GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:12   #1
Gunnut 45/454

Remember those UAW workers caught drinking an druggin up on the job?

Remember back when the Bailout of the Automaker was in the news and we had alot of video of these Union workers drinking and smoke dope on video. Though they got fired and were gone for good. Well guess what they are all back on the job building cars again with back pay! Yep the good old unions forced the auto makers to take them back! Great example of why the unions are bad for buisness. You can't even fire drunks and druggies. So much for safety on the job! Thank God Michigan is going right to work!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 12-10-2012 at 10:13..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19   #2
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

IIRC, they were Chrysler employees.

That explains SO much.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30   #3
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post

That explains SO much.
Yep, explains the flickering LED brake light.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1456749
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56   #4
JFrame

Kind'a makes you realize why the unions in Michigan are so stridently opposed to "right to work" laws -- I mean, who wants laws that could potentially impact a person's right to drink and get stoned at lunchtime?

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 17:52   #5
Snowman92D

Uh...uh...getting drunk and stoned at lunchtime makes employees more creative. Most do their best work when they got a buzz on, or at least they believe so, so it's not really 'fair' to fire them.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 18:11   #6
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Uh...uh...getting drunk and stoned at lunchtime makes employees more creative. Most do their best work when they got a buzz on, or at least they believe so, so it's not really 'fair' to fire them.

"Dude -- you mean that was a CAR I was assembling...? Wow -- totally awesome, dude!"

Political IssuesPolitical Issues

--
Old 12-10-2012, 19:21   #7
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post

That explains SO much.
Finally, it all makes sense now.

I wonder if they vacuum the Funyuns crumbs out before it ships or if it's left up to the dealer.
Old 12-10-2012, 19:34   #8
m51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Kind'a makes you realize why the unions in Michigan are so stridently opposed to "right to work" laws -- I mean, who wants laws that could potentially impact a person's right to drink and get stoned at lunchtime?

Yeah all those unions are terrible, isn't it great that workers in "right to work states" make $5500 less per year than their union state counterparts. Hmm, more for the executives and less for the workers. Hooray for the workers in the right to work states!
Old 12-10-2012, 20:06   #9
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Yeah all those unions are terrible, isn't it great that workers in "right to work states" make $5500 less per year than their union state counterparts. Hmm, more for the executives and less for the workers. Hooray for the workers in the right to work states!
It's obvious that right-to-work states employees are underpaid, and that union employees aren't overpaid, isn't it?

--
Old 12-10-2012, 20:20   #10
m51

Quote:
It's obvious that right-to-work states employees are underpaid, and that union employees aren't overpaid, isn't it?

No not overpaid, union workers wages have kept up with inflation. Non union workers have been underpaid because their management knows they can treat them as they wish, no watch dog. It's plain and simple economics, non union workers get the shaft while their management or business owners get the lions share.
Old 12-10-2012, 20:22   #11
JFrame

Quote:
It's plain and simple economics
Because you say so?

--
Old 12-10-2012, 20:36   #12
Snowman92D

Quote:
Because you say so?

Well...you have to admit that Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Che Guevara agree with him.

Oh...the fat-cat union bosses do, too. In right-to-work states it's hard to shake all the workers down for cash to live the sweet life and have extra to give to friendly politicians. How else can the Democratic Party survive without extortion...?
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:43   #13
JFrame

Quote:
Well...you have to admit that Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Che Guevara agree with him.
I thought I had heard those words before... Political Issues

Quote:
Oh...the fat-cat union bosses do, too. In right-to-work states it's hard to shake all the workers down for cash to live the sweet life and have extra to give to friendly politicians. How else can the Democratic Party survive without extortion...?
My b-in-law was a union steward for an industry that had a massive economic shake-out a couple of decades ago. Most of his grief came from the union members, whose lifestyles of beach houses and extra sports cars didn't mesh with economic reality. It left him with a bad taste for unions.

--
Old 12-10-2012, 20:52   #14
m51

Quote:

Some day try no faux news, your head will start to clear and you will see the real world. Union dues are very cheap for what results are earned. Keep feeding yourself with that BS, you will never see the real facts.
Old 12-10-2012, 21:57   #15
countrygun

Quote:
I want to buy products made in right-to-work states. They cost less. If I were running a business that used parts or materials from off-site, I would definitely buy from right-to-work States so I could offer my product at a better price.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:12   #16
TK-421

Does not surprise me in the least. Now if only we can figure out how to get the rest of the country to wise up to just how "useful" unions really are. Seems like unions are are really good at making it hard to fire useless workers, and lining the pockets of union bigwigs.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:13   #17
Gunnut 45/454

m51
Well I was going to start a new thread on the latest union move but I'll stick here instead! Now reported the Teacher unions in Detroit Metro are going to shut down all inner city schools so they can go protest at the capital! I sure hope it's all unpaid protest time cause they are sure ****ing over all the students and parents !! Well actually it might be a good thing as most of the teacher don't actually teach anything anyway! As we see by the average Grad rate of below 50%!!! Now there's a bunch of useless union workers!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 12-10-2012 at 22:14..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:30   #18
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

I love to buy American, but only if I can be assured it was built by non-union workers in a right to work state.

And I'll never buy another GM or Chrysler product.
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:42   #19
countrygun

Quote:
No not overpaid, union workers wages have kept up with inflation. Non union workers have been underpaid because their management knows they can treat them as they wish, no watch dog. It's plain and simple economics, non union workers get the shaft while their management or business owners get the lions share.
And those poor non-union workers don't have anyone to stand up and force the employers to continue to employ them after they have been caught drinking and smoking dope on their breaks.

You would think that the owners of companies in this Country actually think they own the company, the nerve of them.

I tell you, it is Hell out there without a union to protect your right to get loaded at work
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:48   #20
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
m51
Well I was going to start a new thread on the latest union move but I'll stick here instead! Now reported the Teacher unions in Detroit Metro are going to shut down all inner city schools so they can go protest at the capital! I sure hope it's all unpaid protest time cause they are sure ****ing over all the students and parents !! Well actually it might be a good thing as most of the teacher don't actually teach anything anyway! As we see by the average Grad rate of below 50%!!! Now there's a bunch of useless union workers!
I'm not entirely sure the teachers are entirely to blame. I think it's also partly the kids who are to blame too. Too often do I see kids busy dicking around on an electronic device of sort or another, instead of actually paying attention. No matter how awesome the teacher is, if the kid doesn't want to be taught, he's not going to be taught. While I do agree that teachers definitely seem to be lacking, they're not solely to blame.

But I do think that if we paid teachers what we thought our kids education was worth, more people might actually want to be teachers.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote