SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:16   #1
Rick305
ra1sales.com

RMR my 23

Hey guys , just got a 23 the other day (gen3 brand new -- $479 !!) and I want to put an rmr on it ... I have questions ..

- There are many rmrs avaible (as far as I can see) , I don't need a fancy one just a basic .. Which one would be the best buy and anyone know who has the best price?

- Is the mount do-able ? I don't want to mill the slide if I don't have to ... I'm not worried about the rear sight/cwitness

Help would be appreciated !!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53   #2
PAGunner

There are mounts available, MRDS are the future IMO, but with the current costs, not worth it. If you really want to throw an RMR on a handgun I'd recommend waiting for the M&P COREs to hit shelves within the next 6-8 weeks. Street price should be 600-620.
Old 11-22-2012, 16:56   #3
Pier23

RMR?

Don't know the term...???
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:38   #4
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post
RMR?

Don't know the term...???
This is a RMR http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...ct1.php?id=RMR

RMR on a Glock in action SJ 40

SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 17:39   #5
bac1023

Congrats on the G23.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 19:37   #6
33rdglock17
Boosh

I just sent my 20sf to Mark Housel to get an RMR installed. Basically you have 2 choices: battery powered or dual illuminated (tritium and fiber optics). I chose the dual illuminated even though it can be a bit difficult in certain very bright/low contrast scenarios but I liked how it never needs batteries replaced. I also hear the way to run a battery version is to turn it on and leave it on at all times and just replace the battery every 6 months. Only thing everybody stresses though is to get it milled into the slide and use suppressor height sights. If you are worried about the chunk milled out of your slide, Mark Housel also makes a bolt in filler panel that replaces the negative area if the optic is ever removed.

Last edited by 33rdglock17; 11-22-2012 at 19:39..
33rdglock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 20:03   #7
denn1911

Mark Housel did two RMR milled installs for me, and I'm happy with them. Get one, you won't regret it. SJ 40, thanks for sharing your video and nice job at the match.
denn1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 20:16   #8
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 21 Gen 4 that were both RMR'ed by Mark Housel. Turnaround time was 5 days for the G19 and 6 days for the G21.

Stay away from the manually adjustable RMR's, as Trijicon hasn't got the bugs worked out quite yet. There are NUMEROUS reports of the Adjustable LED RMR's failing repeatedly, and these reports come from RELIABLE sources, such as Hilton Yam.

If you hellbent on getting an LED RMR, go with the RM02, which is the auto adjust only LED version, which has an 8 MOA dot.

If you wanna go Dual-Illuminated, go with the RM05, which has a 9 MOA dot.

Since you mentioned getting noting of the super-fancy sort, I highly recommend the Dual-Illuminated RMRs, as there are no batteries to change, and less parts to fail. They're $369 at the link I listed below.

As for reliability of the Dual-Illum RMR's, I have had zero issues with my three RM05's. I've read exactly ONE report of a Dual-Illuminated RMR failing, and it was because the guy put it on a rail right above the gas tube on an AK47 and went into super-duper rapid fire mode, which melted the lens on the RMR.

You can buy RMR's directly from Mark Housel for an excellent price, but you can get them cheaper here- (which is where I got my first RMR, they're good to go)

http://www.gunaccessories.us/SearchR...x=0&Search.y=0

People will tell you the Dual-Illuminated RMR's have "washout" issues.

They DO exist, however, they're overblown, and most people who speak of this are spouting regurgitated bull**** they've read on the internet.

You can actually get a Dual-Illuminated RM05 with a green reticle, which totally eliminates the washout issues in my experience with the green RM05. If you're interested in the green Dual-Illum RMR, you can get it here-

http://www.gunaccessories.us/Trijico..._p/trrm05g.htm

The only time my Dual-Illuminated RMR washes out is when the TLR-1 is on, AND I'm aiming at a white wall at the same time........

This is how bright the Dual-Illuminated RMR is with a single overhead bulb on in my bedroom......keep in mind, this is the 9 MOA Dual-Illuminated RMR (the RM05).

The dot looks MUCH bigger in the photo, but rest assured, the dot is actually a little thinner than the front tritium suppressor sight.
Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by Airborne Infantryman; 11-22-2012 at 20:22..
Airborne Infantryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 21:28   #9
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn1911 View Post
Mark Housel did two RMR milled installs for me, and I'm happy with them. Get one, you won't regret it. SJ 40, thanks for sharing your video and nice job at the match.
denn 1911
Just a great match clip I came across and the shooter who is not me was using a RMR.

It sure looks as though he was having a Blast,especially on the zip line.
It's a match I wished I could have shot,what a Blast ! SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 11-22-2012 at 21:31.. Reason: ETA
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17   #10
harleypower69

Thank-you

[QUOTE=Airborne Infantryman;19659483]I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 21 Gen 4 that were both RMR'ed by Mark Housel. Turnaround time was 5 days for the G19 and 6 days for the G21.

Stay away from the manually adjustable RMR's, as Trijicon hasn't got the bugs worked out quite yet. There are NUMEROUS reports of the Adjustable LED RMR's failing repeatedly, and these reports come from RELIABLE sources, such as Hilton Yam.

If you hellbent on getting an LED RMR, go with the RM02, which is the auto adjust only LED version, which has an 8 MOA dot.

