Old 01-03-2013, 15:28   #1
ERASER
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

Marine Writes Letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein: ‘I will not be disarmed’

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/03/marin...isarmed-video/
ERASER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 16:43   #2
seed

Many letters with individual perspectives (especially poignant ones like this) are what is most important. It puts a face on us mere peasants as unique and free individuals, worthy of rights and liberty. To all posters: have you written Feinstein and your reps yet?

If not, do so in a civil manner that would well represent yourself and your fellow like-minded counterparts to anyone who might read what you have written.
seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 17:44   #3
chewybaca67

Send a message via AIM to chewybaca67 Send a message via Yahoo to chewybaca67
Awesome.
Old 01-03-2013, 17:55   #4
Line Rider

Semper Fi!!! Cpl. Joshua Boston
Old 01-03-2013, 18:09   #5
Ruggles

Good letter. Sadly won't do a bit of good in the overall scheme of things but good none the less.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:00   #6
usmc4641
NRA member

Here is what I wrote her:
Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I am a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I served actively from 2000-2005. I have two Combat Action Ribbons from that period. I then served three years as a reserve component of the Marine Corps.
When I joined the Marines, I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all threats, foreign or domestic. It is in this vein that I write you.
We have in place a Bill of Rights, which amongst other things, protects my right to own and bear a firearm. Following the ratification of the United States Constitution, the Second Militia Act of 1792 required all men to register for militia duty, and maintain a weapon of “common bore” to be used in conjunction with their possible military service.
When I turned eighteen, I registered for Selective Service, meeting part of the Militia Act of 1792. As far as maintaining a weapon of “common bore”, well, today that would be an M16 or at least an AR15 with suitable accoutrements such as a bayonet lug and standard capacity magazines. This is necessary, and by law I am essentially required to own these items.
As a member of our armed forces, after having faced down the enemies of this nation and been placed directly in harm’s way for our great Republic, I find it disheartening that you would take such actions as to disarm not only men like myself, but all the other free people of our great nation. I almost said once great nation, but I do not think we have reached that brink just yet.
As an American Citizen, you enjoy the protection of armed personnel, and as I understand you have a carry permit yourself. As to whether or not you actually carry or not, I can only guess. The idea though that you would make use of your rights to defend yourself, and then compel every other American to be disarmed is quite disturbing, almost disgusting.
I have a one year old daughter and wife whom I am obliged to defend till the last full measure should there be any threat to them. You do not have the right to disarm me. You do not have the right to compel me to register my firearms, so that on a whim they may be confiscated.
I worry about the country my daughter will be living in if led by people like you. I truly am concerned that she will be a member of a nanny state, existing at the pleasure of her government.
Please remember Senator, you serve us, the People. It is not the other way around.
Sgt Eric C Ely USMC
Old 01-03-2013, 19:22   #7
MarinePride

Psychiatric exam? This is how the former Soviet Union dealt with disidents, that and the gulag. We aren't far from that here if you question the wisdom of an elected "public servant".

"They serve the people." I wonder how many of them REALLY think that. They are there serving themselves and feathering their own nests at the same time.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 19:49   #8
harlenm

Shared on Facebook, thanks for posting.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 3
harlenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:57   #9
Fungunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePride View Post
Psychiatric exam? This is how the former Soviet Union dealt with disidents, that and the gulag. We aren't far from that here if you question the wisdom of an elected "public servant".

"They serve the people." I wonder how many of them REALLY think that. They are there serving themselves and feathering their own nests at the same time.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a developing pattern. Google Brenden Raub. They may go after the well-trained veterans, first.

George Bernard Shaw
Fungunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:11   #10
GlockinNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc4641 View Post
When I joined the Marines, I swore an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States, from all threats, foreign or domestic. It is in this vein that I write you.

Sgt Eric C Ely USMC
F'N A!!! Great letter. That's exactly what this is - a domestic threat to our Constitution.
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 20:33   #11
NEVRL8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
F'N A!!! Great letter. That's exactly what this is - a domestic threat to our Constitution.
I agree and SGT Ely, thank you for your service.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 21:32   #12
Wolfdad

Excellent letter!
Wolfdad is offline   Reply With Quote