Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-30-2013, 21:31   #1
void *
Dereference Me!

Best local-to-california guns rights organizations?

I moved out of California years ago, I have family that still lives there. The bills the California senate passed are, imho, insane (a ruger 10/22 is not an assault rifle. You shouldn't have to pay the state $50 for the privilege of buying ammo. Putting a comment for every single bill will take too long). I want to help out local to Cali gun rights organizations a little. (Nothing amazing, I'm not a millionaire or anything - but what I can).

I'm checking out calguns and cgf. Looking for opinions/suggestions on what else to check out. Any ideas, throw them in here and I'll take a look at them, too.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 21:40   #2
Jelorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by void * View Post
I moved out of California years ago, I have family that still lives there. The bills the California senate passed are, imho, insane (a ruger 10/22 is not an assault rifle. You shouldn't have to pay the state $50 for the privilege of buying ammo. Putting a comment for every single bill will take too long). I want to help out local to Cali gun rights organizations a little. (Nothing amazing, I'm not a millionaire or anything - but what I can).

I'm checking out calguns and cgf. Looking for opinions/suggestions on what else to check out. Any ideas, throw them in here and I'll take a look at them, too.
Calguns is probably the best CA specific gun forum out there. There is also bumpfire.net but not as much traffic there.
Old 07-10-2013, 21:27   #3
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Void, thank you, first off, for the friendly impulse.

The two biggest I'm aware of are GOC, (gun Owners of California) and the California Rifle and Pistol Association.

I think most folks in the free states have about written us off, and I can't honestly blame them much, our laws are absurd. Most of California, though, is rural, agricultural, church-going, gun country. Unfortunately, there are a couple cities on the coast big enough to wag the whole state. One big tsunami would change the electoral math in a hurry, though. Have a good day.
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 21:53   #4
Dieter

First, reply to Ragnar - LOVE the name!

Second, CalGuns for sure, and Gun Owners of California. Gene Hoffman of CalGuns and Sam Paredes of GOC - these guys are on THE front lines, lawsuits and legislation respectively, in this state.

One thing you can do to help CalGuns - if you buy from Amazon.com, Calguns has a link on their website that connects you to Amazon - and they get a small cut of whatever you buy! Same Amazon pricing, so it isn't costing you anything. This really helps out.

Another organization to check out: Second Amendment Foundation - not California specific, but another important organization on the front lines all across the nation.
Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote