Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 16:44   #101
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Or, we could use the system set up in the CONUS and let the Supreme Court decide what is constitutional or not (I admit it's not as efficient as just letting you decide).

Do you think you are the only person in the whole country who doesnt have an opinion on what is constitutional or not? Are you really arrogant enough to think that your opinion is better than anyone elses?

You like the Constitution as a cafeteria plan. I like it the way it was set up, even when I disagree with how it plays out from time to time.
Please point out this particular power of the SCOTUS.

Oh that's right. Judicial Review is NOT a power of the Judicial Branch of government. It's just another overreaching power grab by the federal government. Like I said... we just run along and make **** up as we go now.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:48   #102
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
Please point out this particular power of the SCOTUS.

Oh that's right. Judicial Review is NOT a power of the Judicial Branch of government. It's just another overreaching power grab by the federal government. Like I said... we just run along and make **** up as we go now.
I know you really think that. It doesn't make it true.

I know you think you should get to decide. That doesn't make that true, either.

That's two dimensional thinking. Three dimensional thinking would be realizing what it would mean for that to actually be the way we decided what the CONUS means.
Old 01-08-2013, 16:52   #103
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
The people who scream the loudest for decriminalization are the furthest from having to deal with it.

Those on here who scream about the legalization of drugs and how it is unconstitutional have never had to tell parents that their 17 YO daughter overdosed and was found dead in a Walmart bathroom.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
credit to ohio. the most poingant post on drugs i've ever read. tragic, and informative.
Old 01-08-2013, 16:56   #104
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I know you really think that. It doesn't make it true.

I know you think you should get to decide. That doesn't make that true, either.

That's two dimensional thinking. Three dimensional thinking would be realizing what it would mean for that to actually be the way we decided what the CONUS means.

10AThe powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The powers of the Judicial Branch of government are in ArtIII:

Section 1: The judicial power of the federal government is "vested in one supreme court, and in such inferior courts as the congress may from time to time ordain and establish." Section 1 of article 3 establishes that judges shall hold their office as long as they demonstrate good behavior. It does not, however, specify what good behavior is. Federal judges shall be compensated for their services and their compensation shall not be lowered during their term of service.

Section 2: The first paragraph of article 3, section 1 was modified by the 11th amendment and is no longer valid. The Supreme Court holds original jurisdiction in cases affecting ambassadors, public officials, and individual states. In all other cases, the Supreme Court has appelate jurisdiction, which means they only hear cases that have been decided at a lower level and have been appealed. All crimes shall be tried by a jury and shall be held in the state where the crime was alleged.

Section 3: Section 3 of article 3 sets forth the penalty for treason: "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court." Section 3 also gives Congress power to enact laws for the punishment of treason and limits the punishment to include only the responsible individual.

No where is the mention of Judicial Review found. I know you'd like it to be in there and that you would like to make those sort of decisions but you can't.

Save your dimensional argument and try working with black and white for a little bit. I'ts not as confusing as you'd like it to be.

Old 01-08-2013, 16:57   #105
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
credit to ohio. the most poingant post on drugs i've ever read. tragic, and informative.
Sycophant or easily moved individual?

If mj was legal, 17 years old teenagers would not be legally able to purchase it. Additionally, do you know how many 17 year old teens commit suicide with a gun? Let's ban guns too right?
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:59   #106
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post

If mj was legal, 17 years old teenagers would not be legally able to purchase it. Additionally, do you know how many 17 year old teens commit suicide with a gun? Let's ban guns too right?
coke isn't legal, neither are crank or heroin. how do 17 year olds get that?
Old 01-08-2013, 17:00   #107
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Keep making excuses for violations of our law and then complaining about those same violations of GT.

Quite entertaining.

Old 01-08-2013, 17:03   #108
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post

How do you OD on marijuana???

Marijuana is a minor misdemeanor here, the charge is rarely worth the summons it's written on. Now, drug paraphernalia for MJ is a minor misdemeanor as well. Same as a speeding ticket.

You're another one. Fingers in your ears and screaming as loud as you can. How many dead kids who overdosed have you stood over as a delivery driver??

How many cranked out people have you fought with?

A kid with a 400$ a day pill habit broke into a police car to try to steal the MDT. He was taken from the jail to the hospital because if he stayed in custody he'd have died.

You sit in the luxury of your home and scream about the constitution and you do NOTHING to help the problem.

How about the guy who OD'd and his five year old was wandering around the front yard???

I could go on an on but only a few people here understand.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:04   #109
jp3975

Quote:
Obviously because its illegal and no one cards for it.

Its easier for a kid to get coke than alcohol and cigs.

