SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:51   #61
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Right, because the lawyers working the case owe us everything they have as soon as they get it. How do they expect us to make a proper judgement without that stuff?
Remember how every 22 year old girl in the country was manipulated by the media and consequently glued to the Casey Anthony trial? Well, this case is the Casey Anthony trail for the far right.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57   #62
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
Thats right plus the low life beating the life out of him was trying to take his gun & Zimmerman said he feared he was going to pass out. What should he have done? Let T/M Kill him??
That's the liberal solution. To them, minorities have a right to kill whitey. In a fight, whitey is supposed to take whatever is dished out due to all that tension he caused by owning black men 150 years ago. Why do you think the media was trumpeting the "poor black child chased down and shot to death by racist white guy" story? Even though he was Hispanic.

It's obvious that even some posters around here have bought into that theme.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00   #63
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlock26 View Post
Very much so:

"Sanford cops a problem for prosecutors in Zimmerman case, experts say"

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1456144

Can anyone say- Richard Jewell?
The evidence is the problem for the prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, end of story.

There has never been anything in the press that would even allow an arrest in the case, but for that very one-sided affidavit they did a few days later.

The thing that always comes back to my mind is, the only reason Zimmerman is in jail and we have heard of this case, is that they first assumed he was white, because of his name and neighborhood. Otherwise, he'd have gone home with no charges and it would have faded away with a few local news articles. If Benjamin Crump and others hadn't thought they could make it a white/black race issue, for profit, they'd have never hired the publicist and issued the press releases and created this thing.

Last edited by Bren; 12-05-2012 at 06:01..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27   #64
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That's the liberal solution. To them, minorities have a right to kill whitey.
I think you're exaggerating and resorting to hyperbole here. Liberals (most) are against firearms in general.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-05-2012, 07:28   #65
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
I think you're exaggerating and resorting to hyperbole here. Liberals (most) are against firearms in general.

Have you read what has been posted in the thread?

Some are taking the position that it was just a beat down, no reason to use deadly force. From what has been reported, I disagree. Posts 44 & 51.

Don't worry, it'll work itself out in the end.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-05-2012 at 07:30..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12   #66
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
The evidence is the problem for the prosecutors in the Zimmerman case, end of story.

There has never been anything in the press that would even allow an arrest in the case, but for that very one-sided affidavit they did a few days later.

The thing that always comes back to my mind is, the only reason Zimmerman is in jail and we have heard of this case, is that they first assumed he was white, because of his name and neighborhood. Otherwise, he'd have gone home with no charges and it would have faded away with a few local news articles. If Benjamin Crump and others hadn't thought they could make it a white/black race issue, for profit, they'd have never hired the publicist and issued the press releases and created this thing.
Yep, the media thought they had a dream case of a white man gunning down an unarmed black teen. Then, thing went south and they began to alter the 911 tapes.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25   #67
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

I don't care about seeing the photo but is seems as if the prosecution is trying to subvert the discovery process. That is not ethical, but then, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Better to sacrifice one sorta white looking hispanic male than to risk the ire of the people in the 'hood as we know what the probable reaction will be. [/SARCASM]

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 12-05-2012 at 09:26..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20   #68
ModGlock17

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
I don't care about seeing the photo but is seems as if the prosecution is trying to subvert the discovery process. That is not ethical, but then, "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Better to sacrifice one sorta white looking hispanic male than to risk the ire of the people in the 'hood as we know what the probable reaction will be. [/SARCASM]

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Yes. Just wanted to add that it wasn't about the people in the hood. It was about getting reelected, so you'd be in power to do your own things.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42   #69
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Yes. Just wanted to add that it wasn't about the people in the hood. It was about getting reelected, so you'd be in power to do your own things.
True, pandering is often a means to the desired end.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:39   #70
IvanVic

Quote:
Have you read what has been posted in the thread?.
Yes. Can you point me to the post in which this was stated:

"minorities have a right to kill whitey"

