Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 22:57   #1
.45 Combat

Cz 75B vrs Hk P30LS shoot out.

First off, I shoot both well, both are 9mm. I think the all steel design may help with the CZ 75B.

The Cz -75B, at 7yds shot point of aim.

The Hk-P30LS, at 7yds shot less than point of aim.

At 15yds, my Cz-75B shot higher, but still had tighter groups. My Hk not so tight.

I was thinking of trading my Cz-75B, for a Barretta M9, but, I've changed my mind. I still want an M-9 though. It started my interest in owning handguns.

Anyone else with similar experiences, with Cz-75B vrs. more expensive handguns?
.45 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:40   #2
TexasVine

I typically can shoot better with my CZ than I can my more expensive handguns. CZ's are just plain easy to shoot and feel great in the hand. I will always keep mine!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17   #3
bac1023

The CZ 75 can shoot with some very expensive handguns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:35   #4
Boats
Not Assimilated

I think it is more the case that there are a lot of overrated handguns on the market that still command some sort of premium, but only because of brand bias and defensiveness over spending more for objectively mediocre results.

My old Sig P226 leaps to mind as such a pistol. No one who ever shot it could claim the thing grouped well for them. There were probably better shooting examples out there, but you'd think for that much scratch they'd be consistently excellent.
Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:31   #5
.45 Combat

That's a great point you've made. Ego, I've this well established brand of pistol, but, I'm going to allow HK, to install the LEM system. The Hk, fits better in my hand. But, steel wins out. Okay, I'll buy the M9, later, but not as a trade.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26   #6
Cambo

My CZs shoot better than most handguns I have fired. They are awesome guns at an awesome price point.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:46   #7
.45 Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
I think it is more the case that there are a lot of overrated handguns on the market that still command some sort of premium, but only because of brand bias and defensiveness over spending more for objectively mediocre results.

My old Sig P226 leaps to mind as such a pistol. No one who ever shot it could claim the thing grouped well for them. There were probably better shooting examples out there, but you'd think for that much scratch they'd be consistently excellent.
I think your right, although I enjoy my Cz-75, and I was wanting to trade for an M-9. I will get one, I won't trade my Cz-75. The Hk, I'll try the LEM module. Hk fits my hand overall. Wood and steel, wins out.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:52   #8
motorcyclist

I actually shoot my Beretta 92's better than my CZ75B. Both group very tight, but I think the beretta's favor my reloads.
motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02   #9
SigFTW

I have the CZ 75 P-01 and 40B, both are very accurate and just as accurate as my Sigs.

Last edited by SigFTW; 12-07-2012 at 11:04..
SigFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:00   #10
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post

Indeed. I had the sought after Sig 228 but let someone talk me out of it because all of my CZs outshot it, as did my two Sigpros. I got enough out of it to pay for both Sigpros however.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 14:51   #11
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I've owned a CZ 75B and currently own the HK P30L. I loved the way the 75B felt in the hand- but I could not get the damn thing to feed reliably. Always jamming no matter the ammo and no matter the mag. When it did run it was a laser. The issue I have with my HK is I have got to get used to the DA/SA hammer fired system. I am a striker fired shooter and its taking me a while to warm up to it. I'm kicking around a Sig with SRT but justifying the $$ is tough. Thought about getting another CZ (Shadow or Phantom) but the Beretta is something I hadn't even considered until I see y'all talking about it. Damn Internet, now I'll have the Beretta on the brain all weekend.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by hoghunter82; 12-07-2012 at 14:54..
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 15:45   #12
Kimura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I've owned a CZ 75B and currently own the HK P30L. I loved the way the 75B felt in the hand- but I could not get the damn thing to feed reliably. Always jamming no matter the ammo and no matter the mag. When it did run it was a laser. The issue I have with my HK is I have got to get used to the DA/SA hammer fired system. I am a striker fired shooter and its taking me a while to warm up to it. I'm kicking around a Sig with SRT but justifying the $$ is tough. Thought about getting another CZ (Shadow or Phantom) but the Beretta is something I hadn't even considered until I see y'all talking about it. Damn Internet, now I'll have the Beretta on the brain all weekend.

Beretta 92, Sig P226 and HK P30 are all nice guns. Honestly though, if I owned the P30, I would stay with it and either get use to the DA/SA or switch to light LEM. Sig and Beretta are also hammer fired, DA/SA guns and what you're experiencing is changing from striker fired to DA/SA. If you're switching back and forth between the two, start shooting just the P30 and you'll get it.

I've only shot one CZ75B and that was a couple of weeks ago. Nice gun, very accurate and even though I hear they have terrible triggers, this one had a smooth, light DA and SA. It really was a joy to shoot. Don't know about reliability and durability as I obviously have limited experience with CZs and have heard conflicting reports on the subject.
Kimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 16:50   #13
ponchsox

My CZ 75B is the best purchase I've made to date. Perhaps the only better purchase was getting the Kadet .22 kit for it. With a trigger job from CZ Customs and competition sights, it's one sweet pistola!
ponchsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 23:55   #14
.45 Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post

Well, you and me both. Now, let me suggest, Hk has a LEM feature instead of having DA/SA. You can have a gunsmith do the install, I want to do the same with my Hk P-30LS.
Old 12-08-2012, 16:07   #15
Durden

Rough trigger?

Seriously?

The out of the box trigger on my CZ75 was as smooth as butter from the moment it was retrieved from the bag of cosmoline it came in.

Less than *very* accurate? The slide on the CZ75 rides within, not along, the frame, and the barrel is as good as you're going to get on a stock, non-competition rig (I'll admit that the stock sights lack contrast, and upgrading them to big dots is a worthy investment).

Picky eater? I can't get mine to malfunction, nor can anyone that I know who has one (or more).

Did they start making these in someplace other than the Czech Republic or something?
Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 16:27   #16
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
Rough trigger?

Seriously?

The out of the box trigger on my CZ75 was as smooth as butter from the moment it was retrieved from the bag of cosmoline it came in.

Less than *very* accurate? The slide on the CZ75 rides within, not along, the frame, and the barrel is as good as you're going to get on a stock, non-competition rig (I'll admit that the stock sights lack contrast, and upgrading them to big dots is a worthy investment).

Picky eater? I can't get mine to malfunction, nor can anyone that I know who has one (or more).

Did they start making these in someplace other than the Czech Republic or something?
CZ's are sweet pieces.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 16:58   #17
motorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
Rough trigger?

Seriously?
Bought a brand new stainless 75B earlier this year and out of the box had a trigger "gritty" doesn't quite discribe. A 13lb hammer spring, 2 days of dry firing and now 500+ fired rounds has smoothed it out but nowhere near my Beretta's. I need to do some polishing (been saying that for months).
motorcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 17:39   #18
GlockinNJ

I have about 2500 rounds through my CZ 75B and I've experienced a few failures to return to battery. It's just a fraction of an inch out of battery, but still a malfunction. All of these were with the same ammo, so I suppose I can blame the ammo.

Other than that, no complaints at all. It's a sweet shooter right out of the box.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:10   #19
Nestor
Lean & Mean

CZ75 is my favorite 9mm pistol.
Most accurate too (at least in my hands).

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 00:02   #20
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Vincent View Post
CZ's are sweet pieces.
I've got several CZs and certainly agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote