Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
HER!

Don't upset HER I know how SHE gets
You betcha, big boy!
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 20:50   #22
G21H30

I had one certificate entered into the system 10/2/12 for a Gen 4 G-20 and one certificate entered 11/14/12 for a Gen 4 G-35. Glock is quoting 150-180 days for shipping, I was informed in the same e mail that the Gen 4 G-20 will not be shipping for commercial orders until the end of January at the earliest. This information was as of 12-06-12 six days ago.
NRA Handgun & Home Safety Instructor
G21H30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:48   #23
Glockrunner
HOOYA DEEPSEA

Send a message via Yahoo to Glockrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannicalbob View Post
Are there any "rules of thumb" for how long after Glock cashes my upgrade check until I see my prize gun? My ffl assured me they sent in the paperwork for a gen4 g35 on 10/19/12, and last week my check was cashed. Does this mean my gun is coming shortly, or does it mean my ffl just sent in the paperwork?

I know if varies, and I know I need to be patient, but hearing other peoples' experiences helps pass the time.
For brevity sake:
It means your FFL didn't lie to you and sent in the paperwork.
It means your check was cashed.
Old 12-13-2012, 20:43   #24
G21H30

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21H30 View Post
I had one certificate entered into the system 10/2/12 for a Gen 4 G-20 and one certificate entered 11/14/12 for a Gen 4 G-35. Glock is quoting 150-180 days for shipping, I was informed in the same e mail that the Gen 4 G-20 will not be shipping for commercial orders until the end of January at the earliest. This information was as of 12-06-12 six days ago.
Well guess what showed up today. My GEN 4 G-35. I put 125 rounds of my handloads down range today.I think it's a "keeper".All rounds fired at 20 yards. The head shots were slow fired and the bottom 20 rounds were rapid fire for 15 rounds,drop the magazine reload an then 5 more rounds.I might have to put an RMR on it and use it in Unlimited.
GSSF
NRA Handgun & Home Safety Instructor
G21H30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05   #25
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by malladus View Post
When my Father in Law cashed in his first random one, the gun shop he used had him fill everything and provide an envelope (stamped and addressed). They then took it all, made him pay the transfer FFL fee upfront and made it in. Took them a week before "the guy who takes care of those things" took care of it, and once the pistol came he hand to wait two weeks to pick it up because the "guy who takes care of those things" to actual be in during advertised hours so he could pick it up.

I got a friend though now who has an FFL and he just gives me copies whenever I ask on the condition I let him know when I use it. Only charge is he gets to fire a mag or two at some point. malladus
In SA, TX?

ETA- OP, delivery times on my guns have varied and as mentioned earlier, it was a factor of what type/generation I ordered. My 21sf was slow, my 32 was fast. I think it was because the 32 wasn't a big mover.

Last edited by BamaTrooper; 12-14-2012 at 07:10..
BamaTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 13:28   #26
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccannicalbob View Post
Are there any "rules of thumb" for how long after Glock cashes my upgrade check until I see my prize gun? My ffl assured me they sent in the paperwork for a gen4 g35 on 10/19/12, and last week my check was cashed. Does this mean my gun is coming shortly, or does it mean my ffl just sent in the paperwork?

I know if varies, and I know I need to be patient, but hearing other peoples' experiences helps pass the time.
I would guesstimate at least two weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 13:55   #27
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
...delivery times on my guns have varied and as mentioned earlier, it was a factor of what type/generation I ordered...
Yes, I certainly didn't have high hopes for a quick delivery of a Gen4 G20 - and I haven't been disappointed.
Old 12-14-2012, 14:36   #28
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Yes, I certainly didn't have high hopes for a quick delivery of a Gen4 G20 - and I haven't been disappointed.
Does it matter how soon it gets there when it is stay unshot and locked up like some sort of plastic William George Heirens, never to see the light of day?
Old 12-14-2012, 15:13   #29
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Does it matter how soon it gets there when it is stay unshot and locked up like some sort of plastic William George Heirens, never to see the light of day?
Leave it to Bamatrooper to find some sort of an analogy between my safe queens and a serial killer.

Hey - the only gun I own that has remained unshot is an OD G29. I may save that for my heirs or perhaps Joel Hodges, the FL Glock rep (and Armorer at many of our SE GSSF matches) who has had his eye on that for a couple of years.