obtain,kill off the big mags and revamp NICS .....Thats all I think will happen
My fellow right wingers,chill the heck out
SonnyCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44   #22
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun123 View Post
Ever heard of things like DUI checkpoints; insurance checkpoints, seat belt check points, Terry stops, etc. They will get you when you least expect it. They will make it so your only option is to hide it away or bury it. Using it will not be an option. You want even be able to talk about it without fear of being informed on for cash via crime stoppers.
I suspect you are right - once it is criminalized, it becomes useless for anything but a fight to the death against the government.

A friend of mine was once offered an unregistered submachinegun in trade for a rifle and asked what I thought about the deal - he couldn't take it to the range and he couldn't use it in self-defense, or else he'd go to prison, so what's the point of having it? Put it away in case of civil war would be about all, and even that's a risk - you house burns down and a local cop or fireman decides to tell the feds (we were both cops at the time, but not fans of feds or gun control).
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35   #23
cajun_chooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
I don't think I would want to be going door to door trying to take guns from the hillbillies in Kentucky, the Appalachians or south Arkansas.

nor in Cajun Country.. we have a lot of aligators..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38   #24
cajun_chooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
This will not happen this go round. Git yer panties out of a wad.
the American Indians did not think so either..

America has become a nation of sheep.. most want to be led
into corrals and become part of the 47%
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43   #25
dvrdwn72

Part of the 47%???? more like 75%
dvrdwn72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54   #26
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne View Post
If they come to take our guns just shoot em in the face so the relatives can't have an open casket
There it is.................
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted it.
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.
Now GT is officially as stupid as AR15.COM.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:50   #27
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.

So you readily declare an entire forum "stupid" based on the comments of a select few. You do realize that you just painted yourself in the same color, right I wonder if you're a member of both forums.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53   #28
57cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
I don't see confiscation being a viable nationwide option. The amount of resources required would be well beyond what I believe we (as a nation) are capable of, especially when you think that it would not be wise to send just 1 LE person to each residence.

If retroactive, I would expect the law would require you to turn them in or risk a significant fine & or jail. Then, you'd be unable to use them at the range, be in trouble if you possessed one in a traffic stop or some other unrelated encounter with LE, etc. Basically they would work to purge them from being in the hands of citizens by intimidation and attrition.
prior to election of 2008 potus discussed a civilin defence force, that would be the begining
57cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01   #29
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cal View Post
prior to election of 2008 potus discussed a civilin defence force, that would be the begining
First off, welcome to GT!

I recall the comments by Obama. And I would agree that simply because he has not recently mentioned the idea, it certainly doesn't mean that he doesn't desire to implement such an idea. However the current political climate would not be receptive to such an idea...which is likely why it remains buried in his bucket.

So while you're certainly correct in your recollection, I would respectfully disagree that this method would be used for implementing any kind of gun confiscation program. I seriously doubt that trained LE would not want to go door-to-door. Yes, I remember Katrina, however so do most Americans. And on a national level, this type of mandate would be incredibly dangerous to impose. Throw in a civilian, untrained defense force and I think most folks would anticipate the results would not be desired. Therefore I just don't see it.

Old 12-31-2012, 13:07   #30
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
So you readily declare an entire forum "stupid" based on the comments of a select few. You do realize that you just painted yourself in the same color, right I wonder if you're a member of both forums.
No, I am not a member of AR15.Com

I have read more than a few comments from the cold dead hands members here. This was the just the first shoot em in the face comment. I know there are many law abiding members here and even those I disagree with most of the time, I still agree with on some things. Does staying a member here make me more stupid......... It depends on which subforum I am on.

Hahahahahahahhahahahhahha

Old 12-31-2012, 13:17   #31
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
No, I am not a member of AR15.Com

I have read more than a few comments from the cold dead hands members here. This was the just the first shoot em in the face comment. I know there are many law abiding members here and even those I disagree with most of the time, I still agree with on some things. Does staying a member here make me more stupid......... It depends on which subforum I am on.

Hahahahahahahhahahahhahha
I would venture to say the vast majority of members are law-abiding citizens. Personally, I would not be a member of a forum if I felt the general membership were a bunch of loons. My comment to was simply meant to remind you that painting with such a broad brush is often just as irresponsible as the comment by the person that you targeted.

Old 12-31-2012, 13:32   #32
Jerry

Quote:
SHOOT EM IN THE FACE.

Actually that's not a very smart statement. It's like saying the gun killed. GT isn't even and inanimate object, like a gun, it's a virtual realm.

If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.

It's called "The Bill of RIGHTS" for a reason. We were endowed with them by the creator and no man can take them.... unless we let them. The Second says "Shall Not be Infringed". We have ALLOWED infringement. That doesn't mean more will be tolerated.

A JBT in full body armor can only be stopped buy being shoot in the face. Hence the statement shoot them in them face. Sound grizzly? Yes! Wold it be deserved? What would you do if someone were cumming to kill your family? We've see what happens when men "just follow orders". Even when those orders are Unconstitutional and inhumane. Ruby Ridge, Waco..... Auschwitz. Don't think it can happen here? Waco and Ruby Ridge did. Ask a US citizen of the Japaneses persuasion what happen in 1942. All done by men "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS". Men that were never punished for their crimes.

NEW ORLEANS 2005!!!!!

If you want to be PO or outraged place the blame where it belongs. On those that have proven they will attack citizens because... "They are just following (Unconstitutional and inhumane) orders".

Would I shoot a man in the face if he were attempting to harm me and mine.... You can take it to the bank.

You said you liked straight forward.

BTW, I'm not a member are AR-15.com either. Or skinhead.com or killcops.com etc. etc. I don't want to kill anyone that means me and mine and others no harm. I don't want to kill..... but I can if necessary.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 13:46..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:38   #33
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
I would venture to say the vast majority of members are law-abiding citizens. Personally, I would not be a member of a forum if I felt the general membership were a bunch of loons. My comment to was simply meant to remind you that painting with such a broad brush is often just as irresponsible as the comment by the person that you targeted.
I see your point.

I dont see the majority of the members as loons. However, even the loons are "interesting".

Many may not think the gov is anticipating a few "shoot em in the face"
types making good on their words. Thats when they REALLY go after all the guns.

A question? Why does it always come down to shooting the cop/fed in the face? Why does no one direct rage toward those who write and pass gun control laws. I am certainly NOT suggesting violence towards ANYONE.
Yes, bad things have been done by those who were only following orders throughout history. However, you cant win in chess by only toppling pawns. Come on loons, think a little bigger in those Mitty fantasies.

Remember, I am against any AWB and even more against violence to change any such legislation.

Old 12-31-2012, 13:39   #34
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57cal View Post
It would not be that hard to implement such a Group build with volunteers Freedom Corp has a nice ring to it and TSA and Fema employees.
There are many people in this country that would jump at the chance of being employed by the .gov and also get special treatment.
Throw in some half ass training for a week, arm and mandate them and you could be up and running in 2 month tops.
If you hear something like this happening I suggest you start running for the hill very fast like.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:43   #35
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Actually that's not a very smart statement. It's like saying the gun killed. GT isn't even and inanimate object, like a gun, it's a virtual realm.

If you believe people shooting JBT trying to take their firearms (I truly don't believe the government is stupid enough to try it) is stupid than you don't honestly want to uphold the Second Amendment.

It's called "The Bill of RIGHTS" for a reason. We were endowed with them by the creator and no man can take them.... unless we let them. The Second says "Shall Not be Infringed". We have ALLOWED infringement. That doesn't mean more will be tolerated.

A JBT in full body armor can only be stopped buy being shoot in the face. Hence the statement shoot them in them face. Sound grizzly? Yes! Wold it be deserved? What would you do if someone were cumming to kill your family? We've see what happens when men "just follow orders". Even when those orders are Unconstitutional and inhumane. Ruby Ridge, Waco..... Auschwitz. Don't think it can happen here? Waco and Ruby Ridge did. Ask a US citizen of the Japaneses persuasion what happen in 1942. All done by men "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS". Men that were never punished for their crimes.

If you want to be PO or outraged place the blame where it belongs. On those that have proven they will attack citizens because... "They are just following (Unconstitutional and inhumane) orders".

Would I shoot a man in the face if he were attempting to harm me and mine.... You can take it to the bank.

BTW, I'm not a member are AR-15.com either. Or skinhead.com or killcops.com etc. etc. I don't want to kill anyone that means me and mine and others no harm. I don't want to kill..... but I can if necessary.
Very well said Jerry.
And I believe most here would never want to have to do this, I know I don't but when it comes to my family all gloves come off.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:12   #36
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:

NEW ORLEANS 2005!!!!!

Hi, Jerry.
Interesting post.
Who said anyone who would come for your guns was going to hurt you or your family?
I get the point you would resist with violence to protect you 2A rights.
What about your 2A rights ALREADY infringed upon? Full auto and suppressors are already limited as the new AWB may be for ARs and the like.
Did you attack the gov when you couldn't buy a full auto and walk out the door with it? No. Was it because you don't own one or want one? Maybe but that would make you hypocritical in disliking the FUDDS. So.... Why haven't you risen up against your 2A rights ALREADY infringed. I am eagerly waiting to hear your reply.

I support you in defending someone looking to harm you or your family. A confiscation is not a harm to your family.

On Waco, remember how that went down in the end.

Thanks for the frank speech.
I didnt know killacop.com existed until now. Or skinhead.com.
Interesting you do. Hmmmmmm

Last edited by GRIMLET; 12-31-2012 at 14:14..
Old 12-31-2012, 14:20   #37
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
I think posting how you would respond is not wise. However if someone wants to raise potential flags & draw attention to himself, they certainly are free to do so.

For me, I consider the climate to be too unpredictable to be broadcasting across the internet about the specifics of what guns I may own or don't own. Likewise, I don't plan on stating what I would do or not do in the unlikely event of a law change that violates the 2A by requiring people to surrender those firearms that are then deemed 'illegal'.

I will say that I am a law-abiding citizen. I consider many regulations regarding firearms to be unconstitutional. I don't believe that we should be required to pay a state or federal gov't money to get special permission to exercise our rights. However, the reality is that we do so today - carry permits, special permits for supressors, SBR permits, etc. I consider all of this to be a violation of our second amendment rights. I am fighting this legally by supporting the NRA and GCO (local to where I live).

I will also say that protecting my family is a critical part of my role in the family, and one that I take very seriously.

Old 12-31-2012, 14:36   #38
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
I think posting how you would respond is not wise. However if someone wants to raise potential flags & draw attention to himself, they certainly are free to do so.

For me, I consider the climate to be too unpredictable to be broadcasting across the internet about the specifics of what guns I may own or don't own. Likewise, I don't plan on stating what I would do or not do in the unlikely event of a law change that violates the 2A by requiring people to surrender those firearms that are then deemed 'illegal'.

I will say that I am a law-abiding citizen. I consider many regulations regarding firearms to be unconstitutional. I don't believe that we should be required to pay a state or federal gov't money to get special permission to exercise our rights. However, the reality is that we do so today - carry permits, special permits for supressors, SBR permits, etc. I consider all of this to be a violation of our second amendment rights. I am fighting this legally by supporting the NRA and GCO (local to where I live).

I will also say that protecting my family is a critical part of my role in the family, and one that I take very seriously.
Now THIS is a sensible post. *^^^^^^

Old 12-31-2012, 18:07   #39
Jerry

Quote:
Hi, Jerry.
Interesting post.
Who said anyone who would come for your guns was going to hurt you or your family?
As I stated, I don't believe it will happen, but hey I'll play.

You might want to ask David Koresh that question. Or perhaps some of children at the Branch Davidian Compound. Oh wait, you can't the JBT killed them when they came for guns. You might wish to ask Randy Weaver why they shot his wife and son over a setup that was made by an FBI snitch concerning a gun.

But to answer your question... No one said it. I was alive and saw it happen.... to them.

Quote:
I get the point you would resist with violence to protect you 2A rights.
What about your 2A rights ALREADY infringed upon? Full auto and suppressors are already limited as the new AWB may be for ARs and the like.
Did you attack the gov when you couldn't buy a full auto and walk out the door with it? No. Was it because you don't own one or want one? Maybe but that would make you hypocritical in disliking the FUDDS. So.... Why haven't you risen up against your 2A rights ALREADY infringed. I am eagerly waiting to hear your reply.
No! You missed the point. You are confusing what I do to fight "infringements" (belong to pro-firearms groups... NRA, GOA etc. support pro-Second Amendment Congressmen etc. etc.) and what I would do if my door was kicked in. They are two different and distinct actions.

Quote:
I support you in defending someone looking to harm you or your family. A confiscation is not a harm to your family.
It would be when I refuse to turn them over. See my first paragraph.

Quote:
On Waco, remember how that went down in the end.
Did you know that Koresh went jogging down a lonely dirt road every morning? They could have take him there. Did you know that he offered to turn himself in while talking to the FBI on the phone? I I remember correctly that was a few days or a week before the raid.

Quote:
Thanks for the frank speech.
I didnt know killacop.com existed until now. Or skinhead.com.
Interesting you do. Hmmmmmm

As fare as I know there is no copkiller.com or skinhead.com. Or maybe there is, I have no idea. I was making a point. I do know, from hearsay, that there are skin head sites and I'm pretty sure there are some cop hater sites. Just like I know there are White supremacists sites and Nazis sites.

Do not try to make me out to be something I'm not. I'll have to start calling you dirty names.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-31-2012 at 18:13..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:35   #40
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
As I stated, I don't believe it will happen, but hey I'll play.

You might want to ask David Koresh that question. Or perhaps some of children at the Branch Davidian Compound. Oh wait, you can't the JBT killed them when they came for guns. You might wish to ask Randy Weaver why they shot his wife and son over a setup that was made by an FBI snitch concerning a gun.

But to answer your question... No one said it. I was alive and saw it happen.... to them.

No! You missed the point. You are confusing what I do to fight "infringements" (belong to pro-firearms groups... NRA, GOA etc. support pro-Second Amendment Congressmen etc. etc.) and what I would do if my door was kicked in. They are two different and distinct actions.

It would be when I refuse to turn them over. See my first paragraph.

Did you know that Koresh went jogging down a lonely dirt road every morning? They could have take him there. Did you know that he offered to turn himself in while talking to the FBI on the phone? I I remember correctly that was a few days or a week before the raid.

As fare as I know there is no copkiller.com or skinhead.com. Or maybe there is, I have no idea. I was making a point. I do know, from hearsay, that there are skin head sites and I'm pretty sure there are some cop hater sites. Just like I know there are White supremacists sites and Nazis sites.

Do not try to make me out to be something I'm not. I'll have to start calling you dirty names.
Oh, my....oh my.... Where DO I start....
David Koresh was a nut job wanna be savior. Lets not talk of his messiah complex which led to the deaths of innocent children and their swayed parents. Yes, a better plan could have been taken into arrest Koresh. It wasnt.
The children of the branch dividian died due to david koresh disobeying the law.

Thanks for elaborating on the JBT. I really appreciate it. Now I remember what the NRA said about those agents who died following orders that day.

More to the point, thank you, thank you , thank you for outing yourself as to whom you are.

Oh, and I like how you are part of the political program to stop gun regulations. I really do.
However, why haven't you stood up like you were before to shoot em in the face if they try to take your guns when they took koreshs. You didn't. And you shouldn't. Yes....you are no better than the FUDDS hypocrisy when it comes to gun regulation. When it affects me I will .... Nothing. Blah.

As far as .coms..... You have said enough.

Hey, enjoy New Years Eve!!!!

Hugs!!!!!!