Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:21   #184
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'm anti LEO who hide behind the law.
Leos enforce the law, laws put in place and tested through the courts as the constitution requires.

What imaginary law has he enforced that you deem unconstitutional, I carry a Copy of it and missed the certified funds knows all part.
Old 01-09-2013, 19:21   #185
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Leos enforce the law, laws put in place and tested through the courts as the constitution requires.

What imaginary law has he enforced that you deem unconstitutional, I carry a Copy of it and missed the certified funds knows all part.
You just explained it perfectly.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 01-09-2013, 19:24   #186
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Those crimes wouldn't be necessary if the drugs were readily available. The drug laws MADE those crimes lucrative.
You don't think street drugs are readily available?

Also - People may listen to your constitution argument seriously if you were to back it up with a full explanation and fact. Just saying "It's not constitutional" over and over does not help.

It's like an employee who comes to a manager saying "It's not fair!" - but won't explain in an intelligent adult conversation.

Last edited by Sharky7; 01-09-2013 at 19:29..
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:30   #187
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
You don't think street drugs are readily available?

Also - People may take you and your constitution argument seriously if you were to back it up with a full explanation and fact. Just saying "It's not constitutional" over and over does not help.

It's like an employee who comes to a manager saying "It's not fair!" - but won't in an intelligent adult conversation.
I have explained it using the text of COTUS and dispelling popular belief of fictitious powers of government . I met no argument. Just nanny nanny boo boo. If you think you can prove that Judicial Review is a legitimate power or that the Federal Government has other powers not granted to it by the COTUS contrary to the 10A I'm all ears.

In all honesty you are late to the party and really not providing anything to the conversation so you'll excuse me if I doubt you will be able to debate the above mentioned issues any better than the others.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:33   #188
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

I'd shut my mouth on it forever if you can point to the section of the COTUS that grants the fed this power OR explain why alcohol prohibition required a constitutional amendment but marijuana prohibition didn't.

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-09-2013 at 20:54..
Old 01-09-2013, 19:37   #189
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
I have explained it using the text of COTUS and dispelling popular belief of fictitious powers of government . I met no argument. Just nanny nanny boo boo. If you think you can prove that Judicial Review is a legitimate power or that the Federal Government has other powers not granted to it by the COTUS contrary to the 10A I'm all ears.

In all honesty you are late to the party and really not providing anything to the conversation so you'll excuse me if I doubt you will be able to debate the above mentioned issues any better than the others.
How is your comparison any different to the evolving case law of the criminal justice system and the 4th amendment?
Old 01-09-2013, 19:45   #190
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
How is your comparison any different to the evolving case law of the criminal justice system and the 4th amendment?
There isn't one. The SCOTUS has no legitimate power to determine the constitutionality of any law or change it's definition or alter the BOR in the least. It simply doesn't exist.

Old 01-09-2013, 19:48   #191
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'd shut my mouth on it forever if you can point to the section of the COTUS that grants the fed this power OR explain why alcohol prohibition required a constitutional amendment but marijuana prohibition didn't.
Ask your President. He is the Constitutional scholar...He certainly knows the answers.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:49   #192
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Ask your President. He is the Constitutional scholar...He certainly knows the answers.

We all know the answers. Some of us can admit while others won't.

Old 01-09-2013, 19:52   #193
RussP

Quote:
There isn't one. The SCOTUS has no legitimate power to determine the constitutionality of any law or change it's definition or alter the BOR in the least. It simply doesn't exist.
It does have the authority to rule on cases, though, correct?

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:53   #194
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
You understand the comparison then? Should a federal law enforcement officer be only limited by these words:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Who decides what is reasonable and what is not?

The Constitution is the framework for our country and government.

frame·work /ˈfrāmˌwərk/
Noun

1. An essential supporting structure of a building, vehicle, or object.

2. A basic structure underlying a system, concept, or text: "the theoretical framework of political sociology".

I understand your argument...but I do not agree with it.
--------------------------

Now....Why do you believe so many other countries on Earth have laws against illegal drugs for their society?
Old 01-09-2013, 19:56   #195
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
You need to read the constitution specifically Article 3 section 2..

....you obviously do not understand it.
Old 01-09-2013, 19:57   #196
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
It does have the authority to rule on cases, though, correct?
Certain cases yes. Not all cases.

Here is the Judicial Branch authority in it's entirety. This is it's constitutional limit.

Article III.

Section. 1.

The judicial Power of the United States shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section. 2.

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;-- between a State and Citizens of another State,--between Citizens of different States,--between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Section. 3.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Old 01-09-2013, 19:58   #197
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
You need to read the constitution specifically Article 3 section 2..

....you obviously do not understand it.

Uh huh.

Old 01-09-2013, 20:00   #198
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
You understand the comparison then? Should a federal law enforcement officer be only limited by these words:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Who decides what is reasonable and what is not?

The Constitution is the framework for our country and government.

frame·work /ˈfrāmˌwərk/
Noun

1. An essential supporting structure of a building, vehicle, or object.

2. A basic structure underlying a system, concept, or text: "the theoretical framework of political sociology".

I understand your argument...but I do not agree with it.
--------------------------

Now....Why do you believe so many other countries on Earth have laws against illegal drugs for their society?
You do understand that BOR is a Federal restriction not a State restriction right?

What does your STATE constitution say about it? That should be your first argument.

Old 01-09-2013, 20:05   #199
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

I suppose somewhere you'll point out where federal law enforcement is provided for in the Constitution as well.

You know, like the Navy?

Old 01-09-2013, 20:09   #200
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Here's the list of powers that congress has. I can't find the FBI in there.

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.