Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2012, 20:40   #1
Fox
Varmit Control

Obama to make gun control a priority in new term

Quote:
President Obama on Sunday said he would make gun control a priority in his new term, pledging to put his “full weight” behind passing new restrictions on firearms in 2013

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013

Where are all the deceitful sonso*********es here that said Obama was not going to touch the gun control issue?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:14   #2
Adjuster

I am one of the people that a month ago was saying Obama has never done anything to threaten gun rights. I am also one of the people that now understands he has to revisit this issue. He has 50% of the US population demanding some sort of gun control. He certainly can't ignore it.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:25   #3
Fox
Varmit Control

You must have skipped the debate with Romney where Obama promised to abolish assault weapons.

Last edited by Fox; 12-30-2012 at 22:23..
Old 12-30-2012, 21:29   #4
shotgunred
reloading nut

If he can't even put this necessary financial deal together what makes you think he can put a gun ban in place?
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:36   #5
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I am one of the people that a month ago was saying Obama has never done anything to threaten gun rights. I am also one of the people that now understands he has to revisit this issue. He has 50% of the US population demanding some sort of gun control. He certainly can't ignore it.

/
Very well stated. As much as I dislike the man for his economic policies and his questionable patriotism, he did sign into law legal carry in the National Parks. A very dear issue to me. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:39   #6
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

/
He had >50% of the people opposing Obamacare and he certainly ignored the **** outta that.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:56   #7
WarCry

Quote:
Don't bother, I tried that in another thread, and was told that I simply couldn't admit that I was wrong, while the other party (don't recall who) wouldn't admit that Dec 14th changed EVERYTHING about the gun control debate at the national level.

Nothing happened after Tucson. Nothing happened after Aurora. I would say Tucson - with a Congresswoman as a target/victim - was the PERFECT time if he had wanted to push the issue harder, but mag-caps didn't even make it out of committee. But 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds....anyone that can't figure out that that changes things isn't being intellectually honest.

BTW, it changes the DEBATE. I'm not saying that I support a new ban now, but a LOT of other people are, and a lot of politicians are listening. We just have to stay on top of them.
Old 12-30-2012, 22:06   #8
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
You must have skipped the debate with Romney where Obama promised to abolish AWB.

That debate only happened in your head.

Dude, 20 children from 5-7 were murdered, it does not matter who is President as an irrational thing happened and irrational actions will be the result.

You rant about your ARs, 20 families have presents in the house hidden away for children in coffins.

Last edited by FLIPPER 348; 12-30-2012 at 22:07..
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:09   #9
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post

Nothing happened after Tucson.

Nothing happened after Aurora. I would say Tucson - with a Congresswoman as a target/victim - was the PERFECT time if he had wanted to push the issue harder, but mag-caps didn't even make it out of committee. But 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds....anyone that can't figure out that that changes things isn't being intellectually honest.

Also with Tucson a little girl born on 9/11 was murdered. I was shocked nothing was put up but saw the writing on the wall that a ban was on the horizon and planned accordingly.

...did you??
Old 12-30-2012, 22:27   #10
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
Also with Tucson a little girl born on 9/11 was murdered. I was shocked nothing was put up but saw the writing on the wall that a ban was on the horizon and planned accordingly.

...did you??
We knew a ban was coming if your candidate got a second term.

As for the recent shooting, none of the policy makers mentioned the mental health issues. No one mentions that these massacres take place in gun free zones. I know of one school shooting that was ended quickly when a school principle went to his car and got a .45 auto and stopped the murderer.

Last edited by Fox; 12-30-2012 at 22:30..
Old 12-30-2012, 22:29   #11
9jeeps
Fogey

There is a whole lot of NIT WIT voters here that believe the empty O and every word he puts forth.

Get used to it. This guy is just beginning.

How's that working out for ya?
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:30   #12
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

we? ....you got a mouse in your pocket??

The 'we' you speak of also though Obama was going to lose. How about that fictional debate you referenced?? Sorry about all the questions, I tried to use small words.
Old 12-30-2012, 22:41   #13
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
we? ....you got a mouse in your pocket??

The 'we' you speak of also though Obama was going to lose. How about that fictional debate you referenced?? Sorry about all the questions, I tried to use small words.
You voted for the guy that's coming for our guns.

Congratulations. Your side won.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 12-30-2012 at 22:41..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:44   #14
BEANCOUNTER

The problem for Obama and the gun grabbers now is that pesky SCOTUS case of a few years ago, DC v Heller.

I'd guess any legislation restricting weapons in common use, or overreaching with legislation too broad, will end up in the federal courts for years to come.

Heller strongly suggests that weapons protected by the 2A are those in common use. AR-15s certainly meet the definition of a weapon in common use. For millions of us who carried a M-16 when we served in the military, the civilian AR-15 is the rifle we have the most training with (for me the only rifle I've had any training with) and, because of that training, it is probably the safest rifle for many of us veterans to own.

The Heller opinion explained that a constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all. It says that constitutional rights are enshrined with the scope they were understood to have when the people adopted them, whether or not future legislatures, or even future judges, think that scope too broad.

My guess is that Obama and the gun-grabbers will ignore Heller and go after their demon of the moment, the AR, probably magazines, too. They will probably forget all about the mental illness issues common in these mass murders and forget all about how to best protect those in gun-free zones that are unable to defend themselves.
BEANCOUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:45   #15
Ohio Copper

20 dead kindergarteners pisses off a LOT of people.

Folks who were apathetic are now for gun control and want the problem resolved yesterday.

You can spin it any way you want and stick your fingers in your ear and scream until your lungs burst....those are the facts.

Benjamin Franklin
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 22:49   #16
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

You can spin it any way you want and stick your fingers in your ear and scream until your lungs burst....those are the facts.

..or you can make up 'facts' like our friend Fox
Old 12-30-2012, 22:56   #17
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...asures-in-2013

Where are all the deceitful sonso*********es here that said Obama was not going to touch the gun control issue?
Well Duuuuuhhh...... He no longer has to keep up the act.

Quote:
The problem for Obama and the gun grabbers now is that pesky SCOTUS case of a few years ago, DC v Heller.
Since when have they followed the Constitution?

THis regime makes up the rules as they see fit.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Last edited by stevelyn; 12-30-2012 at 22:59..
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 23:55   #18
SIG-SOG

The risk of losing is too great for Obama and he isn't going near it until he incites the lefties to a higher level (the so called national discussion). Then the gun advocates will revolt. And Obama will have accomplished what he really wants - to bring this country down. Guns are just a means to an end.
SIG-SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:04   #19
dango

As a man living what I consider to be a righteous life ,( LIVE AND LET LIVE) , there are some things I am willing to go to jail for !

Should these out outrageous bills move forward , they better have some outrageous number of foot soldiers to do the necessary foot work involved (DOOR TO DOOR) to carry this out!

Good luck Obmination with that one......!

Maybe with their "HIGH" tech gizmos and there sniffing dogs they may to some extend be successful to a certain degree but , I've never seen a dog able to over come ammonia and black pepper to well ! Cache seems a logical solution in some cases........!Nice or nasty , I am very flexible !

Last edited by dango; 12-31-2012 at 06:12..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13   #20
Fox
Varmit Control

Our resident commie says this debate never happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...21b_video.html

Quote:
Mitt Romney and President Obama debated gun legislation, the “Fast and Furious” gun-walking scandal and access to assault weapons during the 2012 town hall Presidential Debate at Hofstra University.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:17   #21
Fox
Varmit Control

You never want a serious crisis to go to waste - Rahm Emanuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
20 dead kindergarteners pisses off a LOT of people.

Folks who were apathetic are now for gun control and want the problem resolved yesterday.

Last edited by Fox; 12-31-2012 at 06:18..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18   #22
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

He can pound sand all he wants, but that won't make any new gun control into law. For now at least.

You can bet any and every tragedy for the rest of Obama's term will be exploited to its fullest extent so Obama can tell us "I told ya so."

But we better hope control of the House can remain in the Red past 2014, and that our SC justices can hold on for another 4 years.

Last edited by Fear Night; 12-31-2012 at 06:20..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:39   #23
Baba Louie

Quote:
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers. Her husband specifically brought up the proposed ban on large magazine clips, and she noted that even former vice president Dick Cheney had suggested that some restrictions on the clips might make sense.

“He just laughed,” Sarah Brady said approvingly of the president. Both she and her husband, she emphasized, had absolute confidence that the president was committed to regulation.
Sarah was right
Quote:
As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time - "particularly with missile defense" - until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.
Missiles, not guns or "assault magazines", but perhaps applicable and comparable after the Sandy Hook Massacre.

No one here should act or be surprised.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:44   #24
glockski

Quote:
Our resident commie says this debate never happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...21b_video.html
He still will not believe it but he does say he prepared for it.
glockski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15   #25
glockski

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Very well stated. As much as I dislike the man for his economic policies and his questionable patriotism, he did sign into law legal carry in the National Parks. A very dear issue to me. HH
Have fun walking around in the National Parks with your muzzle loader
glockski is offline   Reply With Quote