of the evening may be a good fight. And I've yet to see anyone shot.

Like I said. It was the perfect match: Idiocy met Stupidity that night.
Your posts show that you are quite fond of that match-up.

Last edited by juggy4711; 12-05-2012 at 03:14..
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51   #61
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Right, because the lawyers working the case owe us everything they have as soon as they get it. How do they expect us to make a proper judgement without that stuff?
Remember how every 22 year old girl in the country was manipulated by the media and consequently glued to the Casey Anthony trial? Well, this case is the Casey Anthony trail for the far right.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57   #62
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,137


Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
Thats right plus the low life beating the life out of him was trying to take his gun & Zimmerman said he feared he was going to pass out. What should he have done? Let T/M Kill him??
That's the liberal solution. To them, minorities have a right to kill whitey. In a fight, whitey is supposed to take whatever is dished out due to all that tension he caused by owning black men 150 years ago. Why do you think the media was trumpeting the "poor black child chased down and shot to death by racist white guy" story? Even though he was Hispanic.

It's obvious that even some posters around here have bought into that theme.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:00   #63
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Very much so:

"Sanford cops a problem for prosecutors in Zimmerman case, experts say"

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1456144

Can anyone say- Richard Jewell?
The evidence is the problem for the prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, end of story.

There has never been anything in the press that would even allow an arrest in the case, but for that very one-sided affidavit they did a few days later.

The thing that always comes back to my mind is, the only reason Zimmerman is in jail and we have heard of this case, is that they first assumed he was white, because of his name and neighborhood. Otherwise, he'd have gone home with no charges and it would have faded away with a few local news articles. If Benjamin Crump and others hadn't thought they could make it a white/black race issue, for profit, they'd have never hired the publicist and issued the press releases and created this thing.
__________________
Open carry activists are to gun rights what the Westboro Baptist Church is to free speech.

Last edited by Bren; 12-05-2012 at 05:01..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:27   #64
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That's the liberal solution. To them, minorities have a right to kill whitey.
I think you're exaggerating and resorting to hyperbole here. Liberals (most) are against firearms in general.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28   #65
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,137


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I think you're exaggerating and resorting to hyperbole here. Liberals (most) are against firearms in general.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Have you read what has been posted in the thread?

Some are taking the position that it was just a beat down, no reason to use deadly force. From what has been reported, I disagree. Posts 44 & 51.

Don't worry, it'll work itself out in the end.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-05-2012 at 06:30..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12   #66
DonGlock26
Senior Member
 
DonGlock26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 106,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The evidence is the problem for the prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, end of story.

There has never been anything in the press that would even allow an arrest in the case, but for that very one-sided affidavit they did a few days later.

The thing that always comes back to my mind is, the only reason Zimmerman is in jail and we have heard of this case, is that they first assumed he was white, because of his name and neighborhood. Otherwise, he'd have gone home with no charges and it would have faded away with a few local news articles. If Benjamin Crump and others hadn't thought they could make it a white/black race issue, for profit, they'd have never hired the publicist and issued the press releases and created this thing.
Yep, the media thought they had a dream case of a white man gunning down an unarmed black teen. Then, thing went south and they began to alter the 911 tapes.
__________________
“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”
DonGlock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25   #67
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
I don't care about seeing the photo but is seems as if the prosecution is trying to subvert the discovery process. That is not ethical, but then, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Better to sacrifice one sorta white looking hispanic male than to risk the ire of the people in the 'hood as we know what the probable reaction will be. [/SARCASM]

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 08:26..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20   #68
ModGlock17
Senior Member
 
ModGlock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lalaland USA
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I don't care about seeing the photo but is seems as if the prosecution is trying to subvert the discovery process. That is not ethical, but then, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Better to sacrifice one sorta white looking hispanic male than to risk the ire of the people in the 'hood as we know what the probable reaction will be. [/SARCASM]

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Yes. Just wanted to add that it wasn't about the people in the hood. It was about getting reelected, so you'd be in power to do your own things.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42   #69
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 14,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Yes. Just wanted to add that it wasn't about the people in the hood. It was about getting reelected, so you'd be in power to do your own things.
True, pandering is often a means to the desired end.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
__________________
"Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire." - Arnold H. Glasgow
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 17:39   #70
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Have you read what has been posted in the thread?.
Yes. Can you point me to the post in which this was stated:

"minorities have a right to kill whitey"





Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:03   #71
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 15,846
Who is this Zimmerman guy anyway?
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:55   #72
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,137


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
Yes. Can you point me to the post in which this was stated:

"minorities have a right to kill whitey"





Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

That is a very small stretch from the mantra of the media and some of the posts here. I'd agree with calling it a less than delicate way to put it, but calling it hyperbole is, well..... hyperbole.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:00   #73
RM686
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 96
"minorities have a right to kill whitey"

True but they have to use BLACK TALON BULLETS.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:18   #74
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That is a very small stretch from the mantra of the media and some of the posts here. I'd agree with calling it a less than delicate way to put it, but calling it hyperbole is, well..... hyperbole.
I haven't heard anything even close to this, unless you consider the 4 members of the black panthers credible people (and I still haven't heard them say this, I'm just assuming).


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:48   #75
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,137


Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I haven't heard anything even close to this, unless you consider the 4 members of the black panthers credible people (and I still haven't heard them say this, I'm just assuming).


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Are you actually claiming that there is not a race issue that has been hyped in this case?
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 734
171 Members
563 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42