GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00   #126
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No Sarge... what I am hung up on is that Cav-Pa has apparently been following Gunhaver around with this for years. ...

...

....
Is this the part that I am supposed to start calling you a liar for six pages or something like that. Check Gunhaver's join date out. Jan 2012.

"Years"? You know something I don't know? Like maybe his previous screen name he used back then?
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:00   #127
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I don't see a discrepancy, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I've been on this board for years, I don't remember Doc ever pestering Gunhaver about his handle.
Not his handle but apparently a professional lie that Gunhaver is guilty of. One that is truly of no consequence. But to put it really simply you aren't aware of all the aspects of the beef and you're coming in blindly swinging on one side without all the info. If you don't see the big deal maybe you ought to let it go.

Quote:
Yes, Doc and I are both ex-military medical. You can call it bro code if you want (ya hippie ), I just call it respect. Doc and I disagree plenty, and it's gotten nasty at times, but regardless of our disagreements, I respect his military service, his chosen profession, and the fact that he went from being an enlisted man to becoming a commissioned officer. None of those are easy tasks.
Don't confuse taking issue with the terminology with a lack of respect for service. I have plenty of respect for soldiers. BUT you are in error if you're referring to a PA as a Doctor. Just because it's done in the military is far from saying it's correct. You're either a Doctor or you aren't. I don't care what military tradition states. My father became an instant Major after Med School. They drafted him for Vietnam but apparently allowed him to finish Med School because they were in bad need of Doctors. I believe he was offered a promotion when his time was up but he wanted to work in the private sector. I'm sure people called him Doc too. But he actually was one.

Quote:
I'm sure becoming a CPA isn't easy either, but to me it just doesn't compare.
No one is trying to. But would you go around saying you are one? What if I went around saying I was a Sarge or a Marine when I had not ever even been in the military. Wouldn't you call me a poser or something similar? Wouldn't you say I hadn't EARNED the title? You wouldn't think it was disrespectful to those that had earned the title? What if I wanna start calling myself War Vet? What about that? Is it different if it's NOT acceptable in the military?


Quote:
If you knew some of the nomenclature that existed in the military, you'd know that some of it is VERY imaginative, to the point of ridiculousness at times.
I just quit listening after a while. Two of my good friends are servicemen. One is still in as a Sargent in the Army. He's been to Iraq (Twice I think) and has been a drill instructor. The other a Marine... think he was only in for 4 years but he says once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine... can't argue with that. They start talking all these abbreviations and half words with numbers and I just tune them out.

Quote:
which is why I don't understand how you can take this so seriously.
Then why do you have a dog in this fight?

Quote:
No, he never was nor is he now an actual Doctor. But to say that no one cares about military jargon but military folk, or that the jargon doesn't fly anywhere but the military is the most ignorant thing I've heard for some time. You can't turn on the TV, pickup a newspaper, or read an internet forum - let alone a GUN forum - without being inundated with military jargon. It is literally everywhere. That you may not know where some words and phrases originated doesn't change where they came from.
Good for you guys. But he ain't a Doctor.

Quote:
Ask a wounded soldier if he thinks calling the guy who saved his life 'Doc' is accepting a low standard. Dare ya.
Don't be so sensitive. You're trying to turn this into a lack of respect for the military and it isn't. It's kinda like Al Sharpton calling you a racist for not voting for Obama. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Quote:
I see the difference, I just don't accept that it is any kind of a problem.
Then why do you care?

Quote:
I'm sure. I don't worry about anybody being followed or stalked on a forum unless they ask me for help. Did Gunhaver ask for your help? I rather doubt it, I've never seen him have any trouble holding his own against anyone.
He's become a buddy on here. Cav-Pa is set out on some kind of witch hunt for him. I'm gonna back him up. Do your friends NEED to ask you to help them?

Quote:
I've tangled with Doc many, many times. I don't think he's ever stalked me, or called in his goon squad. Then again, I may not be quite the adversary you guys are?
Watch... it won't be long before Certified Funds, Mad Dawg what's his name, or one or two others pile in from PI. They got like a stupid little GT gang.

Quote:
I can see where it would get annoying and tiresome having things you've said used against you, dragging one thread into another, etc. But, it's how debates are won.
Not here. It's how you turn a room against someone and nothing but personal attacks fly from that point. I offered one opinion in a PI thread... Cav-PA followed me in and made sure everyone knew I voted for Obama and that guns were not my number one priority, he also made false claims about things I ahd said about cops, and from that point on I think only Qman was interested in actually hearing my point of view. Everyone else piled on. He only means to stir up trouble and whip up a fight. He trolls. And if I get accused of that for fighting fire with fire so be it. But he's been at it for a HELL of a lot longer than I. Like YEARS. He's got a long list of people who simply don't talk to him anymore. He even tried to get Gunhaver banned until a mod put him in his place.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 06:12..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04   #128
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Not sure when it started but not for years yet. You can rest assured that if he stuck out "atheism is a religion" for as long as he did then we probably will have an anniversary soon.
Apologies, when you said it was back when you were twenty I assumed it had been being drug around here as long. Apologies also to Cav-PA for the error. Nevertheless Cav-Pa has plenty of people that won't talk to him because he's a trouble maker.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 06:28..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:10   #129
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'm not a scientist but my degrees are in science. It is worth acknowledging that there is far more science that we don't understand than that which we do.

While science and faith are unrelated or contradictory, science and God aren't.

Science can't define prove or disprove love but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist
Love is a word. It has only the meaning we give it. We can prove that the emotions that we label with the word love do in fact exist.

God is supposed to be a being... not a feeling... and there hasn't been a single shred of evidence found that such a being exists. And in fact many of the phenomenon that have been attributed to God... we now know happened naturally without the need for such a being. God is a supernatural concept. It has no place in Natural Science.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19   #130
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,722


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Love is a word. It has only the meaning we give it. We can prove that the emotions that we label with the word love do in fact exist.

God is supposed to be a being... not a feeling... and there hasn't been a single shred of evidence found that such a being exists. And in fact many of the phenomenon that have been attributed to God... we now know happened naturally without the need for such a being. God is a supernatural concept. It has no place in Natural Science.
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely. Not everyone experiences it. Yet it is there.

We can at least model and measure subatomic particles and invisible waves.
certifiedfunds is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31   #131
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
You don't think he really has Docs name stuck in his craw do you? I suspect that G36 is being a bit facetious by continuing to make issue out of something that is nothing in a rather obsessive manner. Giving Doc a taste of his own medicine so to speak. I also call him Cav PA because he liked playing around with different versions of my name at one time but he's had to move on to urging others to background search me now because that doesn't amuse him anymore. Doc has some serious issues with dishing it out and not being able to take it. 36 is just clinging to a definition and standing up for his right to his opinion. If we're lucky this could go on for 2000 replies.

Didn't he refer to me a Cool Bajesus or something. I guess that means like Jesus only cooler? I can't walk on water but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:36   #132
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely. Not everyone experiences it. Yet it is there.
But the feelings and emotions we LABEL as love can be witnessed, observed, and even measured to a degree by monitoring brain activity and other biological indicators.

The word is just a word. It only means what we say it does.


There isn't a single shred of evidence of a God. And even the things he's said to be responsible for we're finding happen all on their own. Which brings you a little closer to doubting other claims made about him. Including his existence.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45   #133
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


This has been funny to watch. Give a guy enough rope sometimes, and he'll take care of all the work for you. I've never been hung up on titles. Don't even let coworkers call me "sir" now and ask just to go by a shortened version if my first name. Same with patients. Cav and PA are both complimentary things to call someone. It's not the first time someone that has reached into their debate toolbox, discovered it was empty and tried to push that button, which I don't have.

That is about as effective as gunhaver's pseudo gay come ons that he was trying last week.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a thought. Integrity is non-negotiable.
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49   #134
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,722


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
But the feelings and emotions we LABEL as love can be witnessed, observed, and even measured to a degree by monitoring brain activity and other biological indicators.

The word is just a word. It only means what we say it does.


There isn't a single shred of evidence of a God. And even the things he's said to be responsible for we're finding happen all on their own. Which brings you a little closer to doubting other claims made about him. Including his existence.
Um, no. They can't
certifiedfunds is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43   #135
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Um, no. They can't
Um, yes they can.

Emotion, Motivation, and Anxiety: Brain Mechanisms
and Psychophysiology
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47   #136
Syclone538
Senior Member
 
Syclone538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Your political views are given the respect they deserve.
Exactly. If you want to point the governments gun at other people* you deserve no respect.


Unless of course those people are the one's initiating force on others first.
__________________
Some people want freedom, even for those they disagree with, and some don't.
Do lot Do so sinh Ban buon quan ao Chup anh cho be
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
...
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
...
Syclone538 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:13   #137
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Careful... you'll be falsely accused of claiming PTSD like I was.
Series 1911 has already done that.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:24   #138
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Careful... you'll be falsely accused of claiming PTSD like I was.
That claim of yours has already been debunked.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=593

Need any more rope?
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43   #139
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That claim of yours has already been debunked.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=593

Need any more rope?
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Welcome to the new user that has not posted in any other forum than GlockTalk Religious Issues for a multitude of months. It's good to see a liberal stepping out of their comfort zone. He's claimed a form of PTSD for claiming that Cops are not trusted on GTCT (GlockTalk Cop Talk)
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 08:47..
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48   #140
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100
He claimed the subjective symptoms, I just made the objective assessment. He came back later and recanted his history though.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=596

He made it all up, then developed a severe case of acute hypersensitivity. To cover for his own dishonesty, he started calling me a liar. It's all rather funny.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 08:59..
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:55   #141
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Um, no. They can't
Um yeah. It's a biochemical reaction. Some say very similar to what happens when you eat chocolate. Either way it can be measured and observed.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59   #142
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100
No he can't provide it because he's not being honest. I never made the claim to have PTSD, nor did I literally state cops can't be trusted...

I made the statement that IF I were to say such a thing. It was a hypothetical.

Plus he made the statement that I had posted such a thing in Cop Talk. I've never posted in Cop Talk in my life.

It's all just lies from Cav-PA.

Here is the post he's referring to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Some of the sub-forums are real tribal in nature. If you aren't "One of Them" then you are a target. And by "one of them" I mean in agreement with the majority. For instance if I went into cop talk and said "I don't trust cops". Well it wouldn't be long until I was hit from every side with every nasty comment you could imagine. And I'd probably get banned for whatever reason even if that was my real opinion for trolling. Or like you guys from PI. I dare to admit that guns are not my number one priority and obsession and I'm made out to be a coward, a deviant, and apparently now abusive to my chick because I can't satisfy her and I'm mad at jesus for it. So I tend to steer clear. I'm at home here because I enjoy debating religion. And our mods are super forgiving of some of the craziness we talk about here. So I gotta thank them for that.
And as you'll see by the time stamp the last time I edited it was 4 minutes after making it... to clean up some spelling errors and such. About 15 hour before Doc decided to try and twist it to make it appear as though I was claiming PTSD and lied about my actual statements to create drama in that thread.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 09:07..
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:59   #143
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,722


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
I read the article. Perhaps I missed the part where they mentioned love?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
certifiedfunds is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:04   #144
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
He claimed the subjective symptoms, I just made the objective assessment.
That's right, he never claimed PTSD at all. You just made a troll attempt at labeling him as PTSD with your dubious and unsolicited diagnosis. So, you are in fact a liar because above you clearly stated that he claimed it himself where now you admit that he never did.

This is your modis operandi both here and in PI. In much the same manner, you accused me (twice) for calling for the abolishment of religion through force of law when I have never made any such claim. In fact, after your first attempt at that slur, I provided you with multiple cites where I clearly stated unwavering support for the first ammendment and yet you went away for a month or two and came back with the same slur again as if it had not already been refuted.

Do you think people won't remember these stunts of yours? You are a liar and you have been shown to be so multiple times. You have zero credibility left on these forums.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 09:57..
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:06   #145
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I read the article. Perhaps I missed the part where they mentioned love?
Ah, so you are going to word parse to avoid accepting evidence. I guess love is not an emmotion to you. Got it.
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:08   #146
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No he can't provide it because he's not being honest. I never made the claim to have PTSD, nor did I literally state cops can't be trusted...

I made the statement that IF I were to say such a thing. It was a hypothetical.

Plus he made the statement that I had posted such a thing in Cop Talk. I've never posted in Cop Talk in my life.

It's all just lies from Cav-PA.

Here is the post he's referring to...
.


You made up scenarios for why you only post in RI. I made the mistake of thinking you were being honest. Instead of just coming back and saying that you were being hypothetical and theoretical in your statement, you decompensated and started ranting ad homs.

Trust me bro, this conversation says a lot more about you than it does me.

I've got more rope. Want some?
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16   #147
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19   #148
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Ah, so you are going to word parse to avoid accepting evidence. I guess love is not an emmotion to you. Got it.
I think the challenge was to measure love to a degree. Is there a test that spits out a digital measure of it? You'd think that would be a hot commodity for guys doing premarital counseling and prenuptual agreements.


Most of what can be done is looking at graphic representations of relative brain activity in certain areas. It's an interesting subject. We aren't quite to the point that a machine can tell you everything about what a person thinks and how they feel (outside of extremes, I'd guess something like severe pain would be a common pattern)
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25   #149
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
The challenge was can you prove it exists... Yes we can.

You can't measure it... depends on what you mean. Can we measure it in Fluffies? No. But we can measure it's effects on brain chemistry and biology.

You can't describe it...

Love

Noun:
An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
Verb:
Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".

You can't draw a picture of it... Ask anyone what this picture represents...

Religious Issues


Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely.
Glock36shooter is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25   #150
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.

Guess you should bone up on your jurisprudence. Actually, falsely claiming someone else claimed to be a doctor because they have a term of endearment as a nickname could be defamation of character if we were all using real names.

You gave a false history, I made an assessment based on your input. Garbage in Garbage out. You lost it shortly after that.

The emotionally irrational responses you are having to all this is entertaining though.
Cavalry Doc is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:15.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,366
437 Members
929 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42