brass in the face temporarily

i was being redundant

Last edited by Stock Perfection; 01-20-2013 at 15:51.. Reason: redundant
Stock Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 21:54   #52
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Yes. My Glock 26 Gen 4 gave me BTF from round one out of the box. Gotta figure the tester took two to the face too but shipped the gun anyway.

First thing I did was install a steel recoil spring guide. No clue why that worked but it did reroute 100% of the brass from hitting me in the face to raining down on my head/hat.
The steel (heavier) recoil spring guide changed the slide velocity, therefore the ejection pattern.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:13   #53
wrecks24

LOL, if you go through and read all the posts in this thread. Almost every single Glock mentioned has either a replaced part or the owner is contemplating on new parts. What happened to buying a new gun and shooting it? Oh, because NEW glocks dont come ready to shoot out of the box.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39   #54
Ryobi
SummertimeRules

Still no problems out of any we've encountered. Maybe this epidemic of problems hasn't made it to the southeast. I'll keep reading boards so ill be ready when it hits.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:14   #55
Macbooklover91

Move your head.

Haha. On a serious note I own a Gen4 19 and I haven't had a huge issue with it yet. Only happened a few times to me. I usually end up blaming the ammo like every other Glock owner.

"Failure to fire?... It's probably the ammo"
"Brass to the face?... What ammo are you using?"
"Smokestack?... Yeah I would say its the ammo"

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

New Owner of a Glock 19 :supergrin:
Glock 19 - Gen 4
Macbooklover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 18:47   #56
Stock Perfection

wrecks24- Hello! As far as tupperware being ready to go, I can only speak to my own experience, and it has been excellent. I bought a 2nd Gen G-19 with 10,000 rounds through it for every day carry. Factory stock, not even the so called 6-part update, with mags to match. I modified the mags to drop free and put on +2 extenders, and for some unknown reason discarded the insterts. I fired another 20,000 rounds of any 9mm ammo I could put my hands on. Fire- clean/inspect- load- repeat. It was still factory stock when I sold it- maybe with a slightly smoother action! A few misfires (ammo?), half a dozen stove pipes, and at around 20k rounds I got brass in the face for a few hundred rounds. I find those percentages acceptable. That's why I chose my member name.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:25   #57
brisk21

Ive had my Gen4 22 for 1.5 years and never had that problem. Brass flies back and to the right just as it should.
brisk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29   #58
crash22
Lost up north

Just another little update. We went to the range yesterday and she put 250 rounds thru without a single malfunction. I can appreciate the thoughts of "better training"but if your mind is so closed you can't see that it's a "Glock thing" not a shooter thing, you obviously don't listen to other people when they talk. The same woman with the same gun AFTER changing parts gets no btf problems. So that would tell anyone with an IQ over 90 it was the gun not the girl. (Btw, she is 5'8" works out 5 days a week and can bench press 190lbs...) If this was the ONLY gen 4 having problems it may be a person problem but I have seen at least one other besides this one...
Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 11:21   #59
Stock Perfection

crash22- Congratulations on working out the problem! Too bad you even had to deal with this. You don't have to swap/modify parts on a new chainsaw to feel confident you'll be cutting down a tree. You could, but you should'nt have to. They've gone from "That's right, it's plastic" to "That's right, it's good to go" to "That's right, mail it back to us". The next time Gastons' over for tea, I intend to bring this up.

Last edited by Stock Perfection; 01-20-2013 at 18:48.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2013, 11:59   #60
glockguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash22 View Post
Just another little update. We went to the range yesterday and she put 250 rounds thru without a single malfunction. I can appreciate the thoughts of "better training"but if your mind is so closed you can't see that it's a "Glock thing" not a shooter thing, you obviously don't listen to other people when they talk. The same woman with the same gun AFTER changing parts gets no btf problems. So that would tell anyone with an IQ over 90 it was the gun not the girl. (Btw, she is 5'8" works out 5 days a week and can bench press 190lbs...) If this was the ONLY gen 4 having problems it may be a person problem but I have seen at least one other besides this one...
Thanks
Congrats and glad it's working. Thanks for keeping everyone updated. It's threads like this that help people out.
glockguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:31   #61
checkyoursix

I have a Gen4 G17 and a G34 have shot both in several IDPA matches and have yet to encounter a problem. I find them the best Glocks yet (am left handed so for me the mag release is huge) overall.

Must have been lucky this time.

Bertrand Russell
checkyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 15:12   #62
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
The Glock Hater is still here to badmouth Glocks.
Why is he still in GLOCKtalk?
Old 01-20-2013, 15:23   #63
OneAverageWhiteGuy

I've had my Gen4 G19 for a couple weeks now. Put 400 rounds through it, all reloads. I've caught BTF about 5 times. Maybe it was the ammo, maybe it was the gun, maybe it was me, I don't know. No FTF and no FTE, and honestly that's more important to me than a few cases bouncing off my forehead. Time will tell if it gets worse, but I'm not too worried at the moment.
OneAverageWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:45   #64
franco4027

My gen4 g27 did this and I removed the extractor and polished the sides with a very fine file. The metal was very rough compared to my G30sf. Once I did that it ejects perfectly every time and brass falls almost exact same spot. Dont take much off just smooth it up a bit to take off the high spots. I used a diamond knife sharpening stone.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
franco4027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:12   #65
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecks24 View Post
LOL, if you go through and read all the posts in this thread. Almost every single Glock mentioned has either a replaced part or the owner is contemplating on new parts.
The Glock owners that have functional guns, don't need to fix theirs. Why should they want help?
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 18:20   #66
OldLincoln

Was at the indoor range the other day and saw a lot of lady shooters, mostly doubled up like reenforcing recent instruction. One such was wearing a scoop neck top and shooting a Glock. I had to stop and watch a minute with a smile of anticipation. Wasn't but a few shots later and that sucker popped in there better than I could have dropped it. She yelped and bent over digging it out. I laughed and remarked "that's gotta hurt.", (at my age I can get away with that). They both laughed and the other one said that's why she's wearing a closed top. I laughed and said that's a common thing you learn to live with.

As far as the shooter vs the gun? Sorry folks, it's the gun. Some do it and some don't. Just because yours doesn't don't mean you are the worlds best shooter, just means you got a better ejector than the next fella. But please don't get your feelings hurt over it, just be glad yours works.

Last edited by OldLincoln; 01-20-2013 at 18:21..
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brass, extractor, generation 4