Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 18:24   #41
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
The Republican party should drop all the high moral & religiosity crap. They are losing people by the droves.

I don't like the fact that the morals of the country are decaying as they are, but the Republicans are going nowhere if they think it's the government's role to enforce these things and tell people how to live their lives. They should take on more of the ideas of the Libertarians - less government, period.
I think that is a load of malarkey handed out by the libs and swallowed by the masses as a means of broadbrushing Republicans. Every time a Republican running for Dog Catcher in Peckersnot Tennessee makes a statement like "God wants us to look after the dogs' the liberal media jumps all over it. How many Democrats are atheists, socialists, communists and you don't see the media spinning that up.

Most Republicans don't give a **** about the things they are accused of. The Republicans don't run ON an 'anti-abortion" platform but they are ACCUSED of it by the media in a sort of "Do you still beat your wife ?" manner.

If the Republican Party cannot draw people away from SantaBama, as far left as they are, how can anyone more fiscally conservative convince a large portion of the 47% that they need to cut their benefits and pay some?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:29   #42
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,440
Blog Entries: 1
But it is that kind of thing that caused Romney to lose the female vote. They were afraid he would go after the abortion issue because of his religious beliefs. If the republicans want to get those votes back they should just say they have no interest in attacking Roe v Wade.
Of course if they say that, they will lose the christian repblicans who DO want to overturn Roe v Wade.


Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I think that is a load of malarkey handed out by the libs and swallowed by the masses as a means of broadbrushing Republicans. Every time a Republican running for Dog Catcher in Peckersnot Tennessee makes a statement like "God wants us to look after the dogs' the liberal media jumps all over it. How many Democrats are atheists, socialists, communists and you don't see the media spinning that up.

Most Republicans don't give a **** about the things they are accused of. The Republicans don't run ON an 'anti-abortion" platform but they are ACCUSED of it by the media in a sort of "Do you still beat your wife ?" manner.

If the Republican Party cannot draw people away from SantaBama, as far left as they are, how can anyone more fiscally conservative convince a large portion of the 47% that they need to cut their benefits and pay some?
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:43   #43
SCmasterblaster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Hartford, Vermont
Posts: 16,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
But it is that kind of thing that caused Romney to lose the female vote. They were afraid he would go after the abortion issue because of his religious beliefs. If the republicans want to get those votes back they should just say they have no interest in attacking Roe v Wade.
Of course if they say that, they will lose the christian repblicans who DO want to overturn Roe v Wade.
Hey, I'm a BA Christian and I vote based solely on the 2nd Amend.
__________________
Gun Ownership Offers Freedom in Many Dimensions
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:56   #44
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,440
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Hey, I'm a BA Christian and I vote based solely on the 2nd Amend.
Oh, I hear you. I'm pretty much a one issue voter too. But it seems as though we have our wagon hitched to a horse that is possibly no longer a winning horse.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:03   #45
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by G17Jake View Post
They have to, in my opinion, or they may as well join the Democrat Party.
That's basically what's been happening. Both parties are slowly aligning as one. Yeah, they put on a show for the tv cameras but behind closed doors is a different story. Both parties are taking bribes from the same people to do what they want them to do.
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:10   #46
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I think the biggest problem the Republican Party has is it's inability to find a Reaganesque statesman to run. If John McCain and Mitt Romney are the best we have to offer we are in a far deeper hole that, even if we drop the hot topics of abortion and religious fundamentalism, we will never get out of.
There was somebody. Ron Paul was running. The lie stream media didn't cover him at all. Yet he got more people at his rallies than Romney and Obama combined.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ron Paul Media vs Reality.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	230199
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:27   #47
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Here's video proof of how popular Ron Paul is. Yet he was ignored by the media and republican party and was cheated from being nominated as the republican canidate.

youtube.com/watch?v=fIP-ibpRYIY

Last edited by P.K.; 01-05-2013 at 19:30..
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:44   #48
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,440
Blog Entries: 1
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt

Last edited by frank4570; 01-05-2013 at 19:45..
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 19:44   #49
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
P.K. your argument is self-defeating. If he was that popular, then there must not have been a problem with his getting the word out.

He failed to get the votes in the primary, it's just that simple.

Political Issues
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:03   #50
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
P.K. your argument is self-defeating. If he was that popular, then there must not have been a problem with his getting the word out.

He failed to get the votes in the primary, it's just that simple.

Political Issues



You will believe anything broadcast into your head by the media that you complain about being biased.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:11   #51
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
In all my years of politics I have never seen such a delusional group of losers .

Their "Superman" couldn't win a primary, got maybe 1-2 % of the popular vote and they are still clinging to him and claiming "he coulda been a contender", and spinning up conspiracy theories about why he totally flopped.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:22   #52
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
P.K. your argument is self-defeating. If he was that popular, then there must not have been a problem with his getting the word out.

He failed to get the votes in the primary, it's just that simple.
He did get the votes. However the republican party committed political suicide to prevent Ron Paul from being nominated. Also with that rule change delegates can no longer vote their conscious and are bound. That is the kind of rule that is in suit with a dictatorship. Here's video evidence showing proof of this fraud.


P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:31   #53
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 17,440
Blog Entries: 1
P.K., you can whine all you want. You can't really argue with the success of the republican party.....................oh, wait..
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:34   #54
sharkbait22
Senior Member
 
sharkbait22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rockledge, FL
Posts: 213
There are too many neocons and Fox News zombies on this forum to be open to the fact that their beloved Republicans committed any type of fraud.
sharkbait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:36   #55
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
In all my years of politics I have never seen such a delusional group of losers .

Their "Superman" couldn't win a primary, got maybe 1-2 % of the popular vote and they are still clinging to him and claiming "he coulda been a contender", and spinning up conspiracy theories about why he totally flopped.

There is no theory about it. The video evidence is in front of you. You have no idea how detremental that rule change is do you? I tell you what, if that rule change had been in place in 1980 then that would have silenced Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan would have never became president.
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 20:39   #56
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K. View Post
There is no theory about it. The video evidence is in front of you. You have no idea how detremental that rule change is do you? I tell you what, if that rule change had been in place in 1980 then that would have silenced Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan would have never became president.
In the general election, with all the fanboys you claim, able to vote for whomever they wanted, he drew such a miniscule amount of votes it says it all.

Public displays of denial just makes the whole Libertarian movement look like a bowl of Fruit Loops.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:46   #57
P.K.
Senior Member
 
P.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
In the general election, with all the fanboys you claim, able to vote for whomever they wanted, he drew such a miniscule amount of votes it says it all.

Public displays of denial just makes the whole Libertarian movement look like a bowl of Fruit Loops.
You know, I can fill this entire thread with video evidence and testimonials from people who actually witnessed voter fraud in the delegate process of each state. It's all on youtube taken with camera phones during each state caucus. I've already posted video showing how the RNC scripted the rule change with the teleprompter yet you refer to me as the one who is in denial. Unlike you at least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. BTW I'm a registered Republican.
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:52   #58
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,924


Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K. View Post
You know, I can fill this entire thread with video evidence and testimonials from people who actually witnessed voter fraud in the delegate process of each state. It's all on youtube taken with camera phones during each state caucus. I've already posted video showing how the RNC scripted the rule change with the teleprompter yet you refer to me as the one who is in denial. Unlike you at least I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. BTW I'm a registered Republican.
Paul didn't have the support necessary to win. But that being said, I am against voter fraud. I am for the guy with the most votes winning.


Look at the results from the Texas Primary. Paul didn't get near enough to be considered a serious candidate.


Barraka Claus won. Sad, but true.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:53   #59
nursetim
Senior Member
 
nursetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: liberalville N. M.
Posts: 7,528
So you are for our present potus doc?
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. - I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.
Starting a forum for medical people, I'd like to call it doc talk. We need 50 folks to give it the :thumbsup: .
9 and counting.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 21:54   #60
pugman
Senior Member
 
pugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Sig line....
.
This.

To the OP - what can they possibly change to?

The republican party doesn't need to change because politicans have performed the 2nd greatest trick ever played..

They have convinced the American populace 1) there are only two parties to vote for 2) all a person's woes and problems are the other party's fault 3) they care about you and they have the plan which will make everything in your life rainbows and unicorns

If they continue to lose elections as a party they can 1) always change sides 2) can always convince a portion of the population they are the last line of defense against the other "evil" party 3) cash in those political favors.

Imagine next election the Republican party won every Congressional/Senate seat up for grabs; they won the presidency - how will things change?

You can argue Obama is leaving them with a mess (he will) - but are they suddenly going to uniformly cut/balance the budget, lower taxes and gut the welfare rolls - nope.

The Federal Government today is a game of musical chairs - get in, take what you can, as much as you can, as fast as you can, as long as you can. Whomever is left when the bow finally breaks - everyone will blame them...
__________________
Now when asked when I think things will change I answer "The next time Thomas (aka the fed) robs Peter (aka the 53%) to pay Paul (aka the 47%) and Peter pulls a gun...things will change"

Last edited by pugman; 01-05-2013 at 21:55..
pugman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 983
244 Members
739 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31