Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-03-2013, 00:03   #1
leadslinger13

this gun ban talk may be the end of my glock 20

This is really got my ass chapped. i thought this was dead if not dying and for the radom sensless acts of a few individuals here we go again. i am not saying that what happened to the victims isn't terrible. We as gun owners know This is not the correct action to pursue.

Look at the response of the country as guns are being sold faster than ever before and now ammo is getting scarce again. Plus the price of hi cap mags is going to go through the roof. it almost seems like a conspiracy to inflate market prices so the already fat cats can line their pockets even further. I know thats not the case but what heck tis my rant and this is still a free country?????? well for now at least.

still the criminals will disobey the law and we the law abbiding will pay.

I refuse to pay a tax stamp, register and get finger printed as though i have committed a crime. seriously i am done.

i am thinking long and hard about selling my semi auto gear and sticking with revolvers,lever and pump guns. serisously !!!!

here is what i am thinking about switching to.....youre advice and or opinons are welcome:

tell me what you think.

1. marlin or rossi 357 lever gun maybe 20 inch barrel for round count (10 in the tube i think). I think the 20 inch barrel will assist in adding more velocity. this will be a good light to medium hunting rifle and do well for self defense. I like to know that it will be a good hard barrier penetrator but i think this round may have some difficulty with that task. still should be good out to 150-200 max. PLus will go well with the gp100 and consolidating calibers

2. A 22lr lever gun in an 16 or 18 inch barrel as i hear that anything longer acutally detracts from velocity. always need a 22 rifle and my mossberg shot gun. both stapela for every gun owner.

3. decided on the a 30-30 lever gun for larger game and reaching out. i think it will do for the 300 to 500. Plus it should double as a nice hard barrier penatrator round. I was thinking about the 45 lc lever but the rounds are so darn expensive and i am still not in a position to reload yet. The 30-30 has been around for ever proven and ammo although up there in price still cheaper than stout or even cowboy loads price 45 lc.

Now i still have my 1911 sweish mauser m96 6 .5 x 55 bolt action for anything possible precision work and if i ever run across an elk ....like that would happen in the desert...still stranger things have happened.

i think a security ten would go well with the redhawk 45 lc 4 inch and a gp100 6 inch.

Now with the sale of all my ammo and semi autos with mags i should be able to create a good deal of ammo stash and maybe even pick up a gp100 in 4 and or 3 inch for conceal heck maybe even on of one those lcr 22lr.

i think that should cover all my desired bases for range , SD and HD and hunting various critters.
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 00:17   #2
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Leads linger, I feel your pain, but don't let the bad Guys and Liberals take YOUR equipment away! People have been using gear similar to the stuff you mentioned above for almost 200 years and defending themselves just fine. I wouldn't feel vulnerable carrying ANY of the pieces you mentioned. In fact, with the revolver and lever actions, you're pretty well armed.

The thing that gets me is that we are already going to have one helluva fight on our hands in the coming months. We don't need one of the good guys voluntarily turning in his gear. This environment sucks. I get it. But keep the good stuff and keep fighting these idiots. The more hi-cap guns in the hands of civilians the better. And yes, I'm a state trooper. :-). We might one day see a situation where the BEST we can own is ol'fashioned weapons, but lets not turn them in just yet!

Last edited by Opie 1 Kenopie; 01-03-2013 at 00:18..
Opie 1 Kenopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42   #3
Maine1

Hey man, don't give in!

Like you i said" I'm not playing" to any more hoops to jump though.

But I will retain ALL my full capacity mags, semiautos, and EBR's. They will have to come and try to take them. I will not register, sell, participate in a BS "buyback" or any of that trash.

I will continue to carry my G-20, daily, with 2 20 round backups. If they make owning a semiauto a crime, i'll add another gun, identical to the first.

DO NOT let someone else dictate what you can own to defend your family!
Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01   #4
leadslinger13

i did my time in the service and i am a life time member fo the NRA and sign every petition i can find. I am just getting tired of feeling like we are pissing in the wind and being held hostage by this political smoking mirrors game. Enough already leave me alone to enjoy my hobby and go spend our tax money going after the real bad guys.
Dam!!!!!
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47   #5
4949shooter

It sounds like you have already made your mind up.

