SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:47   #41
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.
When I was 17 it was easier to get any given drug than alcohol or cigs. You had to have someone that was older buy those. No one carded for drugs.

I never tried drugs but knew plenty who did.

I wonder how many parents/familiy members have been called over a dead kid/relative due to the gang/cartel violence that comes with drugs being illegal?

How many 17 year olds die because they drove drunk? Ban alcohol?

I dont think the death tolls would go up if drugs where legalized. Most people know its bad for you and will kill you. Kids would have to get someone who's 21 to buy as opposed to just knowing who sells.

You'll always have some idiots who will do the harder stuff. Their funeral.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51   #42
skew12

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
You lead a sheltered life.
Lol at living a "sheltered life" while being around drugs.
skew12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10   #43
voyager4520
-----

Quote:
You lead a sheltered life.
Ok, let me rephrase that. I've never met one person who's tried it who thinks it should be illegal, but that alcohol should be legal. The only people I've met who think it should be illegal are people who've never tried it and people who think all drugs including alcohol should be illegal.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15   #44
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager4520 View Post
I've never met ONE person who's tried it who actually thinks it should be illegal. Alcohol is far worse.

I have dealt with a bunch of people who jammed a gun in someone's face, took their purse and then kicked grandma in the face after she gave up the purse who did not think what they did was wrong either.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:15   #45
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Ok, let me rephrase that. I've never met one person who's tried it who thinks it should be illegal, but that alcohol should be legal. The only people I've met who think it should be illegal are people who've never tried it and people who think all drugs including alcohol should be illegal.
Let me rephrase as well. You really have lead a sheltered life.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19   #46
voyager4520
-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
I have dealt with a bunch of people who jammed a gun in someone's face, took their purse and then kicked grandma in the face after she gave up the purse who did not think what they did was wrong either.
I'm not even sure what you just said. You're equating robbery and assault to smoking a plant?
Quote:
Let me rephrase as well. You really have lead a sheltered life.
And you disagree but can't really make an argument?

Last edited by voyager4520; 01-08-2013 at 10:21..
voyager4520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:20   #47
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
When I was 17 it was easier to get any given drug than alcohol or cigs. You had to have someone that was older buy those. No one carded for drugs.

I never tried drugs but knew plenty who did.

I wonder how many parents/familiy members have been called over a dead kid/relative due to the gang/cartel violence that comes with drugs being illegal?

How many 17 year olds die because they drove drunk? Ban alcohol?

I dont think the death tolls would go up if drugs where legalized. Most people know its bad for you and will kill you. Kids would have to get someone who's 21 to buy as opposed to just knowing who sells.

You'll always have some idiots who will do the harder stuff. Their funeral.
I was 6 the first time I got drunk. When I got older I would sneak alcohol every chance I could but you can only get away with that for so long. I started smoking weed and doing other drugs when I was 13 because they were easy to get but alcohol was always what I prefered. When I got my fake ID at 15 I went almost exclusively with drinking, smoking on occasion if it was going around at a party or such but I could take it or leave it.

I haven't had either since April 13 1993. If one of my kids was going to use one or the other and it was up to me to decide which it would be weed.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22   #48
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
And you disagree but can't really make an argument?
Argue what?

That because you have never met anyone who has said something, and that you happen to agree with this point, that this requires a rebuttal?

Okay, I have never met anyone who thinks like you do.

There, now we are even.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:24   #49
voyager4520
-----

Quote:
Argue what?
That's my point. You disagree but can't make a contradictory argument. Instead of making a contradictory argument you attack the person making the statement by saying "you've lived a sheltered life".

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you fit into one of these two groups:

Quote:
1. people who've never tried it
2. people who think all drugs including alcohol should be illegal.

Last edited by voyager4520; 01-08-2013 at 10:34..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30   #50
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Drugs are common and readily avalible, and easy enough to get. People will get them regardless of legality. People will say banning it keeps people from doing it, it doesn't. Your rather going to break the law and get it or you will care about your health and wellness and avoid it.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:49   #51
Detectorist

Murder is illegal yet relatively common here in the U.S.

Have the laws stopped murder? Should we legalize murder? If the standard for passing laws is total prevention, then nothing can be illegal, can it?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 01-08-2013 at 10:54..
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53   #52
voyager4520
-----

I don't think smoking a plant and killing someone are very similar.

Last edited by voyager4520; 01-08-2013 at 10:54..
Old 01-08-2013, 10:58   #53
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Crime in general is still rolling end, should we end the war on crime?

INTELLECTUAL HONESTY TIME.

Arguing from a zero sum stance is disingenuous.

The goal with laws is to REDUCE a specific behavior/action (such as: Murder, Assault, Theft, Burglary, Robbery, Drug Abuse).

/]

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07   #54
Rustin

Not LEGALIZE, DECRIMINALIZE.

What we are doing is a total and complete failure. All it succeeds in doing is sending people to criminal college, where they get more connections, learn more about drugs and crime, and get ripped.They come back as drug warriors! It creates the uselss dea and other agencies.

We have more people in prison than china and russia combined. There is a fundamental problem with how we address drug usage in this country. We shouldn't put a joint smoker in prison next to murderer's and rapists. People will always do drugs. We need to find out a better way to deal with it.
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12   #55
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post

What we are doing is a total and complete failure. All it succeeds in doing is sending people to criminal college, where they get more connections, learn more about drugs and crime, and get ripped.They come back as drug warriors! It creates the uselss dea and other agencies.

We have more people in prison than china and russia combined. There is a fundamental problem with how we address drug usage in this country. We shouldn't
put a joint smoker in prison next to murderer's and rapists. People will always do drugs. We need to find out a better way to deal with it.
I learn something new on the Internet every day.
Can you tell us how often this happens?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:38   #56
rdrkt

About as often as they have to let violent repeat offenders go to make room for first time drug users....

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
rdrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:55   #57
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Crime in general is still rolling end, should we end the war on crime?

INTELLECTUAL HONESTY TIME.

Arguing from a zero sum stance is disingenuous.

The goal with laws is to REDUCE a specific behavior/action (such as: Murder, Assault, Theft, Burglary, Robbery, Drug Abuse).

/]
Uh huh...now, tell me, one of those things is not like the other. Which is it and why?

Laws don't work on sick people.

Last edited by John Rambo; 01-08-2013 at 11:55..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56   #58
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Wouldn't legalization accomplish the same goal, without the huge population of people in prisons?
Well for certain drugs I would say probably. I relate this to marijuana for instance and the 2 states now allowing it to be purchased legally to the alcohol during the prohibition days. I don’t do drugs nor have I ever tried them with the exception of stuff prescribed to me so other than being a LE officer I have limited use experience. With that being said we can see how the new laws affect the states that just legalized marijuana and if it works and is continued to be allowed then other states can use it as a template.

The flip side to that of course is other drugs, meth, bath salts, cocaine and what not I would not agree would need to be legal. Making them illegal has not really helped the issue but making them legal would be a bad thing in my honest opinion.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-

Last edited by spcwes; 01-08-2013 at 11:59..
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01   #59
glockdoc21

I have spent most of the last four years my life in emergency rooms. The amount of money that is wasted on alcoholics is STAGGERING. On drug addicts..not so much. Usually the bad druggies are drunk too. I truly despise alcohol for the amount of damage that I have personally seen it do to families. I just had to tell a wife last week that her husband had severe Brain damage because he wrecked while drunk...you all paid for his care too (his medical bills will be in the hundreds of thousands). Being concerned about drugs while allowing alcohol to be legal is insane.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13   #60
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post

We have more people in prison than china and russia combined. There is a fundamental problem with how we address drug usage in this country. We shouldn't put a joint smoker in prison next to murderer's and rapists. People will always do drugs. We need to find out a better way to deal with it.
Can you please advise of the joint smoker in prison??

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote