Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-23-2013, 17:17   #1
Garweh
CLM Number 1
Charter Lifetime Member

Concerned citizen response to an active shooter at Sig Sauer Academy

Hi All:

I attended a 3 day course presented by TDR Concepts at the Sig Sauer Academy in Exeter, NH. This course included classroom instruction, live-fire exercises, hand-to-hand scenarios, and force-on-force scenarios using simunitions. I can honestly say that I had an awesome experience!

Todd Rassa and Joe Stagner, the owners of TDR Concepts, are both extremely knowledgeable professionals. Todd is a very experienced law enforcement officer, including a 5-year stint as part of his agency's "BAU." Joe has over 80 professional kickboxing and boxing matches to his credit and he has extensive experience in executive protection and security.

These gentlemen run a class operation. Safety is paramount and is emphasized at every turn. The live-fire exercises progress from the basic to the more sophisticated in a logical and predictable manner as dictated by the abilities of the students. The hand-to-hand exercises emphasize "structural damage" and staying out from "in front of the hole" (muzzle). Very practical and, potentially, lifesaving!

If you have never done any training with simunitions, you MUST try it sometime! This training is extremely realistic and challenging. If you do not perform, you MAY be shot! Safety is paramount and all participants wear head, face, neck, chest, and back protection. Men should wear "cups" as testicular rupture from a simunition round is a possibility.

So, my thanks to Todd, Joe, Mickey, and Sarah for an excellent experience. I look forward to training with them at a date in the near future!
Garweh is offline   Reply With Quote