Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24   #101
SFCSMITH(RET)

Let's get back on track here..

Yesterday I put this together for my sister, and built/mounted the dolly so she can move it around as needed..

Survival/Preparedness Forum
SFCSMITH(RET) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28   #102
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCSMITH(RET) View Post

Yesterday I put this together for my sister, and built/mounted the dolly so she can move it around as needed..

Nice!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
LongGun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 17:13   #103
OMDonald

Tomorrow I'll be driving six hours round trip to pick up between 40K and 45K rounds.
OMDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 17:26   #104
Carry16

I wouldn't mind an additonal 40k rounds ;-) And SFCSMITH that is one fine can rack, but too costly for my blood. Today I picked up LN Honda EU2000i for $711 - hoorah.
Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 18:10   #105
Tom Kanik

Nice buy C16!
Old 02-22-2013, 21:26   #106
Carry16

That's what I thought. I almost bought one at the Lawn & Garden Show about a week back for $950 on sale, but held off as I really didn't want to spend that much. I'm gonna' love this thing.
Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 21:44   #107
ratf51

Guess I gotta play catch-up: over the past 2 months (roughly) I have filled and stored 7 5-gallon gas cans of gas and treated each with Stabil. Bought a generator. Improved outside storage building (replaced floor) so that it is actually usable. Bought an axe, mattock, and a high BTU propane stove (aka "turkey fryer" or "fish cooker".) Continued incremental increase of food stores in pantry by simply buying some extra when grocery shopping; if we used to buy 2 cans of something we get 4 or 6 now (especially if it has a lengthy shelf life.) We have arranged to have our house re-roofed-- much needed, it maintains the home's integrity and this roof will actually improve it by addressing repair issues. My nod to the guns and ammo madness was the speeding up of the purchase of a pistol for my daughter; the price was no different when I bought it post-Christmas than it was pre-December. Since it was a new caliber to the fold I have had to begin buying 9mm ammo. All other calibers were at a comfortable amount for me.

Here endeth my post.

Last edited by ratf51; 02-22-2013 at 21:46..
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 00:04   #108
ClydeG19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCSMITH(RET) View Post

Nice rack.
ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:33   #109
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Networked with family (& a close family friend) yesterday on preparedness plans & gear..

..looked at our new reloading building, friend's new AR & dropped off the new chop saw/conversion jig for 5.56 to 300 Blk,

..we all did some suppressed night shooting (5.56 & 300 Blk) afterwards.

Helping several at work get better prepared..

..& they are making good progress.

Researched best prices on a Katadyn Ceradyn Drip for a family member.

More range time in this evening with a close friend & prepper..

..9x19, 5.56 & 300 Blk....all suppressed.

Checked out a couple of Gen III+ PVS-14 units tonight for a family member (newly into prepping in a serious way )..

..& now have one less family member without NVD!

Got in a couple of 9 magazine pouches for the 300s...

..now filled with Troy CBIR Battlemags.

Old 02-24-2013, 21:57   #110
SRT76

Updated my GHB. Cycled out a few things, added some, changed the bag to an osprey day pack. Put my Henry AR7 in there too.

Sold an old vehicle that was sitting around gathering dust. Added that cash to our reserves.

While stowing several boxes of various ammo I bought I found 80 rounds of 7.62x39, that I purchased MONTHS ago and totally forgot about, in my trunk.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-01-2013, 13:20   #111
quake

Put an Apex DCAEK kit on my M&P9 and took advantage of a military/leo offer from magpul on some AR mags. Don't really need them, but it's a chance to try their new "Gen 3" mags.

Fwiw, they're offering a one-time purchase of up to 10 of their 30-round AR mags (or you can instead choose 20-round .308 AR mags) at a good price. Price is even (slightly) better than before all this magazine-insanity, and shipping is darn near immediate. I ordered on the 22nd, and received them today. There is a couple-day turnaround on them verifying your dept credentials, but not bad.

{edit to add price info - total cost for ten of the 30 round Gen3 Pmags including shipping $147.54}

Quote:
In order to participate in this program, go to: http://store.magpul.com/member_register.
- Create your login account and click the “Register” button to submit.
- Once you receive a Membership Confirmation e-mail from orders@magpul.com forward it (FW: ) along with your name and unit or agency affiliation to bhickman@magpul.com. Please respond using an official .mil or agency e-mail address, or provide other official identification to verify Military or LE status.
- If you already have a login account at Magpul.com, please just send an e-mail to bhickman@magpul.com with your name, unit or agency affiliation as outlined above, and the e-mail address you used to sign up for the account.

Once we verify your status (this process can take up to a few days) you will be added to an authorized MIL/LE group, which will allow a one-time purchase from a limited access section of our website. You will then receive a notification e-mail stating that you have been added to this group, and instructions for placing your order will be included."
They're also now extending this one-time purchase option to anyone living in Colorado (their location), since CO is currently considering magazine-ban legislation. Magpul says this is their way of equipping as many Colorado people as possible, since a ban of that type will drive magpul operations out of the state to somewhere less politically hostile.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by quake; 03-01-2013 at 13:55..
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 18:46   #112
ClydeG19

Ordered some more food for the stash and bought a chest rig.
ClydeG19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 00:40   #113
silentpoet

Didn't do much training, though I did watch some training on tv. Been a busy week with a family emergency, but not much else done. I did pay on my glock 21 layaway, and may put a Enfield on layaway tomorrow or buy some 45 ammo or do both. Did some vehicle maintenance and may get a factory service manual. Oh I forgot, I paid off one of my bigger debts a little over a week ago.

Last edited by silentpoet; 03-02-2013 at 01:38..
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54   #114
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Didn't do much training, though I did watch some training on tv. Been a busy week with a family emergency, but not much else done. I did pay on my glock 21 layaway, and may put a Enfield on layaway tomorrow or buy some 45 ammo or do both. Did some vehicle maintenance and may get a factory service manual. Oh I forgot, I paid off one of my bigger debts a little over a week ago.
Congrats - life will be better without debt.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 21:53   #115
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Helped a relative locate some .22 LR match ammo (Eley) for his kids upcoming competition.

For the 300 Blk projects..

Ordered 8lbs of Accurate 1680 powder

5,000 Remington 7.5 primers

1,000 Sierra Match Kings 220gr

Hopefully the 5K of 300 Blk casings will arrive this week

Old 03-11-2013, 19:13   #116
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Bought some PVS14 accessory spares (J-Arm, Headgear, etc)

Lots more research helping COFF get more prepared..

..came across some really interesting gear in the process.

Helped a prepper friend who is a multi-line FFL/SOT sell a Gen III PVS14 MNVD..

..to another prepper friend wanting a spare to crank up his preps a notch.

A two-fer on that one!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:45   #117
Stevekozak
Returning video

Did some stocking up. Local store had Jamisons on a good sales, so I bought a case. Made an order from Pleasant Hill Grain: case of Yoders canned bacon, case of Red Feather canned butter, case of Red Feather canned cheddar. I am signing up for a motorcycle course to learn to ride and get cert on license.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:39   #118
silentpoet

Bought 2 boxes of 100 winchester white box 45. Put a duty holster and marlin 99m1 on layaway at one pawnshop. Traded my 9mm uzi on a usp 45 and got my glock 21 with 6 mags and a laser grip off layaway at another pawnshop. So now I have a surplus of 9mm that I won't be using for awhile. Learned my lesson though from this current shortage, not going to trade any ammo off right now. Just bought some candles, good sized ones, a pyrex dish, a couple of bigger plastic bowls, an angle food cake pan, and some wax for 2 bucks and change at an estate sale.

Started some light stretching and exercise for my shoulders. I guess I should back up and say I went to the doctor last friday to have a nagging shoulder issue looked at. And the doctor diagnosed me with arthritis in the shoulder so I have to work into heavy weights. Fortunately my left shoulder is the worst, so my main hand isn't as effected.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 14:27   #119
ratf51

Had roofing done this week. The roof had many problems, it now has none. Since we will "bug in" the upkeep of our house becomes very important. I am thinking about adding some rain barrels at downspouts when we get the gutters done in a couple of weeks.
ratf51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 17:21   #120
LongGun1
StraightShooter

10k of 300 Blk Brass (formed from LC 5.56) arrived at the house of a prepper friend on Friday..

..& 5k of it is mine!

And more brass on the way!

Last edited by LongGun1; 03-16-2013 at 17:23..