If you wanna go Dual-Illuminated, go with the RM05, which has a 9 MOA dot.

Since you mentioned getting noting of the super-fancy sort, I highly recommend the Dual-Illuminated RMRs, as there are no batteries to change, and less parts to fail. They're $369 at the link I listed below.

As for reliability of the Dual-Illum RMR's, I have had zero issues with my three RM05's. I've read exactly ONE report of a Dual-Illuminated RMR failing, and it was because the guy put it on a rail right above the gas tube on an AK47 and went into super-duper rapid fire mode, which melted the lens on the RMR.

You can buy RMR's directly from Mark Housel for an excellent price, but you can get them cheaper here- (which is where I got my first RMR, they're good to go)

http://www.gunaccessories.us/SearchR...x=0&Search.y=0

People will tell you the Dual-Illuminated RMR's have "washout" issues.

They DO exist, however, they're overblown, and most people who speak of this are spouting regurgitated bull**** they've read on the internet.

You can actually get a Dual-Illuminated RM05 with a green reticle, which totally eliminates the washout issues in my experience with the green RM05. If you're interested in the green Dual-Illum RMR, you can get it here-

http://www.gunaccessories.us/Trijico..._p/trrm05g.htm

The only time my Dual-Illuminated RMR washes out is when the TLR-1 is on, AND I'm aiming at a white wall at the same time........

This is how bright the Dual-Illuminated RMR is with a single overhead bulb on in my bedroom......keep in mind, this is the 9 MOA Dual-Illuminated RMR (the RM05).

The dot looks MUCH bigger in the photo, but rest assured, the dot is actually a little thinner than the front tritium suppressor

Thank-you for the tip on that vendor, you saved me a cool $183 bucks. Much appreciated.
harleypower69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 16:06   #11
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypower69 View Post
Thank-you for the tip on that vendor, you saved me a cool $183 bucks. Much appreciated.
No problem. I'm glad to help.
Old 11-28-2012, 19:14   #12
Rick305
ra1sales.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
No problem. I'm glad to help.
Thanks man !!
Old 11-28-2012, 21:07   #13
onebigelf

I have a dual illuminated on a glock 19. I started out with the dovetail mount and then replaced the slide with a milled mount.

Thoughts.
First, this is without a doubt the single best accessory I've ever owned for a handgun, not counting ammunition. It's amazing how fast and accurate you can shoot once you get used to it.
Second, the only real disadvantage that I see with the dual illuminated RMR is that you are essentially renting it. Tritium has a 12 year half-life. Assume 10 years of usable life, then it's trash. On the other hand, do you really think the battery models will be running in 10 years? Even if, what you are really doing is paying about $35/year in rent.
Third, I'm glad I tried the RMR with the dovetail mount first. However, if you like the sight, the milled mount is the ONLY way to go. The dovetail mount sits higher and there is no way to mount a rear suppressor site. With the Supressor front I could still get on target by picking up the front sight in the window, but it's not as fast. My sights co-witness with the RMR. Try the dovetail mount if you like, then get your slide milled or buy a spare milled slide. If, by some miracle you decide you don't like the RMR on the pistol you can always get a picatinny mount for it and use it as a CQB sight on a scoped rifle or put it on a 22 target pistol, etc and not mill the slide.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:24   #14
Rick305
ra1sales.com

Damn those lives went up significantly I was just about to order one :(
Old 12-03-2012, 19:02   #15
utlonghorns416

I have read a few threads about guys not waiting to mill gen4s. Will Mark Housel mill a gen4 22 ? As soon as I sell my racing tmaxx RC, Im picking up a RMR for it.
utlonghorns416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:34   #16
Airborne Infantryman
'Murica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by utlonghorns416 View Post
I have read a few threads about guys not waiting to mill gen4s. Will Mark Housel mill a gen4 22 ? As soon as I sell my racing tmaxx RC, Im picking up a RMR for it.
Mark Housel will mill anything you want, as long as it can be physically done. No issues with him milling Gen 4 guns. My G21 Gen 4 was done by him.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:29   #17
Mark Housel

Quote:
Originally Posted by utlonghorns416 View Post
There is no difference between any generation Glock slide WRT RMR installation.

We have RMR's in stock at good prices when you are ready.

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."
Mark Housel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:47   #18
G21H30

+++111 for Mark Housel. Here's the G-22 he did for me.RMR07.
NRA Handgun & Home Safety Instructor
G21H30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 19:22   #19
MfWiC
MfWiC

Send a message via Yahoo to MfWiC
Here is my Glock 22 Gen. 3 with a RMR RM06 Adjustable that Mark did for me back in the summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	229550

I'm new here. But how do you get the picture bigger?
Thanks

Last edited by MfWiC; 12-09-2012 at 19:24..
MfWiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 19:31   #20
PhilD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Infantryman View Post
X2 I use a RM05 (amber dot) on an open gun and it is actually hard to get the dot to washout. If you are inside and aiming at a white or pale target outside in bright sun it does wash out a little, but not totally. However, 99.9% of the time it is fine.

The 9 MOA dot seems very large to me, but I do like it and find it very fast to use.

Here's a comparison of the RMR 9 MOA amber dot (left) and a FastFire III 8 MOA red dot (right)

PhilD is offline   Reply With Quote