SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 22:07   #201
chickenwing

Religious Issues

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-08-2013, 22:15   #202
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Unable to make an intelligent response I see.

If you can't intelligently respond using your words, why bother?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 01-08-2013, 22:47   #203
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Using merriam websters isn't shopping. It's a standard. It's not my fault if you can't speak American English or make a point without using tact and good manners. You'll just have to realize that you are a product of a failed educational system and poor upbringing.

Before you come back, check out the definition of disbelief.

Disbelief is an act. It's not a refusal to act.

Send your English teachers a No Thank You card. Attach a copy of the last few posts just for a hoot.
I just owned you so hard you resulted to ridiculing my education and upbringing, of which you know nothing about, and in the same post accused me of of lacking tact and manners.

I don't care how rude I am when making a point. I have no need for a false sense of superiority. You did not address a single issue I raised. In addition, I don't recall anyone claiming disbelief was not an act nor do I see how it being an act has any bearing on the issue that was being discussed.

And once again you make an assclown of yourself.

Just let it go and walk away. We disagree. You are entitled to use your definition of words, and I'm entitled to use the correct ones.

Quote:

Because you seem incapable of understanding the written word. Perhaps CW thought a giff would be more productive.

You also didn't bother to address anything from this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggy4711 View Post
Ugh...once again you demonstrate that you do not know/understand what you are talking about. Electrons "orbiting" was never considered to be the case, nor would electron clouds be today. Those are language models used to try and describe what language is incapable of describing.

As far as quantum mechanics is concerned next to nothing has fundamentally changed in nearly 100 years. The language has but the math hasn't. It's actually a joke in physics. Something to the effect of "Whats new in your line of work?...Nothing".

So again I ask you to list the things science currently is wrong about. I'd also be interested in the quantum theories that don't quite match up as that is news to me.

As far as Big Bang/Big Chill, we have been over this before. It's a difference in language not math and for the folks at home language isn't science, math is. You seem to have a problem distinguishing the difference. Whether there was a Chill or a Bang is as meaningless as if their is a deity/s or not. Science still is what it is or we could not have this debate on the internet.

That's just plain dumb. Of course one would be wrong before, not now.

You might but there is a reason so little has been learned in the last 100 years. We have a really good grasp on things. Compared to what we knew prior to the quantum revolution in science, there isn't a whole lot left to figure out.
Oversight? Missed it? Or just maybe you can't because you don't understand the subject well enough? Perhaps you should send your Science teachers a No Thank You card. Attach a copy of your posts just for a hoot.

Last edited by juggy4711; 01-08-2013 at 22:48..
Old 01-08-2013, 22:51   #204
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
You did not address a single issue I raised.
You know full well that Cavalry Doc doesn't address points, he just regurgitates the same tripe until someone writes something he can attack tagentially, rather than addressing the core points of opposing arguments. Such as questioning people's manners or education, for example.
Old 01-08-2013, 22:53   #205
chickenwing

Quote:

More like why bother, you are the king of all trolls when it comes to the subject of atheism. It's like a religion to you.

This is really the best gif to describe you and the only feedback you deserve.

Religious Issues

Last edited by chickenwing; 01-09-2013 at 05:04..
Old 01-08-2013, 23:08   #206
chickenwing

Funny thing is, when ole Cav Doc gets butt hurt, this is what he does. Goes and whines to mods to get someone banned.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1461308&page=2

CavDoc
Quote:
Gentlemen, Please let me introduce you to the OP. He's a self described liar and an admitted troll.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=125

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...0&postcount=57

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1461226

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1461292

Russ, I think you may have the ability to fix this situation permanently. Please spend a minute or two to see if that is appropriate.
RussP
Quote:
Don't come whining to me for something you feed all the time!!!!!!

Stop feeding pests and they eventually go elsewhere for whatever keeps them going.

In the meantime, use the freaking Report This Post button. Just make certain you didn't start it first.

CAPICE!!??!!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled topic: Will any of you low-life, Jack Booted, tin badge thugs come try to confiscate full capacity mags?

EDITED TO ADD: If anything, you came here trolling him...

1 + 1 = 2 trolls

1 - 1 = 0

Yeah, I'm a little pissy tonight.

But, seriously Doc, Happy New Year!!
I think everyone should take RussP's advice(me included) and stop feeding the troll.

Old 01-08-2013, 23:43   #207
ksg0245

Quote:
Look, if you have a problem with American English, take it up with Merriam Webster.
I love American English. I majored in it. I have a Master's in it.

Quote:
It's not my fault you can't apply the accurate definition.
It's probably my fault that Merriam Webster isn't the only dictionary of American English, though, hmm? It's probably an atheist conspiracy to confound Cavalry Doc, hiding the dictionaries with better definitions.

Quote:
Main Entry: athe·ist
Pronunciation: \ˈā-thē-ist\
Function: noun
Date: 1551
: one who believes that there is no deity
If it were accurate, it would accurately describe the people to whom it applies. It doesn't. Is that my fault, too? Drat that atheist conspiracy.

Oxford Dictionary of American English: Definition of atheist
noun

a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: a·the·ist audio (th-st) KEY

NOUN: One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Quote:
Just let it go and walk away.
Like you've done?

Quote:
We disagree. You are entitled to use your definition of the word, and I'm entitled to use the correct one.
If it were correct, a strawman wouldn't be required to defend it.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:23   #208
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwing View Post
Funny thing is, when ole Cav Doc gets butt hurt, this is what he does. Goes and whines to mods to get someone banned.

CavDoc
RussP
I think everyone should take RussP's advice(me included) and stop feeding the troll.
Well that's F-ed up. I missed that the first time around. I do like how Russ told him to go piss up a rope but I thought old Doc was better than that. What a tool. This joker just earned the first and only spot on my ignore list.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:18   #209
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
I just owned you so hard you resulted to ridiculing my education and upbringing, of which you know nothing about, and in the same post accused me of of lacking tact and manners.

I don't care how rude I am when making a point. I have no need for a false sense of superiority. You did not address a single issue I raised. In addition, I don't recall anyone claiming disbelief was not an act nor do I see how it being an act has any bearing on the issue that was being discussed.

And once again you make an assclown of yourself.

Just let it go and walk away. We disagree. You are entitled to use your definition of words, and I'm entitled to use the correct ones.

Because you seem incapable of understanding the written word. Perhaps CW thought a giff would be more productive.

You also didn't bother to address anything from this post.

Oversight? Missed it? Or just maybe you can't because you don't understand the subject well enough? Perhaps you should send your Science teachers a No Thank You card. Attach a copy of your posts just for a hoot.

What is this thing about declaring victory? You call me an assclown and then gripe when I am less than gentle in my response? I will concede that I may have been harsher than necessary, but I'll have to find some way to get over that in the next few weeks or so.

We have different opinions. I simply understand that for some people that are not mislabeled atheistic agnostics, that it truly is a religion. Atheistic proselytizing is their number one issue. It happens.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-09-2013 at 06:34..
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26   #210
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

CavDoc
RussP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Well that's F-ed up. I missed that the first time around. I do like how Russ told him to go piss up a rope but I thought old Doc was better than that. What a tool. This joker just earned the first and only spot on my ignore list.
Yeah, you got me there. My joke backfired a bit.

I have never claimed to be perfect.

I'll do my best to get over it as soon as possible.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-09-2013, 09:15   #211
Syclone538

Asking a mod to ban someone is pretty effin low.

Anyway,

Quote:
atheistic agnostics
Where did you get this term, did you make it up?

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:27   #212
Syclone538

Quote:
In addition, I don't recall anyone claiming disbelief was not an act nor do I see how it being an act has any bearing on the issue that was being discussed.
Lack of faith is not an act. Infants lack faith and have committed no act to do so.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 09:58   #213
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
What's really ironic is that in his last 100+ page rant here in RI on the whole "atheism is a religion" thing, he got reprimanded by the mods and then went on another rant accusing me as the person who reported his posts. It turned out to be someone else, but what this means is that CavDoc is not only a troll and a liar, but he is also a hypocrite.

Last edited by Geko45; 01-09-2013 at 09:59..
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08   #214
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post

Where did you get this term, did you make it up?
It's called putting two words together to express an idea.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."

Last edited by happyguy; 01-09-2013 at 10:08..
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09   #215
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Lack of faith is not an act. Infants lack faith and have committed no act to do so.
Rejecting faith is an act.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14   #216
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Nice sigline. So you've taken to taking statements out of context.
They are your words.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21   #217
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Wow that is tool move. I agree... debating with him is like debating with a retarded 8 year old that refuses to quit eating lead paint chips.

I too shall place him on iggy.

Theory:

Grace:

Big Bang:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26   #218
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
This is really the best gif to describe you and the only feedback you deserve.

Religious Issues
My favorite analogy for debating with CavDoc.

Religious Issues

Old 01-09-2013, 10:42   #219
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
They are your words.
Your sig is misleading to the point of being dishonest.

Quote:
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51   #220
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Your sig is misleading to the point of being dishonest.
G36Shooter's Sig Line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc

it's important to try to convince people that their religion is wrong
Unfortunately he wasn't smart enough to delete the link to the original post. I will reprint the quote in context.

Quote:
Would it be fair to say that you think it's important to try to convince people that their religion is wrong, without taking any action other than discussing it, or would you do something more. Saying that if its not eliminated that it is a threat to freedom seems like a pretty strong statement to me, especially from someone that has made personal sacrifices for freedom.

G36 Sig line is a lie. Typical liberal troll. Sorry G36, you got less than nothing.

And he says I have issues!

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy

Last edited by happyguy; 01-09-2013 at 11:13..

Closed Thread