Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-06-2013, 13:52   #1
radmonkeyx

Ugh

Been saving my money for a few months to get a colt 6920. Then all hell breaks loose and I can't find one unless I want to spend $2k. Just venting, wanted one for a while. I check Walmart regularly and other places hoping to get lucky. Sorry for venting, needed to do it somewhere and I refuse to overpay right now. Maybe I will get lucky and stumble onto one. Market hall prices were crazy. Congrats to all those who scored them one, hate you...kidding
radmonkeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:17   #2
larson1122

Keep checking walmart every couple days and make sure to ask the person in sporting goods each time. I've heard that they keep trickling in every couple days a few at a time and they don't always put them up on display, but might have one in the back if you ask.
larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:21   #3
radmonkeyx

Good call on asking about in the back. Guy at wally has been really cool when I call so far. I'm sure he will be glad once I get one
Old 01-06-2013, 18:23   #4
mjkeat

You just need to know where to look. Do you have a friend that works around them? I was able to purchase a OD anodized 6920 and M&P Sport for a decent price.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:41   #5
NickC50310

Send a message via AIM to NickC50310
Also be sure to get in your email on the wal mart site. I planned on buying an m&p 15t in january or february. That obviously aint happenin now. You need to figure out a pattern at one of your local stores. Ask around. Ask the clerks when ars come in. Wal mart has no pattern for when ars arrive i dont think but most of the other big box stores will usually have a pattern. I figured one out and scored a bushmaster carbon 15 for 700. Going to see what i can score next week.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
NickC50310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:32   #6
radmonkeyx

Yeah, I did the email thing and I have a few buddies looking and keeping their ears open. Just need to get lucky at this point. Thanks for all the ideas!
Old 01-06-2013, 19:53   #7
mjkeat

Also try getting in w/ someone at the store. Usually they (most companies) receiver a manifest for each truck ahead of its arrival.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31   #8
radmonkeyx

I finally got one! called stores regularly and seems i always missed them. a buddy heard bass pro was getting some in. went and stood in line and they got 3 colts plus 10 others. i bought a Colt LE6920MP. really stoked to get my first AR. now the fun of picking out a site(thinking eotech), green laser, light and other gizmos...and finding ammo. just wanted to share and tell others to keep at it, they are out there.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41   #9
nathanours
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmonkeyx View Post
I finally got one! called stores regularly and seems i always missed them. a buddy heard bass pro was getting some in. went and stood in line and they got 3 colts plus 10 others. i bought a Colt LE6920MP. really stoked to get my first AR. now the fun of picking out a site(thinking eotech), green laser, light and other gizmos...and finding ammo. just wanted to share and tell others to keep at it, they are out there.
Very nice! I got my Colt LE6920 for $900 about 4 years ago. Not much point of having a green laser with a red dot sight. I'd put a few hundred rounds through the gun first to see what you want to change. The first upgrade I made was a magpul pistol grip.

Black Rifle Club #1989

Last edited by nathanours; 02-06-2013 at 12:42..
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47   #10
bobbss

Quote:
Congrats!
bobbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 18:26   #11
bmoore

Quote:
Congrats. EOTech or Aimpoint PRO, sling and maybe a good quality light on it and you will be dialed.
Old 02-06-2013, 18:41   #12
mjkeat

Your Colt is a great firearm. Like bmoore said (not so many words) don't go dragging it through a CTD catalog.
Old 02-06-2013, 18:52   #13
bmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Your Colt is a great firearm. Like bmoore said (not so many words) don't go dragging it through a CTD catalog.
I am stealing that line.
Old 02-06-2013, 20:23   #14
radmonkeyx

Thanks all. Good point on laser & red dot, only need one. Funny about ctd
Old 02-06-2013, 20:30   #15
Ruggles

And remember when you speak to the folks at the store honey is better than vinegar to make friends. Guys acting like jerks that are somehow due the next AR that comes in are not likely to go to the front of the line if you know what I mean.

Also look latter in the evening, some stores are putting out ARs not first thing in the morning when the resellers are trying to buy them but in the evening when normal buyers might get them.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:49   #16
samuse

Sling. Light. Optic.

In that order. Nothing else really adds anything to a carbine for CQ use.

Sling.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...etal-hardware/

Sling swivels.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...ton-qd-swivel/

QD socket for the hand guard.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...oe-hand-guard/

QD socket for the stock.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...-mount-n-slot/

Light.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...l-by-surefire/

That's about $250 for a good sling and light setup.

It's sounds like a lot, but you'll never 'outgrow' that stuff and it's good kit.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33   #17
nathanours
Texan

I've got long fingers and don't shoot much with gloves. The stock grip was too thin and put my trigger finger too far into the trigger guard. My accuracy improved when I bought a magpul MIAD grip that was larger. It also has a compartment in the handle for extra batteries, rounds, or an extra bolt.

Also, if you hike much with the gun as I do, you'll want to find a decent sling setup. I've got a magpul MS3 with a Troy mount at the base of the buffer tube.

I don't bother running a light as the added weight wasn't something I wanted when hiking around. It really depends on what you want to do with the gun.

I've got two optics setups that I used for different situations. The first is an Aimpoint PRO with the Larue mount, and Magpul MBUS in the rear. Right now the gun is set up for long range shooting. Here is what it looks like now:

Black Rifle Forum

What you really should do it just shoot it and see what you want to change. It all depends on what you'll be doing with the gun. There is no right answer for everyone.

Black Rifle Club #1989
nathanours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:23   #18
radmonkeyx

this place is awesome. people always helping out the noobs. thanks again!
Old 02-07-2013, 15:54   #19
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Congrats. Hopefully the price was okay, Bass Pro is usually pretty high on firearms prices, but even their old price would be pretty good today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuse View Post
Sling. Light. Optic.

In that order. Nothing else really adds anything to a carbine for CQ use.

Sling.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...etal-hardware/

Sling swivels.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...ton-qd-swivel/

QD socket for the hand guard.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...oe-hand-guard/

QD socket for the stock.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...-mount-n-slot/

Light.
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...l-by-surefire/

That's about $250 for a good sling and light setup.

It's sounds like a lot, but you'll never 'outgrow' that stuff and it's good kit.
I agree. Don't go hanging all kinds of stuff on the rifle until you get some ammo and get out there to shoot it, preferably with some training.

A sling and a light are the basics, optic optional and next on the list.

JMO

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 20:00   #20
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Would you say the same about Magpul? I just updated a '92 vintage 20" Colt AR15-A2 Sporter II with Magpul's UBR stock and Moe Forearm and grip. It really makes the guns ergonomics much better. My wife did not enjoy shooting it because she is so petite (5' 0" tall).

I am keeping all the A2 furniture in case I ever decide to sell it.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote