Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 23:16   #1
Contact

Send a message via AIM to Contact Send a message via Yahoo to Contact
Anyone else out there "Supporting the Cause" in your own way?

I'll start this thread by saying that my girlfriend is not anti-gun, but not quite as pro-gun as I am, she supports responsible ownership, but doesn't quite have the passion for the sport that I do. A few weeks ago we bought her her first gun to learn with (Beretta Neos), and I think it's great to see a new shooter take pride in her gun.

Fast forward to the events of Sandy Hook, and the soon to follow bobble-heads of the media trying to scare the people into believing that the government is going to implement some type of ban, and her and I got to talking about the what if's and if I thought the people would really stand against the government. Just for the heck of it, and to prove my point, we hopped into the car and drove up to one of the big box hunting stores to find the rifle accessories picked clean, and plenty more people besides us looking through what was left for anything they might want.

So we left that store, and went to one of the local gun ranges that has a storefront as well, and was able to find that they had some PMAG's stored in the back they were selling 2 at a time. Most people were coming in, looking, and leaving without asking anyone for them, but I stood in line and asked when I got up to the counter.

As my girlfriend was looking around, soaking in the dozens of people who were scrounging up every last thing they might want, she seemed to realize how passionate most of us are about our sport, and...here was the kicker...once we got up to the counter, I bought my 2 Pmags, and she whipped out her card and bought 2 more for me. I think I'm in love.

So, as we got out to the car and were driving home, she kind of mentioned how it seemed crazy that so many people were in a frenzy like that, but I told her that they way I see it, the money we spent that night was a vote for what we believe in. Sure, there's never a bad time to buy a few more AR magazines, but truth be told, what people buy and when they buy it speaks volumes to our legislators. Could you imagine what our elected leaders would have said if there were record drops in sales in the gun industry? Heck, there were plenty of people who said they NRA was weak, and didn't believe in it's own cause anymore simply because they fell silent out of respect for the Sandy Hook Victims. Talk about a cheap shot!!

I picked up 4 PMags, and renewed my NRA membership which I didn't realize had lapsed. It's not much, but it's a contribution to the cause nonetheless. So, per the title of the thread, what have you done to support the gun culture lately, if anything?
Contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 00:58   #2
RMTactical
CLM Number
www.AR15pro.net

I spread the truth about guns all over the web, via boards (not just gun boards), blogs, videos, etc... I am a member of the NRA, I urge any and all to become members. I write my congressmen OFTEN!

I support the companies in the gun industry who support our rights by patronizing them (among other things), and I talk to anyone I know who will listen about the importance of gun ownership. This starts with my kids, wife, family, and spreads out from there.

I do own a gun related business, but I am not in it for the money as much as I enjoy everything about guns. I would give it up in a second if I thought it would help me have MORE rights as a gun owner.

The 2nd amendment is something I am passionate about because I believe in FREEDOM and I love what our country stands for in the world. I don't want to see us follow on the national stage like we are starting to do more and more. We should lead like we have done in the past. We need to follow the constitution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Due to inflation, my $.02 no longer matters.

Last edited by RMTactical; 12-30-2012 at 01:01..
RMTactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44   #3
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

Yes I have! I do whatever I can to inform people about what is going on. Its ashame most won't even write a congressmen, senator or be pro-active in any way. Their just going to be re-active when the governments BS gun control laws are enacted.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 00:11   #4
Panglоss
I am the NRA

Purchased 15 PMAGs, bought a Daniel Defense AR, renewed with the NRA (also sent them a letter telling them not to back down on their AWB stance), convinced 2 other people to buy ARs (and got them trained in the basics of shooting them)...and try to logically argue with anti-gun people when possible.
Panglоss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 00:17   #5
bprice01

I make kydex holsters and offered a free one to anyone who would get their CHL. 5 or 6 took me up on it.
bprice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29   #6
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Already have a lifetime membership to NRA so no need to renew, evah!

Sold 2 AR's to 2 of my friends, one each, both first time AR owners, and I sold it to them at the price I paid, without making one extra dime on each, just to get more owners involved without having them be gouged.

Everytime someone brings up gun ownership and responsible ownership, I talk to them logically. Had a short, but poignant discussion tonight as a matter of fact, with a few old friends who have recently taken up an interest in firearms due to the current events. They asked the same ignorant questions (not to be confrontational, but just because they were don't know) and I answered them honestly and got them to see the point that no gun law can prevent what has happened with all the mass shootings we have had. Now a few want to go shooting and even buy a gun of their own. Felt good.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03   #7
GAFinch

I told a family member last week that there's only one reason federal politicians want gun registration (confiscation) and there's only one reason they'd want to confiscate guns (they're power-hungry sociopaths). I've also been trying to get people to think through how the masses with three days worth of food will react when the economy collapses.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:24   #8
bmoore

I load my own 223. None of my work friends can find ammo. All they have to do is show me their NRA card and I make them 5 boxes, thats a pretty good deal.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40   #9
mac66
Plant the seed

How many of you would be willing to go to Washington DC and demonstrate? How many of you would carry your firearm with you in defiance of the laws in DC? How many will actively resist?

Instead of doing something useful most will panic and buy all kinds of guns and ammo and hide in the basement.

Talk is cheap, rhetoric is BS. When the time comes how many of us will actually get off our butts and act to save our civil rights? Too damn few I suspect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by mac66; 12-31-2012 at 20:16..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 19:14   #10
kyglockshooter

Rick Patino, U of L Basketball coach, made Gun Control support comments during one of his press conferences. I sold the basketball tickets I had for this season (only two games) and I'm sending the proceeds to the NRA $175.

I'm writing my 2 senators and Congressman. I spent 20 years in the military ensuring the Constitution was protected, the progressives are ruining this country. OH and I'm voting with my dollars at the local indoor range, the gun shows, etc etc etc.

As a Christian I ask that God Bless America...the Good Lord must have tears in his eyes.

LT USN (Ret)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Unattributed
kyglockshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25   #11
SilverBullet_83
NRA member

I with support of facts talk to those who read only what the mainstream media tells them. My never had a gun in hisife father in law bought a handgun this last week after a discussion that we had. 1 at a time. My wife is now also is a active Florida concealed carry.
Florida Glockers #121 Black Rifle Club #1121
SilverBullet_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 16:56   #12
LA_357SIG
Milspectacular

I'm "supporting the cause" the same way I did last election: refused to buy anything firearm related at panic stricken inflated prices. I also trolled the major news internet comment boards with sarcasm laced anti-gun control replies.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:23   #13
mgs
Always Carrying

Just got a case of factory Remington UMC .357 Sig FMJ for just $199 shipped. Local shops are $280-$320! Also picked up 1000 174FMJ .30 Match bullets for $12/100.

Last edited by mgs; 01-02-2013 at 08:25..
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08   #14
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Just got a case of factory Remington UMC .357 Sig FMJ for just $199 shipped. Local shops are $280-$320! Also picked up 1000 174FMJ .30 Match bullets for $12/100.
Where did you find the match bullets?
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 20:39   #15
Razorback01

So far I've gotten my wife and mother to join the NRA. Getting a $25 Bass Pro Shops gift card makes it an easy sell I've also written the state reps/legislators and POTUS.
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 21:34   #16
Contact

Send a message via AIM to Contact Send a message via Yahoo to Contact
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_357SIG View Post
I'm "supporting the cause" the same way I did last election: refused to buy anything firearm related at panic stricken inflated prices. I also trolled the major news internet comment boards with sarcasm laced anti-gun control replies.
Yeah, you have to be careful buying anything lately, as the market is flooded with folks trying to dump stuff they wish they'd never bought.

Luckily the 4 PMAG's I was able to get my hands on were at the normal price.
Contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02   #17
mikeflys1
Pastafarian

I sold an SKS to a buddy (his first rifle) and for a price that would've been really good even before the current rush began.

I gave a speech for a communications class last November on how to get a pistol permit in CT.

Also, renewed my NRA membership.
mikeflys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 15:46   #18
4TS&W
2A RKBA 4EVER

I bought some AR lowers. some uppers, and some pmags. Got pre panic prices on all of them.
4TS&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 18:01   #19
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I bought everything I could get my hands on...
Penned letters three different times so far in the last month.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 19:29   #20
Shaker223
Boost Rules

I bought my 12 year old son a lifetime membership for the NRA.
Shaker223 is offline   Reply With Quote