Old 12-05-2012, 20:03   #71
SCmasterblaster

Who is this Zimmerman guy anyway?
Old 12-06-2012, 17:55   #72
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Yes. Can you point me to the post in which this was stated:

That is a very small stretch from the mantra of the media and some of the posts here. I'd agree with calling it a less than delicate way to put it, but calling it hyperbole is, well..... hyperbole.
Old 12-06-2012, 18:00   #73
RM686

True but they have to use BLACK TALON BULLETS.
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 18:18   #74
IvanVic

Quote:
That is a very small stretch from the mantra of the media and some of the posts here. I'd agree with calling it a less than delicate way to put it, but calling it hyperbole is, well..... hyperbole.
I haven't heard anything even close to this, unless you consider the 4 members of the black panthers credible people (and I still haven't heard them say this, I'm just assuming).

Old 12-07-2012, 06:48   #75
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I haven't heard anything even close to this, unless you consider the 4 members of the black panthers credible people (and I still haven't heard them say this, I'm just assuming).

Are you actually claiming that there is not a race issue that has been hyped in this case?
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54   #76
DonGlock26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM686 View Post

True but they have to use BLACK TALON BULLETS.
On trains anyway.

Quote:

Colin Ferguson (mass murderer)

Six passengers died from their injuries:

Amy Federici, a 27-year-old Corporate Interior Designer from Mineola, New York[9]
James Gorycki, a 51-year-old Account Executive also from Mineola[12]
Mi Kyung Kim, a 27-year-old from New Hyde Park, New York[17]
Maria Theresa Tumangan Magtoto, a 30-year-old Lawyer from Westbury, New York[17]
Dennis McCarthy, a 52-year-old Office Manager from Mineola. His son Kevin was severely injured; and his wife Carolyn McCarthy[17] was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1996.
Richard Nettleton, a 24-year-old college student from Roslyn Heights, New York[17]

None of Ferguson's victims were black

Police found pieces of notebook paper in Ferguson's pockets with scribbled notes with the heading "reasons for this".[11] One of the notes referred to "racism by Caucasians and Uncle Tom Negroes".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_F...(mass_murderer)

Old 12-07-2012, 10:11   #77
Gundude

Quote:
Have you read what has been posted in the thread?

Some are taking the position that it was just a beat down, no reason to use deadly force. From what has been reported, I disagree. Posts 44 & 51.

Don't worry, it'll work itself out in the end.
Others (like myself) are taking the position that receiving a beat down doesn't undisputedly justify the use of deadly force. The distinction appears to be lost on a lot of people (not you in particular).

Last edited by Gundude; 12-07-2012 at 10:13..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26   #78
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Others (like myself) are taking the position that receiving a beat down doesn't undisputedly justify the use of deadly force. The distinction appears to be lost on a lot of people (not you in particular).
You are correct - it would have to put him in reasonable fear that he was about to suffer death or a serious injury, or you have to believe a "forcible felony" is taking place, under Florida law (could be either the assault itself or the belief that he was about to be robbed) to allow deadly force. However, if your head is being beaten against a sidewalk - and especially if you have a gun that can be taken when you are unconscious - that's not hard burden to meet.

If the evidence we have is true, it looks like a virtual certainty that he was legally justified.

Last edited by Bren; 12-07-2012 at 10:29..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:34   #79
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
I knew when to back out of a situation I shouldn't be in.
And if you couldn't back out? Maybe that was what Zim found himself in.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 20:23   #80
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Well, there is case law on disparity of force. Fear of death is not necessary in many states, fear of great bodily injury is all that is needed. In that kind of a fight, I'm bringing a gun. I'd use it only if I had to. I may have an underlying condition involving my neck (that is well documented) that would make it reasonable to not want to get punched in the head for fear of great bodily injury.

In this story, if it proves to be true, the introduction of the concrete sidewalk as a lethal weapon......

If the story happened the way that Zimmerman says it did, I think he should have shot him, I would have.

Now we can all wait and see what comes out in the trial, and see how it goes. I still think NBC owes him multiple million dollars for irrevocably damaging his reputation.