GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12   #1
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,050
Remember those UAW workers caught drinking an druggin up on the job?

Remember back when the Bailout of the Automaker was in the news and we had alot of video of these Union workers drinking and smoke dope on video. Though they got fired and were gone for good. Well guess what they are all back on the job building cars again with back pay! Yep the good old unions forced the auto makers to take them back! Great example of why the unions are bad for buisness. You can't even fire drunks and druggies. So much for safety on the job! Thank God Michigan is going right to work!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 12-10-2012 at 10:13..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:19   #2
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER
 
sheriff733's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,273
IIRC, they were Chrysler employees.

That explains SO much.
__________________
Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30   #3
CitizenOfDreams
Senior Member
 
CitizenOfDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 8,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
IIRC, they were Chrysler employees.

That explains SO much.
Yep, explains the flickering LED brake light.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1456749
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56   #4
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 33,202
Kind'a makes you realize why the unions in Michigan are so stridently opposed to "right to work" laws -- I mean, who wants laws that could potentially impact a person's right to drink and get stoned at lunchtime?


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 17:52   #5
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,688
Uh...uh...getting drunk and stoned at lunchtime makes employees more creative. Most do their best work when they got a buzz on, or at least they believe so, so it's not really 'fair' to fire them.
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 18:11   #6
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 33,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Uh...uh...getting drunk and stoned at lunchtime makes employees more creative. Most do their best work when they got a buzz on, or at least they believe so, so it's not really 'fair' to fire them.

"Dude -- you mean that was a CAR I was assembling...? Wow -- totally awesome, dude!"

Political IssuesPolitical Issues


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 19:21   #7
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Chuck TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 6,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
IIRC, they were Chrysler employees.

That explains SO much.
Finally, it all makes sense now.

I wonder if they vacuum the Funyuns crumbs out before it ships or if it's left up to the dealer.
__________________
"Come and Take it!" - Texans, October 2, 1835
Chuck TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 19:34   #8
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Kind'a makes you realize why the unions in Michigan are so stridently opposed to "right to work" laws -- I mean, who wants laws that could potentially impact a person's right to drink and get stoned at lunchtime?


.
Yeah all those unions are terrible, isn't it great that workers in "right to work states" make $5500 less per year than their union state counterparts. Hmm, more for the executives and less for the workers. Hooray for the workers in the right to work states!
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:06   #9
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 33,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Yeah all those unions are terrible, isn't it great that workers in "right to work states" make $5500 less per year than their union state counterparts. Hmm, more for the executives and less for the workers. Hooray for the workers in the right to work states!
It's obvious that right-to-work states employees are underpaid, and that union employees aren't overpaid, isn't it?


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:20   #10
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
It's obvious that right-to-work states employees are underpaid, and that union employees aren't overpaid, isn't it?


.
No not overpaid, union workers wages have kept up with inflation. Non union workers have been underpaid because their management knows they can treat them as they wish, no watch dog. It's plain and simple economics, non union workers get the shaft while their management or business owners get the lions share.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:22   #11
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 33,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
It's plain and simple economics
Because you say so?


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:36   #12
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Because you say so?


.
Well...you have to admit that Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Che Guevara agree with him.

Oh...the fat-cat union bosses do, too. In right-to-work states it's hard to shake all the workers down for cash to live the sweet life and have extra to give to friendly politicians. How else can the Democratic Party survive without extortion...?
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:43   #13
JFrame
Senior Member
 
JFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Mid-Atlantic, US of A
Posts: 33,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Well...you have to admit that Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Che Guevara agree with him.
I thought I had heard those words before... Political Issues

Quote:
Oh...the fat-cat union bosses do, too. In right-to-work states it's hard to shake all the workers down for cash to live the sweet life and have extra to give to friendly politicians. How else can the Democratic Party survive without extortion...?
My b-in-law was a union steward for an industry that had a massive economic shake-out a couple of decades ago. Most of his grief came from the union members, whose lifestyles of beach houses and extra sports cars didn't mesh with economic reality. It left him with a bad taste for unions.


.
__________________
"When newspapers are controlled, it's amazing how ignorant and immune from pressure the government can be." -- Amartya Sen

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 20:52   #14
m51
Senior Member
 
m51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Well...you have to admit that Karl Marx, Vladimir Lenin, Che Guevara agree with him.

Oh...the fat-cat union bosses do, too. In right-to-work states it's hard to shake all the workers down for cash to live the sweet life and have extra to give to friendly politicians. How else can the Democratic Party survive without extortion...?
Some day try no faux news, your head will start to clear and you will see the real world. Union dues are very cheap for what results are earned. Keep feeding yourself with that BS, you will never see the real facts.
__________________
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.
m51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 21:57   #15
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Yeah all those unions are terrible, isn't it great that workers in "right to work states" make $5500 less per year than their union state counterparts. Hmm, more for the executives and less for the workers. Hooray for the workers in the right to work states!
I want to buy products made in right-to-work states. They cost less. If I were running a business that used parts or materials from off-site, I would definitely buy from right-to-work States so I could offer my product at a better price.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:12   #16
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,281
Does not surprise me in the least. Now if only we can figure out how to get the rest of the country to wise up to just how "useful" unions really are. Seems like unions are are really good at making it hard to fire useless workers, and lining the pockets of union bigwigs.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:13   #17
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,050
m51
Well I was going to start a new thread on the latest union move but I'll stick here instead! Now reported the Teacher unions in Detroit Metro are going to shut down all inner city schools so they can go protest at the capital! I sure hope it's all unpaid protest time cause they are sure ****ing over all the students and parents !! Well actually it might be a good thing as most of the teacher don't actually teach anything anyway! As we see by the average Grad rate of below 50%!!! Now there's a bunch of useless union workers!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 12-10-2012 at 22:14..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 22:30   #18
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Anti-Obamaville
Posts: 63,074




I love to buy American, but only if I can be assured it was built by non-union workers in a right to work state.

And I'll never buy another GM or Chrysler product.
__________________
"I was part of a 10-person team at the human genome project that weaponized diseases to fight weaponized diseases. Pathogenic microorganisms with pathogenic microorganisms. Fire with fire. Interdepartmental drinks were had, relationships made..."
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:42   #19
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
No not overpaid, union workers wages have kept up with inflation. Non union workers have been underpaid because their management knows they can treat them as they wish, no watch dog. It's plain and simple economics, non union workers get the shaft while their management or business owners get the lions share.
And those poor non-union workers don't have anyone to stand up and force the employers to continue to employ them after they have been caught drinking and smoking dope on their breaks.

You would think that the owners of companies in this Country actually think they own the company, the nerve of them.

I tell you, it is Hell out there without a union to protect your right to get loaded at work
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:48   #20
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
m51
Well I was going to start a new thread on the latest union move but I'll stick here instead! Now reported the Teacher unions in Detroit Metro are going to shut down all inner city schools so they can go protest at the capital! I sure hope it's all unpaid protest time cause they are sure ****ing over all the students and parents !! Well actually it might be a good thing as most of the teacher don't actually teach anything anyway! As we see by the average Grad rate of below 50%!!! Now there's a bunch of useless union workers!
I'm not entirely sure the teachers are entirely to blame. I think it's also partly the kids who are to blame too. Too often do I see kids busy dicking around on an electronic device of sort or another, instead of actually paying attention. No matter how awesome the teacher is, if the kid doesn't want to be taught, he's not going to be taught. While I do agree that teachers definitely seem to be lacking, they're not solely to blame.

But I do think that if we paid teachers what we thought our kids education was worth, more people might actually want to be teachers.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:29.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,083
339 Members
744 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31