SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 14:57   #41
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuica View Post
Really? What's the first syllable in "Christmas?" Or am I missing something here? Cheers.
As we gather round the pagan tree and worship Santa for bringing us the iphone 5... yeah... it's all about some Jesus.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:55   #42
Comrade Bork

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The dark ages, the inquisition, catholic priests with their alter boys, the nazi concentration camps, the list goes on and on.

Not to mention the age of scientific discovery when scientists were shunned by the church and excommunicated, because they were doing scientific things, and the church thought it was heresy to go against what the church said.
"And Yet It Moves!"

Last edited by Comrade Bork; 12-04-2012 at 15:57..
Comrade Bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:01   #43
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
The devil is strong in some of you.
No wonder you fear Christ and Christians so much.
Oh sure, Christianity is the one who has caused death and destruction, hopelessness and despair for millions, and yet the people who are against christianity being so stupid are the ones who are in league with the devil.

Yeah, because that makes total sense.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:37   #44
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What do you think your savior would think about guns. Tools meant to kill.

If I had to guess I think he'd be sad that men felt they were necessary.

Or do you think Jesus would own a Glock?
Maybe, but He'd definitely have a Colt .45.
"Blessed are the peacemakers..."

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:38   #45
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Misinformed people bother me.
You should get help with that self-loathing thing.

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 16:47   #46
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
Maybe, but He'd definitely have a Colt .45.
"Blessed are the peacemakers..."
I'm sure he'd admire the craftsmanship.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 12-04-2012, 16:51   #47
Cream Soda Kid

Quote:
just thought I'd enlighten some of the GT bible thumpers on here.

Look up Saturnalia first.

I'll let the other people on here elaborate further.
You need to get a life.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:12   #48
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Misinformed people bother me. Be it those who are wrapped in Christian mythology, or liberals. They're both one in the same, living in Utopia. I come here to spread realism, no matter how much it sucks.
But why? Why don't you tell us what happened that made you that way? I'm serious. I love hearing what happened that caused somebody to get all ****ed up.

Last edited by series1811; 12-04-2012 at 18:12..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:13   #49
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream Soda Kid View Post
You need to get a life.

Because I took you out of your Utopia for a moment?

It was scary, seeing the world in a more realistic view, huh? Ok, back to your church you go now, I know reality is only for the big boys.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:15   #50
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
But why? Why don't you tell us what happened that made you that way? I'm serious. I love hearing what happened that caused somebody to get all ****ed up.

your definition of "@#@#ed up" is interesting. My bringing up the true origins of Christmas is messed up?

Again, if you refer to my earlier posts, people living in a fantasy world is what makes me giggle. It doesn't matter if you're a liberal who thinks money grows on trees, or a christian who thinks an epic beard man nailed to the cross was resurrected, and in order to worship him you eat his flesh and drink his blood symbolically through food.

I guess I'm "*%^#ed up" though because I don't agree with you. Good one.
Old 12-04-2012, 18:16   #51
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
your definition of "@#@#ed up" is interesting. My bringing up the true origins of Christmas is messed up?

Again, if you refer to my earlier posts, people living in a fantasy world is what makes me giggle. It doesn't matter if you're a liberal who thinks money grows on trees, or a christian who thinks an epic beard man nailed to the cross was resurrected, and in order to worship him you eat his flesh and drink his blood symbolically through food.

I guess I'm "*%^#ed up" though because I don't agree with you. Good one.
So, you're not going to tell us, then?
Old 12-04-2012, 18:24   #52
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
So, you're not going to tell us, then?

What do you want to hear?

I was born and raised in a family with multiple religions, predominately christian in fact. my mother and some of my siblings are christian. I love them to death, but when they open their mouth, and I call them out on it, they realize they'd rather live in fantasy world instead of actually think.

I accept people of all religions, as long as you are not trying to legislate your morals onto me, or other Americans..... BUT, after all, this is the religious issues section of glocktalk, so I figured I'd open a thread for those who aren't aware christmas is NOT a christian holiday.

Oh, and christians who say "merry christmas" to me, I smile right back and say Merry Christmas. Same goes with any religion that says that.

anything else you'd like to know about my personal life, or would you like to continue getting your ass handed to you by glock36shooter and the others who constantly bring facts to the table, and all you, jb, and a select few other religious zealots can do is ask about our personal lives?
Old 12-04-2012, 18:37   #53
chickenwing

You are all wrong. It's all about the mushrooms.

http://www.amanitashop.com/amanita-arthur/mankind1.htm

http://www.shamanswell.org/shaman/si...-and-mushrooms

Last edited by chickenwing; 12-04-2012 at 18:43..
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:45   #54
ArrowJ

I am not sure why I should care. Christ has been in Christmas as long as it has been referred to as CHRISTmas(s), and millions of people use the day to celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. If millions of other people want to ignore it, or use it to celebrate The Abominable Snow Monster, or just as another opportunity to give gifts to those they care about that is their prerogative. I think it is safe to say that the majority of people that have celebrated it within the last several hundred years are at least aware that it is commonly used for the celebration of Christ's birth regardless.
ArrowJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:56   #55
Brasso

Except that Christ isn't His name. It's a Greek word that mean annointed and was in use long before the Christ you are speaking was born. Most notably for Helios Christos, the sun god, who's birthday is Dec. 25.

And no matter how much Scripture I post to prove this point or show that God doesn't want us to worship Him in the say way that the pagans worship their gods, which is EXACTLY what Christmas is, you still won't care.

Anyone can google the history and origins of Christmas for themselves. The facts are readily available. What isn't so readily available is a "...love for the truth."
Yeshayahu 9:7 Of the increase of His rule and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David and over His reign, to establish it and sustain it with justice and with righteousness from now on, even forever. The ardour of יהוה of hosts does this.
Brasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:28   #56
ArrowJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
Except that Christ isn't His name. It's a Greek word that mean annointed and was in use long before the Christ you are speaking was born. Most notably for Helios Christos, the sun god, who's birthday is Dec. 25.

And no matter how much Scripture I post to prove this point or show that God doesn't want us to worship Him in the say way that the pagans worship their gods, which is EXACTLY what Christmas is, you still won't care.

Anyone can google the history and origins of Christmas for themselves. The facts are readily available. What isn't so readily available is a "...love for the truth."
I have to admit that I have not read this thread. I read the OP and was responding to that.

If you would like to discuss the Scriptures you have in mind I would be glad to do so. It seems a little unfair to assume I do not want to know the truth because I have a Christmas tree in my house. As a follower of Christ am I not a true follower because of this, or would it be considered a sin that is not related to salvation? Will we be using one specific version of the Bible for this discussion? The KJV perhaps?
Old 12-04-2012, 20:32   #57
ArrowJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
What do you think your savior would think about guns. Tools meant to kill.
He (Jesus) said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.—Luke 22:36, NIV

For killing rabbits no doubt.

(This post is not showing correctly in Tapatalk. Let me know if there is nothing in it but this.)

Last edited by ArrowJ; 12-04-2012 at 20:36..
Old 12-04-2012, 20:49   #58
brtarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
Terrence McKenna would approve this message!
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 20:49   #59
brtarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
Terrence McKenna would approve this message!
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:19   #60
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowJ View Post
He (Jesus) said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.—Luke 22:36, NIV
What does that verse mean to you? Do you think Jesus approved of violence? Later when they raise their sword Jesus tells them to stop. Seems he may have been in favor of owning a sword but not using it. Odd guy.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang: