Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-11-2013, 23:13   #21
samuse

I've sent a few emails to the politicians.

Joined the NRA.

Bought another 6920.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 22:21   #22
Contact

Send a message via AIM to Contact Send a message via Yahoo to Contact
Just got my girl signed up for the NRA!!
Contact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 16:25   #23
glock031

Old 01-13-2013, 18:29   #24
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
Where did you find the match bullets?
Camp Perry. We bought 50 caliber ammo cans full of them years ago so I bought more from a friend that bought alot also. Awesome bullet for the price. Gun shops have less than I do these days. Pays to prepare!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 20:24   #25
Raleigh Glocker

I contacted my representatives with a personal letter. I also put together a series of short videos on 2nd Amendment issues of common debate. Each is a non-confrontational response that uses history and statistics, where appropriate, to reject further restrictions of the 2nd Amendment.

Rant videos have an important place in motivating the base of support for the 2A. However, they aren't going to win anyone over who has yet to truly make up his or her mind on AWB II and it proposed elements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Raleigh Glocker; 01-13-2013 at 20:26..
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 21:05   #26
QNman
resU deretsigeR

I sold one of my AR's to an acquaintance who never had one.

I have provided .223 ammo to two friends who couldn't find any when they decided to pull their AR's off mothballs and shoot them for a change, and couldn't find any ammo.

I added two years to my NRA membership.

I have written letters of complaint to my anti-Senator and letters of support for the pro-gun members of congress and senator.

I have had conversations with at least half a dozen on the fence and two liberals, explaining why gun control isn't the answer to this particular problem.

I urged three members of my state congress to enact a law similar to WY (and they are reportedly drafting it now).

I have offered to take a friends child to the gun range and teach him to shoot, because his parents don't have any guns or any clue how to safely train their youngster.

Do what you can - play to your strengths. For some, this is monetary, for others it is talent, or sales, or purchases... Just do SOMETHING positive.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 00:24   #27
SDDL-UP

I just got a cashier's check for $100 to send to the NRA and I'm going to renew my Gun Owner's of America membership.

I will probably make a $100 per year donation until Obama is out of office. I'll probably be making $500 per year contributions of they actually pass an "assault weapons" ban. I WILL WORK to make sure those responsible for stripping away our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS are out of a job.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:40   #28
Shaker223
Boost Rules

Joined GOA as well and was able to convince a gentleman at work to upgrade his NRA membership to a life member with the $300 special they were offering. I bought a one year membership to the NRA for my cousin as well.
Shaker223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38   #29
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I contribute to the cause by bugging the hell out of my elected officials from local to Federal. I bombard them with phone calls and emails. Sometimes, I'd get old school and send them some snail mails.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:55   #30
mjkeat

I didn't see very many people (1, fnfal) that actually mentioned they contacted their reps w/ any sort of consistancy. Good on you fnfal.

I have been doing the same. I've had ongoing conversations w/ politicians in CO., KS., NY., etc. MO. and MD. next.

What I've concluded from these conversations, the majority of dems are either lying or completely lack any knowledge of firearms and their deployment. Don't forget their disregard for the Constitution.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44   #31
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

They may not know much about guns, or care to learn about guns. They may want to push their own agendas, but when their constituents started to take personal interests in their political careers...they'll take notice.

NRA/GOA/SAF lobbying and ligitations are great and all, but if people think that sending a few bucks to these outfits would absolve them of their personal responsibilities to fight for their rights then they got what's coming to them.
Old 02-27-2013, 16:45   #32
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I have now written so many letters both in print and email I don't even get responses anymore.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 16:59   #33
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
They may not know much about guns, or care to learn about guns. They may want to push their own agendas, but when their constituents started to take personal interests in their political careers...they'll take notice.

NRA/GOA/SAF lobbying and ligitations are great and all, but if people think that sending a few bucks to these outfits would absolve them of their personal responsibilities to fight for their rights then they got what's coming to them.
I agree.

I saw that one of the guys sitting on the NRA board is anti-gun. There's a push to get him removed and a lot of people have stopped sending in donations and even canceling their memberships.

Last edited by mjkeat; 02-27-2013 at 17:02..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 17:00   #34
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
I spread the truth about guns all over the web, via boards (not just gun boards), blogs, videos, etc... I am a member of the NRA, I urge any and all to become members. I write my congressmen OFTEN!

I support the companies in the gun industry who support our rights by patronizing them (among other things), and I talk to anyone I know who will listen about the importance of gun ownership. This starts with my kids, wife, family, and spreads out from there.

The 2nd amendment is something I am passionate about because I believe in FREEDOM and I love what our country stands for in the world. I don't want to see us follow on the national stage like we are starting to do more and more. We should lead like we have done in the past. We need to follow the constitution.
this! this is what we all should be doing. and, if you are going to end up debating an anti, do it respectfully. le them start frothing at the mouth. let anyone around know who the peaceful ones are. (ironically...usually the ones with the guns...go figure).

be a positive image for the face of firearms ownership.
Old 02-28-2013, 20:40   #35
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Member of NRA and SAF.

I am constantly posting on FB about this. And, it's WORKING. I've had several friends buy their first guns, crediting me.

I blog.

I'm active on several gun forums. I also write about guns on non-gun forums.

Today and tomorrow, I'm working with a major national news network and will appear on a special program in the near future.

Everyone who knows me, knows I'm a gun guy. I am not shy about it, while emphasizing the importance and history of the Constitution.

I know my "stuff." And, I can go toe-to-toe with any "anti." And, I can "shoot down" (pun intended) any of the tired emotional canards they perpetually use in their insipid and vacuous arguments. I rather enjoy it.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 21:52   #36
SDDL-UP

How about that! Democrats natoinwide would love to have Joaquin Jackson team up with mayor Bloomberg ang det that "radical" super hi-cap 7 round magazine down to 5 rounds. Maybe even 1 round - since he's only "concerned" about hunters apparently.

I will note this in me letter to the NRA.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:57   #37
rt014

a) Upped NRA to lifetime membership
b) Donated another $100 to NRA
c) Bought NRA membership for son
d) Wrote state and federal legislators multiple times (only one..my pro 2nd Amend rights Assemblyman took the time to write a personal response back....all the rest were canned responses...primarily from the 'Anti's').
e) Sign as many pro-gun petitions on line as possible, including one to impeach Cuomo
f) Maintain a buying spree whenever the price is right
g) Will soon be flying 'Don't Tread On Me' flag
h) Posted a 2nd Amendment support notice on my Facebook wall
i) Actively forward any emails supporting our cause to like minded friends and family
j) Joined class action lawsuit to repeal NYS's SAFE act
rt014 is offline   Reply With Quote