GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50   #1
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,550
Blog Entries: 64
Suspect in Cold Spring officer's shooting death is released without charges

Suspect in Cold Spring officer's shooting death is released without charges

In phone interview, Larson says he didn't kill officer

A link to the first url above was posted in the EOW thread for Officer Decker.

I thought it best for this discussion to move out of there.

SO, if he didn't do it, there is still a cop killer roaming the streets...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 13:38   #2
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,455
Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:33   #3
pesticidal
CLM Number 181
Eh?
 
pesticidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 38,126
Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal


http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/382261/

Suspect in Cold Spring slaying says he's innocent
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — The man arrested in the slaying of a Minnesota police officer says he was sleeping at the time and authorities have the wrong man.

If he is innocent, I hope they find the right guy. If he's guilty, well......
__________________
Never pass up the opportunity to pet your dog, talk to an old friend, or play catch with your kid.
pesticidal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:37   #4
larry_minn
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18,295
It does sound POSSIBLE he had nothing to do with it. Hopefully nobody will decide to "make it easy for family" and do something stupid.
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:12   #5
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,641
Blog Entries: 3
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:54   #6
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,550
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...
That was my initial thought as well.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:29   #7
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 15,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
That was my initial thought as well.
Me too. Innocent guy might say "can't" instead of "don't" have any evidence pointing to me. And finish with "because I didn't do it" at the end. I can see myself saying "can't".

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:34   #8
larry_minn
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18,295
I would agree IF he stated it like that. Has anyone heard the 10 minute interview? Or just words taken from it?
If he said it "like that" yep he sounds good for it. IF they took those words from over the entire interview.....

Last edited by larry_minn; 12-05-2012 at 19:11.. Reason: spelling.
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:41   #9
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 37,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...
I agree. Guilty, just need the evidence.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet - you will never learn to shoot here.
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:44   #10
DustyJacket
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 6,228
Well, as long as he says he is innocent, what's the problem?





[yes, that was sarcasm]
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."
DustyJacket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:06   #11
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,455
I attended the funeral today, I was inspired by the show of folks who attended. I just have a heavy heart tonite as I type this, as it was a very sad and troubling day.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:17   #12
MoCop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...
I thought the same.

Prayers for the Officer's family and that justice is served swiftly.
__________________
Elections have consequences.
MoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:23   #13
blueiron
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 13,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...

Yep. These statements are a blatant and defiant challenge to the investigators.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:36   #14
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 16,641
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
Yep. These statements are a blatant and defiant challenge to the investigators.
Correct and they show the suspect talking about the incident buy removing himself but not saying what he did, rather he says what others do not have..why ? Because he knows where the weapon is and what he did with it..

He also uses the classic I was asleep instead of just saying I did not do it....the sleep is his alibi..innocent men do not need an alibi,if they were not involved thy say it straight up.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38   #15
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
“Basically, they have no evidence whatsoever that points in my direction,” Larson said.
Larson added: “They have no gun, they have no fingerprints, they have nothing.”



take it from a long time investigator if these quotes are correct.
These are not the words of an innocent man...
Exactly.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27   #16
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 18,161


I can only hope the investigation continues to move forward.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 20:49   #17
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Newcop761's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In Existential Crisis
Posts: 4,719


I believe him:
Quote:
They don't have the gun.
YET.

Hopefully they pursue every possible lead..

Cop Talk

Good book by the way.
__________________
Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.--Lucius Annaeus Seneca 'the Younger' (ca. 4 BC-65 AD)
BORDERS.LANGUAGE.CULTURE.
Newcop761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 15:14   #18
larry_minn
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 18,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post
I believe him:
YET.

Hopefully they pursue every possible lead..

[......
The rest of that post didn't load on my dial up.
I heard on radio they are raiding homes in twin cities for possible shooters of Officer Decker?

So they had enough evidence to get a judge to issue search warrenets. (radio made it sound like "NO Knock" ones??

So maybe the guy in Cold Spring didn't do it? (I still wonder if quotes from interview were staged) As media reported he sounded guilty as sin..
Those of you who have been quoted by media... What is said, what is reported... Makes a guy wonder sometimes.
Hopefully they will find evidence, make arrests, convictions soon.
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 17:00   #19
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Sure sounds like Bart Simpson,

"I didn't do it

nobody saw me

you can't prove a thing."
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 23:26   #20
Fallout
County Mountie
 
Fallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tejas
Posts: 289
In his phone interview he states he went to bed about 8:17..... Unless something significant occurred to make that particular time stand out He is full of it right there. Media is reporting that CSPD were responding to a welfare check on the suspect. No answer during first attempted contact. An hour and change later they go back. Shortly after Decker is found in parking lot.

Suspect also down plays his text messages to his family saying that they misinterperated them. That his life has taken a new direction was what he sent.

Lets see...

34 years old, work at a bar you live over.....
Are currently back in school because you are trying to make something of your life.....
You are sending alarming text messages to your family causing them to be alarmed enough to request the police go check on you....
You remember the exact moment you fell asleep down to the odd minute.
Dont answer the first time they come knocking.
And the second time they show up an officer is ambushed and killed in the parking lot.
After you are arrested you call a media station to profess your innocence while taunting the police in your statements. But you dont have a lawyer because you say you cant afford one.

If it walks like a duck... Quacks like a duck............

Last edited by Fallout; 12-09-2012 at 23:30..
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:06.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,206
359 Members
847 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31