GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 16:44   #1
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,551
why the GOP will cave in on the fiscal cliff...

if the GOP doesnt cave in to obama before the fiscal cliff, they will look like the bad guys because...............

fiscal cliff happens......all tax rates go up, then obama looks like a hero by giving a new tax break to the middle class.

no cuts in the welfare roll and it will continue to drain the nation.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-03-2012 at 16:47..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:52   #2
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
And who will they look bad to?

A mass of leeches, statists and illegals? Some diehard, confused democrats?

The change that needs to take place is a revolutionary one. Let the cliff happen, let the economy tank. When the entitlements dry up and the federal monetary system fails, the wake up begins.

Flame on, haters.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 16:56   #3
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,551
you dont get it, obama will win....clif occures, taxes go up, he then cuts taxes for the middle class only like he wanted to before.....taxes will stay up for the upper class.

no economic tanking....

the GOP will look inept, again. powerless before the cliff and powerless after the cliff that obama fixed alone.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:00   #4
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
I get what your point is. But there will be an eventual tanking. Within the next few years.

This is a pivotal point and what does the GOP have to loose? They cant get re-elected with the teat sucking class voting.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:03   #5
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
he then cuts taxes for the middle class only like he wanted to before.....taxes will stay up for the upper class.
If the republican congress had balls they would stop this. Congress controls the purse strings.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:05   #6
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
I get what your point is. But there will be an eventual tanking. Within the next few years.

This is a pivotal point and what does the GOP have to loose? They cant get re-elected with the teat sucking class voting.
If there is to be an eventual tanking--and I think you're right, there will be--why fight it?
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:06   #7
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsnafu View Post
If there is to be an eventual tanking--and I think you're right, there will be--why fight it?
Correct.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:08   #8
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,096
I will bow out. To allow the natural progression of this debate.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:13   #9
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Thread title should read, why the Whig party will cave on the fiscal cliff.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:14   #10
Kablam
Senior Member
 
Kablam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,205
The GOP IS inept. They can't seem to put conservative candidates in front of the voters, and they can't seem to figure out how to deal with the democrat Pravda MSM. Doesn't matter what the GOP does. If they couldn't beat Obama this time, they have proven to be completely impotent. Time to let the deal collapse I guess. I see no way to beat the socialists until we're ruined as a nation and society...and then hope we can pick up the pieces in a positive way (doubtful...usually doesn't happen that way if history is any indication). So whether they cave or not makes no difference...the democrats will win and most likely get what they want.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:22   #11
IvanVic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
The GOP IS inept. They can't seem to put conservative candidates in front of the voters, and they can't seem to figure out how to deal with the democrat Pravda MSM. Doesn't matter what the GOP does. If they couldn't beat Obama this time, they have proven to be completely impotent. Time to let the deal collapse I guess. I see no way to beat the socialists until we're ruined as a nation and society...and then hope we can pick up the pieces in a positive way (doubtful...usually doesn't happen that way if history is any indication). So whether they cave or not makes no difference...the democrats will win and most likely get what they want.
They'll win on this issue because the majority of the country envies the rich. Polls show this mentality is true for a large number of registered republicans, too. It's going to be a losing issue for them simply because the left has most of the population on their side when it comes to that issue.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:25   #12
Atlas
transmogrifier
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 14,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
They'll win on this issue because the majority of the country envies the rich. Polls show this mentality is true for a large number of registered republicans, too. It's going to be a losing issue for them simply because the left has most of the population on their side when it comes to that issue.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The majority today envies what they themselves are not capable of producing.
It's typical of a degenerating society.
__________________
June 28, 2012: the day the American republic died.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:28   #13
Chronos
Senior Member
 
Chronos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,934
Obama probably feels he can't lose. Either

A) He gets everything he wants

or

B) He gets to blame the godawful economy in 2013 (coming regardless of what happens) on a "dysfunctional congress," and uses this as the rhetorical basis for power grabs and plans for hyper-aggressive economic intervention in his second term.
__________________
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:31   #14
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues
 
aircarver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 24,333


Republicans should, at minimum, not let the commie-crats say that this debacle was 'bi-partisan' ....