My advice would be to keep at least one semi-auto, like a 1911 if you have one, or your G20.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09   #6
G29SFWTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadslinger13 View Post

i am thinking long and hard about selling my semi auto gear and sticking with revolvers,lever and pump guns. serisously !!!!
What do you think will be next on their list?

edit:

Illinois Dems advance gun control bills; handguns, pump shotguns in ban

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...roup-warns-no/

Last edited by G29SFWTF; 01-03-2013 at 07:57..
G29SFWTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 14:43   #7
jp3975

Dont give up before any legislation is passed. In all likelyhood, nothing will happen that will make it hard for you to own your g20.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 14:52   #8
Leigh

As mentioned, don't give in...
I will not surrender my personal property to anyone. Period.
I write and call my elected officials and I vote.
I will not be labeled a 'kook' by making bizarre statements or public displays or by breaking existing laws.
That said, if the worst happens, I will give up nothing without making it a very grave and serious "hardship" for others.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 15:30   #9
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

I'll put it down plain and simple...Keep your arms. All of them.

They might come in handy when its time to pop a cap in the head of tyranny.
Old 01-03-2013, 18:21   #10
UnitBob

I think the worst you have to worry about is a 10 round magazine limit for your Glock. They seem more intent on scary looking rifles than on handguns.

Last edited by UnitBob; 01-03-2013 at 18:21..
UnitBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:35   #11
leadslinger13

i think its more than a mag limit and if it is the "black rifle syndrom again" then my saiga ,223 vepr .308 and yes even my 10/22 are going to be affected.

the Rodney king riots were precisely what motivated me to get more involved into the shooting sports. the fact that the law just stood by and cordoned off the area and let the masses have their way was shamful.

This continued government desire to get our guns and limit our ability to pursue our second amendment rights is getting tiresome.

we as a people cannot regulate behavior and yet they persist.

Drunk driving one of the biggest killer of young people and the very same people that are supporting the increased gun laws see no issue with this and even provide either the alcohol or the home for the young to drink.

yes, how about the fact that where guns are or have been 100 percent banned have been the highest murder rates in the country. seriously!!!!!!

when will the uninformed blind sheep wake up. the hypocrisy is annoying.

politicians are snakes. Cutting government funding all the while giving themselves a salary increase....spending more money on what???? while we bank role their irresponsible behavior bankrupting this country.

I am waiting to see what the proposed law looks like.

i am just dam tired!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 18:37   #12
Bren
NRA Life Member

Maybe wait until there is a ban, then see what it actually says.
Old 01-03-2013, 20:21   #13
Ryno12
NRA Life Member

I think you're stressing youself out. Nothing has even happened yet (and likely won't) & you're all ready to lay down and roll over. Keep 'em
Ryno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46   #14
TDC20

leadslinger, you need to take a look at this:
http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2...ein-goes-viral

First of all, no new laws have been passed. I have written my reps repeatedly already on several different angles for why more gun laws won't stop "Newtown" massacres in the future. Bans are just a feel-good measure and don't address the problems of mental health and the state of psychiatric care and FDA approved psychotropic medications, which is really where 99% of the blame lies.

I have also seen a lot of internet talk of not giving up weapons and magazines regardless of whatever laws are passed in direct violation of the 2A. Don't be a defeatist. Notify your politicians representing you that you support the 2A and you're watching what they're doing.

Keep the faith, bro.

Last edited by TDC20; 01-12-2013 at 00:51..
TDC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33   #15
Nine Shooter
Average Guy

Don't get rid of anything. That's exactly what those kind of politicians are hoping to accomplish. If anything, acquire more.
Nine Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:20   #16
JuneyBooney

Twenty kids are not enough to really get a serious "ban" through. I would think that a ban as you described would be impossible to enforce and is just the media trying to drive the country. But if you look at it people are already moving on with their lives. The only people that will remember the victims are the families of those who lost family members. Guns are not the problem but it is a fight that we will never be able to stop waging.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 13:06   #17
blastfact

WOW!!!!

You rolling over is what they want. Get in the fight or get out!!! No such thing as riding the middle rail!

The SOB's are not getting a one of my weapons. NOT ONE!!
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:05   #18
Tim808

Like UnitBob, I think the worst that will happen for your G20 is that hi-caps will be banned.

Probably the same for your AR's/AK's, hi-caps may also be banned. I can't see your AR/AK's being confiscated.

I think your state has one of the best chances to avoid a hi-cap ban.

Even if a hi cap ban were to past, an AK/AR with 10 rd mags is still a beast.

By the way, registering, psychological background checks, violence background checks & finger printing isn't so bad.....it does take time but it's tolerable.
Tim808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:10   #19
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim808 View Post

Even if a hi cap ban were to past, an AK/AR with 10 rd mags is still a beast.

By the way, registering, psychological background checks, violence background checks & finger printing isn't so bad.....it does take time but it's tolerable.
Is that you Mrs. Brady ?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 01-06-2013, 18:16   #20
benji

The only thing that will make me consider selling my G20 is if they ban online ammo sales. Then I'm screwed unless I start reloading.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
benji is offline   Reply With Quote