For a kid to get alcohol, he/she has to have a buddy who's 21.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:06   #110
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Keep making excuses for violations of our law and then complaining about those same violations of GT.

Quite entertaining.
It's a good thing what you type on a computer has no bearing on the real world.

You can go on and on and on...please do.

It's still illegal and I will still arrest people for it. Thanks for playing.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Old 01-08-2013, 17:08   #111
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
How do you OD on marijuana???

Marijuana is a minor misdemeanor here, the charge is rarely worth the summons it's written on. Now, drug paraphernalia for MJ is a minor misdemeanor as well. Same as a speeding ticket.

You're another one. Fingers in your ears and screaming as loud as you can. How many dead kids who overdosed have you stood over as a delivery driver??

How many cranked out people have you fought with?

A kid with a 400$ a day pill habit broke into a police car to try to steal the MDT. He was taken from the jail to the hospital because if he stayed in custody he'd have died.

You sit in the luxury of your home and scream about the constitution and you do NOTHING to help the problem.

How about the guy who OD'd and his five year old was wandering around the front yard???

I could go on an on but only a few people here understand.

Yeah don't let the abusers take personal responsibility for their actions no instead violate the COTUS and tell us how we could never understand how hard it is for you. Compelling.

Old 01-08-2013, 17:09   #112
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
It's a good thing what you type on a computer has no bearing on the real world.

You can go on and on and on...please do.

It's still illegal and I will still arrest people for it. Thanks for playing.

Hey, you got mouths to feed. I get it. Someone has to violate our liberties and numb us to the overreach of power. Who else better than you?

Old 01-08-2013, 17:10   #113
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Yeah don't let the abusers take personal responsibility for their actions no instead violate the COTUS and tell us how we could never understand how hard it is for you. Compelling.
How again am I violating the constitution???

I'm enforcing the laws enacted by the state of Ohio.

So you mean to tell me that all of the millions of people arrested for drug offenses they've had their constitutional rights violated? How so?

You can't be that stupid.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 17:11   #114
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Hey, you got mouths to feed. I get it. Someone has to violate our liberties and numb us to the overreach of power. Who else better than you?
You're absolutely right.

Every now and then I work enough to go on a nice vacation too.

What is it you do?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 17:11   #115
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Long story short: The CIA sets up puppet regimes in other countries (e.g., Afghanistan) to grow the raw product. They then create a homeland "war on drugs" in order to militarize the police forces here in the uSA so as to eliminate the domestic productions of drugs (e.g., marijuana), which these domestic crops cut into the CIA's profit margin. Then you bring in wall street bankers and the ultra rich to launder the drug money. Then...

Oh wait... I said long story short huh? Sorry. The CIA, by proxy, sells the drugs to the 17 year old kids here in America.
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-08-2013 at 17:11..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:14   #116
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
How again am I violating the constitution???

I'm enforcing the laws enacted by the state of Ohio.

So you mean to tell me that all of the millions of people arrested for drug offenses they've had their constitutional rights violated? How so?

You can't be that stupid.

You didn't read the link yet did you?

Quote:
You're absolutely right.

Every now and then I work enough to go on a nice vacation too.

What is it you do?

Oh I'm a roof inspector. I've never done anything as broad and reaching as say law enforcement or military

Old 01-08-2013, 17:18   #117
Ohio Cop

Quote:
You didn't read the link yet did you?

Oh I'm a roof inspector. I've never done anything as broad and reaching as say law enforcement or military
Nah, probably not going to waste my time either. That's just a fairy tale.

Tell you what, chief. I've got a felony drug possession x2 that is in the early stages. Haven't even gotten to grand jury yet. Feel free to represent the guy and pull that argument.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 17:20   #118
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Nah, probably not going to waste my time either. That's just a fairy tale.

Tell you what, chief. I've got a felony drug possession x2 that is in the early stages. Haven't even gotten to grand jury yet. Feel free to represent the guy and pull that argument.

Yeah, no sense in realizing the problem is that no one cares about the actual law anymore. Better just to stuff that in the back seat and get back to the business of busting heads. Have a great time with your investigation! Be safe.

Last edited by syntaxerrorsix; 01-08-2013 at 17:21..
Old 01-08-2013, 17:24   #119
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Yeah, no sense in realizing the problem is that no one cares about the actual law anymore. Better just to stuff that in the back seat and get back to the business of busting heads. Have a great time with your investigation! Be safe.
No one cares about any law or the safety of others.
Very few do and most of them are POLICE, FIRE or EMS.

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:

Last edited by Ohio Cop; 01-08-2013 at 17:25..
Old 01-08-2013, 17:27   #120
Ohio Cop

Being a roof inspector how much experience do you have with drugs and drug crime? Property crime?

Benjamin Franklin
Quote: