Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:26   #1
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Armed guards in schools?

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/default.asp?Item=54
http://www.nasro.org/

Anti-gun people need to reassess their stance about not wanting any. Odds are at least one of the schools around them already has one.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:43   #2
MLM

More than likely the anti's/liberals were For armed security at our public schools until they found out it's what the ProGun folks and Nra wants too.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06   #3
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

I've said it many times, I would like to see school districts with their own police force.

Nothing against armed security. I know many are retired leos/military, but I think it is important to have powers of arrest to deal with other issues that come up regularly.
ICARRY2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:42   #4
I'M Glockamolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICARRY2 View Post
I've said it many times, I would like to see school districts with their own police force.

Nothing against armed security. I know many are retired leos/military, but I think it is important to have powers of arrest to deal with other issues that come up regularly.
I guess I don't get out much, but many school districts have them around here, from Houston ISD down to little ISDs. They're uniformed, armed, and drive patrol cars. I never thought anything of it. The police still aren't the enemy, and all guns aren't tools of evil around here...so far.

The Okie Corral
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56   #5
Dan_ntx

Plus their hero Bill Clinton wanted the exact same thing back in 2000 after Columbine, would this have happened if he would have gotten his wish?

http://nation.foxnews.com/bill-clint...chools-program
Dan_ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:00   #6
md2lgyk

More common than you think. My last department had school resource officers in almost every school in town.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03   #7
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:

Beaumont, Texas

http://www.bmtisd.com/bisdpd

Old 12-25-2012, 00:44   #8
RetailNinjitsu

9 out of 11 middle/high schools in my county have full time Sheriff's Deputies. Most of those positions have existed for 15+ years.
RetailNinjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:21   #9
Marlowe

Well, there are few more Liberal cities (and counties) then Los Angeles...and its current leadership is hardly pro-gun.

The Los Angles Unified School District has its own police force. They are sworn California peace officers with full police powers and patrol the various campuses. So, the idea of police in schools is hardly new.

Also, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has directed LAPD officers to visit each public school in the city at least once a day. That action was taken immediately after the Sandy Hook attack. So, the NRA suggesting an armed police presence in schools is not without precedent. Just look to the second largest city in America...
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42   #10
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

We don't have exactly the same social problems as the US does, but we do have schools with armed rent-a-cops and would be mass murderers seek other places where the pickings are easier.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Lior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:37   #11
rj1939

From Breitbart

Quote:

Some interesting news has broken in the wake of the latest push for gun control by President Obama and Senate Democrats: Obama sends his kids to a school where armed guards are used as a matter of fact.

The school, Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, has 11 security officers and is seeking to hire a new police officer as we speak.

If you dismiss this by saying, "Of course they have armed guards -- they get Secret Service protection," then you've missed the larger point.

The larger point is that this is standard operating procedure for the school, period. And this is the reason people like NBC's David Gregory send their kids to Sidwell, they know their kids will be protected from the carnage that befell kids at a school where armed guards weren't used (and weren't even allowed).

Shame on President Obama for seeking more gun control and for trying to prevent the parents of other school children from doing what he has clearly done for his own. His children sit under the protection guns afford, while the children of regular Americans are sacrificed.

No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up
rj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44   #12
jeager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
More than likely the anti's/liberals were For armed security at our public schools until they found out it's what the ProGun folks and Nra wants too.
The grabbers will hold to ther fixation while the rest may have to compromise and bargain for increased security and mental health care.
jeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:19   #13
Flying-Dutchman

A more informal less costly approach would work too.

Any ex-LEO or military school teacher should be allowed to discretely carry on a strictly voluntary basis.

Like the air marshals, a criminal could not be sure if he would be confronted with equal or greater force and may chose an easier target.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:24   #14
Flying-Dutchman

The banks I visit have a policeman or armed guard on duty. It was not always this way but it is today and a sign of the times.

Sadly all schools need armed protection too.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20   #15
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
We don't have exactly the same social problems as the US does, but we do have schools with armed rent-a-cops and would be mass murderers seek other places where the pickings are easier.
While some of the prevention issues may be very similar, I think it pays to remember that some of the guys who would reek havoc on a school in Israel have alot of support within their society (as screwed up as that is) but the guys that do it here are shunned by most everyone, including, usually, their own families.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 00:04   #16
JuneyBooney

Quote:

I agree.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote