Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:32   #1
Bill Powell
CLM Number F
Cross Member

I just can't stop doing stupid stuff

A few days ago i decided to thrill my wife by showing her my kitchen skills while she was at work. Well, I surprised me, twice.

I loaded the dishwasher and put in the soap, and I do mean soap. Sitting there on the counter in broad daylight was a bottle of green Palmolive dishwashing soap. not dishwashing deterrgent for machines.

When I went back about an hour later the entire kitchen floor was covered in about and inch of white foam. It took me and hour to clean it up. When I got the floor dry I fired the washer up on rinse cycle, and it did it again. Took me another hour to clean up the second layer of foam.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38   #2
Cubdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Powell View Post
A few days ago i decided to thrill my wife by showing her my kitchen skills while she was at work. Well, I surprised me, twice.

I loaded the dishwasher and put in the soap, and I do mean soap. Sitting there on the counter in broad daylight was a bottle of green Palmolive dishwashing soap. not dishwashing deterrgent for machines.

When I went back about an hour later the entire kitchen floor was covered in about and inch of white foam. It took me and hour to clean it up. When I got the floor dry I fired the washer up on rinse cycle, and it did it again. Took me another hour to clean up the second layer of foam.
Bill, thanks for the laugh! Sounds like something I'd do.

-Pat
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40   #3
RedTop

I bet the dishes were clean. LOL.
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44   #4
azbuckeye

You tried to help.....You gotta get points for that much!
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
azbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:49   #5
dango

Do not feel alone ! Last night , the wife a I were watching a "BAD-GUY" movie .I loaded up my 30 with snap caps and would assist the "GOOD-GUY" ! I got my "pinky" finger stuck in the ejection port ........Ouuuuch , this goes write along with "Fire is HOT" Thing...! Oooouuuuch...!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:00   #6
woodasptim

Dishes got cleaned, kitchen floor got cleaned. I bet she was thrilled!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:00   #7
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

I hope your wife appreciates that you cleaned the kitchen floor.
No need to mention the other stuff.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03   #8
Grumpy Gardener

Every cloud has a silver lining Bill; at least you won't be asked to do dishes anymore!
If and when I meet a new gal, I make sure to cook a couple of times, after that, I don't have to do it anymore!

gg.

Last edited by Grumpy Gardener; 01-04-2013 at 12:04..
Grumpy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09   #9
dango

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodasptim View Post
Dishes got cleaned, kitchen floor got cleaned. I bet she was thrilled!
The best of the "Human-Factor"-(FLAWED) at work here !
Also , go human race , you've turn the Optimistic eye !
We are special..! Now about that finger ? Still soul searching ?.........Well , I still got a finger..!
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:15   #10
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Quote:

My sister on her honeymoon put some bubble in the hot tub in the room.......... just she would if did a bubble bath.........there were ALOT of bubbles. It ran over the balcony and onto the ground 2 floors below her room.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:46   #11
Adjuster

I have done the exact same thing but only once. It sure seems logical that dish soap would be ideal for the dishwasher. How do all those bubbles get out of the dishwasher?

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:09   #12
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:

You know what's worse than that? The fact that, having read that story, I'm entertaining thoughts of trying that when I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:10   #13
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Bill at least You figured out how to keep yourself busy. Sounds like a good activity for the long, dark, winter nights

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.

Last edited by Nestor; 01-04-2013 at 13:18..
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:17   #14
Slackinoff

You can use palmolive/dawn in a dishwasher without making a mess as long as you dose the machine @ 3-5 drops maximum. I am what you would call an "expert"
Old 01-04-2013, 13:23   #15
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Yeah, that is how I do it as well. That way you never have to do it again!

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:32   #16
M&P15T
Beard One

Bill, it was just two birds with one stone.

Far from stupid, you're a genius. Celebrate your hard work and good fortune at finding a great way to do the dishes and clean the floor at the same time.....twice!!!
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:40   #17
Bill Powell
CLM Number F
Cross Member

Three to five drops? That little cup with the door on it held three, three ounces. Yes, that floor is clean.
Old 01-04-2013, 14:18   #18
CitizenOfDreams

Pix or it didn't happen.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 14:23   #19
okie
GT Mayor

We have all messed up a time or two Mr. Bill
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 14:24   #20
PBCounty

Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
You should see what happens when you're 17 years old and you toss a Costco size box of Tide into the decorative foutain outside of your local country club.
Old 01-04-2013, 14:45   #21
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:

Next time, turn on the ceiling fan or put a box fan in front of it for an hour and it will be gone. Then mop the floor with just water. Its a LOT easier. How do I know????
Wellllllll, as posted earlier, I too am somewhat of an expert. 3-5 drops. Lessons learned!!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 14:49   #22
Bruce M

Hmmm so you mean the stuff specifically marketed as "dishwasher detergent" is not just marketing hype??
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 15:09   #23
Bill Powell
CLM Number F
Cross Member

I don't know about that, PBCounty, but I do know what happens when you dump a box of bubble bath in the city fountain in the middle of Kaiserslautern, Germany.
Old 01-04-2013, 15:13   #24
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

No big deal............Now you know................

(I just read of others experience and have no need to replicate theirs. I do, however, make my own epic disasters, sometimes while knowing better)

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 15:14   #25
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:

We all know how it is, brother. Human error is a relevant part of life.

Sent from the Duke City using OHM
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote