Prohibitionists against Liberty.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20   #62
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Theory vs. Real life experience

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21   #63
PocketProtector

Nasty ......but......

Their choice.

If looking in a mirror doesnt change em.....no law will.

Last edited by PocketProtector; 01-08-2013 at 12:22..
PocketProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:33   #64
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post

Not theory, individual liberty should be protected up until such actions affect another.

Theory would be stifling another's liberty and hoping it will correct a perceived unfavorable action. We've seen decades of how this theory has failed.

Of course no one's going slay the golden goose.

Old 01-08-2013, 13:06   #65
9jeeps
Fogey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Who decides who is a responsible adult?

YOU DO! Behave your self. Society rules aren't that hard to follow. If you don't behave responsibility you come up looking like those pictures.
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:15   #66
dbcooper

Quote:

I was 6 the first time I got drunk. When I got older I would sneak alcohol every chance I could but you can only get away with that for so long. I started smoking weed and doing other drugs when I was 13 because they were easy to get but alcohol was always what I prefered. When I got my fake ID at 15 I went almost exclusively with drinking, smoking on occasion if it was going around at a party or such but I could take it or leave it.

I haven't had either since April 13 1993. If one of my kids was going to use one or the other and it was up to me to decide which it would be weed
Old 01-08-2013, 13:53   #67
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Good thing it's not legal, so no one can use it!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 13:59   #68
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The question isn't whether or not drugs are bad; it's whether or not drug laws have a positive or negative effect on health, liberty, violent crimes, property crimes, etc. It's a complex issue so more effort should be put into studying it using statistics. And we need to get people to think about it with comprehensive critical thinking.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 14:58   #69
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

Our family got a knock on the door by cops at 4 in the morning telling my parents their oldest daughter died in a a drunk driving car accident.

Should we try prohibition again?

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:01   #70
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

I'm neither a proponent of, nor am I anti anti-marijuana. That said, the reasoning for making marijuana illegal way back in the second and third decades of the 20th century was so as to keep white women from fornicating with black men.

I kid you not folks.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:03   #71
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Crime in general is still rolling end, should we end the war on crime?

INTELLECTUAL HONESTY TIME.

Arguing from a zero sum stance is disingenuous.

The goal with laws is to REDUCE a specific behavior/action (such as: Murder, Assault, Theft, Burglary, Robbery, Drug Abuse).

/]
ugh....

war on drugs = stopping CIA's competition.

war on crime = militarization of Police

no child left behind = indoctrinating a new generation of sheeple

and on and on it goes
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:06   #72
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
Our family got a knock on the door by cops at 4 in the morning telling my parents their oldest daughter died in a a drunk driving car accident.

Should we try prohibition again?
So you tell me what the solution is?

Would your sister still be here today?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:19   #73
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Not theory, individual liberty should be protected up until such actions affect another.

Theory would be stifling another's liberty and hoping it will correct a perceived unfavorable action. We've seen decades of how this theory has failed.

Of course no one's going slay the golden goose.
That's what he was talking about - real life experience.

Almost all our residential burglaries, car burglaries, retail thefts, thefts, etc are motivated by drug addiction. You can legalize heroin, but you can't stop addiction and tolerance. Users will continue to use more and more and require more money to purchase their drugs. Once they burn through their bank accounts and steal everything they can from their family - they will be stealing from you.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:19   #74
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Good thing it's not legal, so no one can use it!
It is legal in two states.

The federal laws hold no constitutional authority as there is no power for the federal government to regulate drugs.

You can argue for a centralized authority and back unconstitutional laws or you can argue for the COTUS and the 10A. There really isn't any grey areas. The same can be said for Judicial Review it's simply a power the SCOTUS granted themselves and convinced you to be binding.

Old 01-08-2013, 15:21   #75
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
That's what he was talking about - real life experience.

Almost all our residential burglaries, car burglaries, retail thefts, thefts, etc are motivated by drug addiction. You can legalize heroin, but you can't stop addiction and tolerance. Users will continue to use more and more and require more money to purchase their drugs. Once they burn through their bank accounts and steal everything they can from their family - they will be stealing from you.
Those crimes wouldn't be necessary if the drugs were readily available. The drug laws MADE those crimes lucrative.

Old 01-08-2013, 15:22   #76
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Murder is illegal yet relatively common here in the U.S.

Have the laws stopped murder? Should we legalize murder? If the standard for passing laws is total prevention, then nothing can be illegal, can it?
The difference is murder is malum in se, ingesting a substance is malum prohibitum. There's a big difference between poisoning yourself and poisoning someone else.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:25   #77
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Those crimes wouldn't be necessary if the drugs were readily available. The drug laws MADE those crimes lucrative.
Are you saying "readily available" as in free? So we should give out free heroin as a country?

Users will still need money to buy dope. You think once you are deep into heroin addiction you will be going to work everyday and only using what is on your paycheck to purchase your dope?
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 15:26   #78
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Are you saying "readily available" as in free? So we should give out free heroin as a country?

Users will still need money to buy dope. You think once you are deep into heroin addiction you will be going to work everyday and only using what is on your paycheck to purchase your dope?

Do you really need me to walk you through the process of making something less expensive? Do you really think there is a shortage of drugs or is the risk so high that it equates to greater cost?

Old 01-08-2013, 15:27   #79
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

I hope you don't think I care if someone has the ability to buy and use enough dope to kill themselves.

Old 01-08-2013, 15:28   #80
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

I like to think of it as gene pool cleansing set to automatic.