GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42   #1
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Brooklyn Black Ops (beer)

Wow!!!
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:05   #2
pizza_pablo
USN Retired
 
pizza_pablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Western WA
Posts: 2,576
__________________
If liberals don't want us to treat every Muslim like a terrorist, why do they treat every gun owner like the Newtown shooter?
pizza_pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:13   #3
Osborne
NRA Member
 
Osborne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Paintsville, KY
Posts: 1,102
Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
I've heard a lot about it haven't had the opportunity to try.
__________________
Sent from my iPhone
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:22   #4
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,340
Yep, it's a good'n.

If you get the chance, try New Holland Brewery's Dragon's Milk, Bells Brewing Black Note or Founders' Brewing Kentucky Breakfast Stout, too. All of them are fantastic barrel-aged stouts, just like Black Ops.

Last edited by hooligan74; 01-02-2013 at 13:23..
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:55   #5
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Yep, it's a good'n.

If you get the chance, try New Holland Brewery's Dragon's Milk, Bells Brewing Black Note or Founders' Brewing Kentucky Breakfast Stout, too. All of them are fantastic barrel-aged stouts, just like Black Ops.
I hate you fully. None of those are available in Texas.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:34   #6
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,340
Well, Black Note is pretty tough to come by anywhere. Do you not get any Bells or Founders in TX?

There is a brewery in Hickory, NC, that makes a wonderful barrel-aged stout, too. It's called Event Horizon. I'm certain you don't get it in TX, either. Look it up on BeerAdvocate.com and if you're interested in doing a bottle swap, let me know. We have several 750mL bottles from this year's production.
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 14:40   #7
Bello
America/Italia
 
Bello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,206
I had plain old Brooklyn brown and love
__________________
-Rob-
Bello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:24   #8
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Well, Black Note is pretty tough to come by anywhere. Do you not get any Bells or Founders in TX?

There is a brewery in Hickory, NC, that makes a wonderful barrel-aged stout, too. It's called Event Horizon. I'm certain you don't get it in TX, either. Look it up on BeerAdvocate.com and if you're interested in doing a bottle swap, let me know. We have several 750mL bottles from this year's production.
Bells nor Founders have ever been in Texas. I looked on the TABC (our BATF for booze) webpage for confirmation.


What would you like in trade?
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:24   #9
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bello View Post
I had plain old Brooklyn brown and love
I get that but to me Brown beers are thin and lack finish. But they sell well.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 18:18   #10
Bello
America/Italia
 
Bello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
I get that but to me Brown beers are thin and lack finish. But they sell well.
It tastes like Guinness
__________________
-Rob-
Bello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 19:01   #11
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
Bells nor Founders have ever been in Texas. I looked on the TABC (our BATF for booze) webpage for confirmation.


What would you like in trade?

You got any local breweries that bottle their good stuff? Growlers are too much of a pain in the ass to try to ship.

Event Horizon isn't too pricey, $15/bomber, so anything $10-15 a bomber is fine.
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 22:47   #12
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member
 
.264 magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 16,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
You got any local breweries that bottle their good stuff? Growlers are too much of a pain in the ass to try to ship.

Event Horizon isn't too pricey, $15/bomber, so anything $10-15 a bomber is fine.
We have a bunch of Texas breweries. Most I'd tag somewhere between good and very good with a couple inching into the the very good/excellent category. I'll snoop around.
__________________
The Gonzales Flag - "Come and Take It!"
.264 magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,339
366 Members
973 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42