.
__________________
They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 18:37   #15
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The majority today envies what they themselves are not capable of producing.
It's typical of a degenerating society.
this is more true than most will admit.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:24   #16
evlbruce
Senior Member
 
evlbruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,292
Now that he won reelection President 0 can drop all pretense about helping the economy. It's more important to reward 0 voters and to destroy the opposition is than to better the nation.
__________________
Big Brother is Watching You.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzi
evlbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:26   #17
BORNGEARHEAD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 969
It's simply a made-for-tv drama. I believe that there will be no compromise. I believe that Obamas tax cuts are the plan. That way everything gets pushed through and we all sit and blame each side. Brilliant.
BORNGEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:48   #18
The Machinist
No Compromise
 
The Machinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
the GOP will look inept, again.
They look inept because they are inept. The GOP will cave into Obama's demands, because that's what self-serving politicians do.
__________________
Proud to be an infidel!
The Machinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 19:59   #19
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 20,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
They look inept because they are inept. The GOP will cave into Obama's demands, because that's what self-serving politicians do.
all they can do is cave in to grow the welfare roll, cut national defense, raise taxes on the well to do, decrease industry growth.

or they can stand firm and watch obama "save" us from the cliff by cutting the new taxes on the middle class while government grows and industry shrinks....

obama has no reason to care about the economy, no reason to care about businesses creating jobs....all he cares about doing is raising taxes on the successfull, keeping the welfare folks on the plantation, and spitting on the tea party.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 12-03-2012 at 20:01..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:39   #20
EOS
Senior Member
 
EOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,255
we need to go over the cliff, after a brief recession we'd start seeing improvements in the economy. But that wont happen, theyll make a deal that makes them look good and kick the can down the road once more. Until the day comes when they kick the can against a wall and are forced to pick it up. China figures out we can never pay them back as theyre arent even 16 trillion dollars in existence. We either default on the debt, (the ramifications of that is anyones guess.) or we simply print it out of thin air to pay the debt causing hyperinflation and it takes a dufflebag full of bills to buy a pack of gum. Either way a crisis is coming and hopefully we can restructure and revamp without society collapsing, even though civil unrest is almost certain when welfare and social security stops coming. Hopefully in the meantime the people can be educated about the scurge that is the Federal Reserve and when the crisis and subsequent revamping occurs, the problem will be brought to light
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:48   #21
juggy4711
Nimrod Son
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Galveston County, TX
Posts: 3,807
This has been years if not decades in the making. Its only recently that so many of us have realized it. Unfortunately it is still not enough of us not to be labeled as crazy folks.

Its a shame the warnings have been here all along and so many of us refused to acknowledge it because we didn't like the way the message was delivered.
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:06   #22
Vic777
Senior Member
 
Vic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
fiscal cliff happens......all tax rates go up, then obama looks like a hero by giving a new tax break to the middle class.
That's exactly why we should go over the cliff, let Obama own it all, it's going to be a real mess in Four Years, let Obama own it!
__________________
"It's Tom Dwan's World, we just live in it"
Vic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17   #23
maxsnafu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
This has been years if not decades in the making. Its only recently that so many of us have realized it. Unfortunately it is still not enough of us not to be labeled as crazy folks.

Its a shame the warnings have been here all along and so many of us refused to acknowledge it because we didn't like the way the message was delivered.
Some of us realized this a long time ago. Our warnings were ignored NOT because of "the way the message was delivered" but because people didn't want to hear the bad news.
__________________
The meek shall inherit the Gulag.
maxsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:08   #24
G19G20
Status Quo 2014
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
They look inept because they are inept. The GOP will cave into Obama's demands, because that's what self-serving politicians do.
They're not inept. The GOP House wants the added revenues as much as the Democrats do. The GOP hasn't done a single thing of note in the last 12 years to make anyone think that the GOP wants to cut spending and restore fiscal sanity. It's all kabuki theater to make the rank-and-file think the GOP leadership is actually fighting it. Obama will get what he wants because what he wants is also what the GOP leadership wants. More money to spend on their special interest owners and pet projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
This has been years if not decades in the making. Its only recently that so many of us have realized it. Unfortunately it is still not enough of us not to be labeled as crazy folks.

Its a shame the warnings have been here all along and so many of us refused to acknowledge it because we didn't like the way the message was delivered.
Bingo. You win the nets. I know exactly what you're talking about here. It'll be shrugged off by the peanut gallery though.
__________________
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda

Last edited by G19G20; 12-05-2012 at 08:11..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34   #25
JohnH
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
The GOP House wants the added revenues as much as the Democrats do. The GOP hasn't done a single thing of note in the last 12 years to make anyone think that the GOP wants to cut spending and restore fiscal sanity. It's all kabuki theater.......
That pretty much sums it up. I like your sig line also. The anybody-but-Obama crowd are nothing but low tax Democrats and keeping the status quo.
JohnH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:19.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 669
214 Members
455 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42