GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 14:54   #1
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
How many of ya all are followers of new religion

How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship? Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created. Some guy called Zecaria Sitching “translated” some Sumerian tablets and declared that some aliens created humans.

It is being propagated by media. Just watch movies “Knowing”, “Mission to Mars” and others. I am surprised how many people are already brainwashed into new religion but they do not even realize that they are religious yet.
They just want to believe in some kind of creator that does not come up with Ten Commandments.
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 14:55   #2
cesaros
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: next to USMC03Grunt
Posts: 867
Why did a new religion have to be created to explain life?

Don't the other 1,923,332,098 religions explain it just fine?

I do like reading Stichins books though!

I certainly believe in life outside our solar system...we live in an infinite universe, you'd be naive to believe otherwise.
__________________
The 1st and 2nd Amendments:

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.

Last edited by cesaros; 12-30-2012 at 14:57..
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 15:00   #3
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,672
Some people believe ape like hominids are running around the woods scaring people. I know it scares the hell out of me when wood knocks on wood.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 15:10   #4
JBnTX
None
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 13,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post

How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship?

You bring up a good point, because the latest, greatest religious craze is that aliens created life on Earth.

They think aliens tinkered with our DNA, and they were the ancient gods like Zeus and Ra. They even think that Moses and Jesus may have been aliens.

The believers have their own TV show on The History Channel called Ancient Aliens.

Don't fall for it, because it's just the most recent atheist tactic being used to discredit God and religion.

I'm sure the Devil has a hand in it too.

..

Last edited by JBnTX; 12-30-2012 at 15:13..
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 15:50   #5
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You bring up a good point, because the latest, greatest religious craze is that aliens created life on Earth.

They think aliens tinkered with our DNA, and they were the ancient gods like Zeus and Ra. They even think that Moses and Jesus may have been aliens.

The believers have their own TV show on The History Channel called Ancient Aliens.

Don't fall for it, because it's just the most recent atheist tactic being used to discredit God and religion.

I'm sure the Devil has a hand in it too.

..
Yes the devil and bigfoot are both in on it.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 15:59   #6
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by G26S239 View Post
Yes the devil and bigfoot are both in on it.
No. Anunaki must have missed a few when he turned monkeys into humans.




.

Last edited by Kozel; 12-30-2012 at 16:00..
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:03   #7
kenpoprofessor
Senior Member
 
kenpoprofessor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ex POW in the PRK now N. Phoenix AZ
Posts: 4,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You bring up a good point, because the latest, greatest religious craze is that aliens created life on Earth.

They think aliens tinkered with our DNA, and they were the ancient gods like Zeus and Ra. They even think that Moses and Jesus may have been aliens.

The believers have their own TV show on The History Channel called Ancient Aliens.

Don't fall for it, because it's just the most recent atheist tactic being used to discredit God and religion.

I'm sure the Devil has a hand in it too.

..
Hmmm, should you be worried about the salvation of your own soul? It's people like you, Muslims, Communists, and a few others I'm worried about killing my country. Your religious zeal isn't any different than a devout Muslim, and with the same clarity of purpose.

No doubt, you, and people like you, are just as hazardous to our liberty as any democrat, demon, or even the devil.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
__________________
"Occasionally, Mr. Darwin offers a spontaneous IQ test, some people fail."
kenpoprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:18   #8
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship? Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created. Some guy called Zecaria Sitching “translated” some Sumerian tablets and declared that some aliens created humans.

It is being propagated by media. Just watch movies “Knowing”, “Mission to Mars” and others. I am surprised how many people are already brainwashed into new religion but they do not even realize that they are religious yet.
They just want to believe in some kind of creator that does not come up with Ten Commandments.
Could you provide a reference to the paper which shows that evolution has failed to explain the origin of life?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:24   #9
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

Don't fall for it, because it's just the most recent atheist tactic being used to discredit God and religion.

I'm sure the Devil has a hand in it too.

..
Why would a group of people(atheists) that call religion a myth/lie due to the absence of a single bit of evidence, then turn to something which also has no evidence to discredit it?

I don't need to lie to discredit religion, when the truth already does a fine job at it.
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 16:30   #10
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Could you provide a reference to the paper which shows that evolution has failed to explain the origin of life?
Could you provide any evidence at all paper or not paper of life coming from non organic chemicals?

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosit...intheory.shtml

Last edited by Kozel; 12-30-2012 at 16:31..
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 17:05   #11
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
Could you provide any evidence at all paper or not paper of life coming from non organic chemicals?
I can provide any number of experiments investigating the possibility.

Should I conclude that your answer to my question is "no, I can't"?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 17:06   #12
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship? Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created. Some guy called Zecaria Sitching “translated” some Sumerian tablets and declared that some aliens created humans.

It is being propagated by media. Just watch movies “Knowing”, “Mission to Mars” and others. I am surprised how many people are already brainwashed into new religion but they do not even realize that they are religious yet.
They just want to believe in some kind of creator that does not come up with Ten Commandments.
Hey Kozel,

I have no Idea how "life" started. Nobody does.

Aliens are a possibility. I knew an old Korean War vet that believed it was aliens. Had something to do with what he saw in the war. He died with that belief. Good good man. It does not really matter what you believe about how it all started. No one knows. It is that simple.


.
__________________
Bickford Schmeckler: ******* tyranny of logic!
http://tentmaker.org

Last edited by NMG26; 12-30-2012 at 17:09.. Reason: He for I
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:16   #13
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
I can provide any number of experiments investigating the possibility.

Should I conclude that your answer to my question is "no, I can't"?
You cannot answer the question but you believe in something that you do not know to be a fact. Religious zealocy of this level is something that I simply cannot comprehend. You actually believe and base your whole worldview on mere “possibility”. Most shockingly you even base not only this life but an eternity (or “possibility” that there is none) on nothing more then theory created by people that are just as confused as you are and backed by nothing if you truly investigate it.

I believe in facts. I believe in what I have seen with my own eyes. I did not see God but in my younger years meddling in some occultist stuff I saw absolute, undeniable, clear and present reality of Evil. Only then I realized that if this is real then God must be real too. Only then I realized that evil side is not the one I want to be on. What I had to go through to get to the other side I could write book about but you will not believe any of it. You believe in “possibilities” and “impossibilities” facts you can neither experience for yourself nor you can believe from words of others. Denial is the world you live in.
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:27   #14
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
Hey Kozel,

I have no Idea how "life" started. Nobody does.

.
I do. I know it for a fact.

I did not see the Creator but I did see those who want to destroy His creation. You can see it for your self if you want. The only thing that stops you if FEAR.

To see reality you can either go to God without fear of loosing what you think you cannot live without or you can go to Satan with very clear possibility of loosing something you really cannot live without.
I must warn you. if you go the second route chances of you coming back are VERY slim.
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:33   #15
dbcooper
Senior Member
 
dbcooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship? Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created. Some guy called Zecaria Sitching “translated” some Sumerian tablets and declared that some aliens created humans.

It is being propagated by media. Just watch movies “Knowing”, “Mission to Mars” and others. I am surprised how many people are already brainwashed into new religion but they do not even realize that they are religious yet.
They just want to believe in some kind of creator that does not come up with Ten Commandments.

The problem with the aliens did it agrument is you still have to explain where the aliens came from,

I guess it could be aliens all the way down
__________________
A broad brush paints a lousy picture, lacking the nuance and details of life's realities. As a young man my paints were black and white, with age came a palette holding many shades of gray.
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:47   #16
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcooper View Post
The problem with the aliens did it agrument is you still have to explain where the aliens came from,

I guess it could be aliens all the way down
That is the question I would like to ask all the alien worshipers. Who created the aliens?

If you do not know the answer then you are the religious nutcase believing in something you know nothing about!

Possibility of life coming together from non-organic matter simply by chance just does not exist. Complexity of the simplest form of life is so far removed from simplicity of most complex form of non-organic matter that “chance” is simply an impossibility.

If you believe that Swiss watch can come together from pile of iron ore after millions, billions of years of lighting strikes and chemical reactions you are an insane nutcase. Most simple life form is a whole lot more complex then the watch.


.



.

Last edited by Kozel; 12-30-2012 at 21:11..
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:59   #17
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
You cannot answer the question but you believe in something that you do not know to be a fact.
I can't answer the question because the answer is not yet known. Not knowing something doesn't mean we should default to a supernatural explanation. I also don't believe in anything in this regard. I am open to where ever the evidence may lead. If you have evidence that life originated with some supernatural being, please do share it.
Quote:
Religious zealocy of this level is something that I simply cannot comprehend. You actually believe and base your whole worldview on mere “possibility”. Most shockingly you even base not only this life but an eternity (or “possibility” that there is none) on nothing more then theory created by people that are just as confused as you are and backed by nothing if you truly investigate it.
What are you talking about? What theory is it that you believe has no backing?
Quote:
I believe in facts.
Like the observed commonality of all life?
Quote:
I believe in what I have seen with my own eyes.
Such as the observed instances of evolution?
Quote:
I did not see God but in my younger years meddling in some occultist stuff I saw absolute, undeniable, clear and present reality of Evil. Only then I realized that if this is real then God must be real too.
Please detail your reasoning. The existence of evil perhaps implies the existence of good. How do you make the leap that it somehow implies the existence of the Christian God?
Quote:
Only then I realized that evil side is not the one I want to be on. What I had to go through to get to the other side I could write book about but you will not believe any of it. You believe in “possibilities” and “impossibilities” facts you can neither experience for yourself nor you can believe from words of others. Denial is the world you live in.
I'll ask again, do you have a reference to support your positive claim, "Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created."?
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:00   #18
NMG26
Senior Member
 
NMG26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NM
Posts: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
I do. I know it for a fact.

I did not see the Creator but I did see those who want to destroy His creation. You can see it for your self if you want. The only thing that stops you is FEAR.
What is it that you think I fear?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
To see reality you can either go to God without fear of loosing what you think you cannot live without or you can go to Satan with very clear possibility of loosing something you really cannot live without.
I must warn you. if you go the second route chances of you coming back are VERY slim.
I do go to God without fear.
Going to Satan is not an option for me. I don't believe in a dualistic supreme being. One good and one bad.

For me it is all good.

Now how is it that you can prove how life came to be. I am interested in the proof you say you have.
__________________
Bickford Schmeckler: ******* tyranny of logic!
http://tentmaker.org
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:01   #19
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 14,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
I do. I know it for a fact.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:21   #20
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
You believe in “possibilities” not facts so you most definitely do not know what fact means.

Life is created. It is a fact. There has to be a Creator. You may not like Creator that gave you Ten Commandments to live by (for your own good by the way) but if you believe that life came together by chance you are simply insane.

There is no scientific explanation for origin of life. There is just isn't any. It is a fact.



.

Last edited by Kozel; 12-30-2012 at 21:29..
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:31   #21
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
You bring up a good point, because the latest, greatest religious craze is that aliens created life on Earth.
Latest and greatest? Don't read much do you? Chariots of the Gods?

Honestly JBnTX, many of us have forgotten more than you know.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:36   #22
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
What is it that you think I fear?

.
Reality


Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
I do go to God without fear.
Going to Satan is not an option for me. I don't believe in a dualistic supreme being. One good and one bad.

For me it is all good.

.
Again. You fear reality. You set your mind on denial and you want to stay there. Just because you deny reality it does not mean that it will seize to exist. You do not create reality, you can only discover it. Reality is independent of you and your beliefs.



.

Last edited by Kozel; 12-30-2012 at 21:37..
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:39   #23
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
How many of ya all are followers of new religion of Alien worship? Since Evolution failed to explain the origin of life new pseudo-religion had to be created. Some guy called Zecaria Sitching “translated” some Sumerian tablets and declared that some aliens created humans.

It is being propagated by media. Just watch movies “Knowing”, “Mission to Mars” and others. I am surprised how many people are already brainwashed into new religion but they do not even realize that they are religious yet.
They just want to believe in some kind of creator that does not come up with Ten Commandments.
Makes as much sense as anything in the Bible.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:42   #24
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozel View Post
Reality

Again. You fear reality. You set your mind on denial and you want to stay there. Just because you deny reality it does not mean that it will seize to exist. You do not create reality, you can only discover it. Reality is independent of you and your beliefs.
A talking snake, a world wide flood and a 900 year old man are reality?
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 12-30-2012 at 21:43..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:46   #25
Kozel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 46.58N 121.75W
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Makes as much sense as anything in the Bible.
Did you even read it? Probably not. You just heard some people say that it is no good.

Bible is not the destination, it is only a guide. If you follow the guide you can reach reality. If you reject it you can wallow in denial all your life.
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:07.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,384
409 Members
975 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42