Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:00   #121
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
I believe in things I can see, smell, touch, taste, feel, hear, and most important things that can be proven.
Science meets all that criteria.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:02   #122
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
Since you're still hung up on this, maybe you won't mind answering my question from the other thread?

To paraphrase:
Doc was still on Active Duty when he signed up on the forum, and hence, still a 'Doc' in the military sense. You owned a Glock 36 when you signed up, but no longer have it. If you can still be Glock36shooter, why can't he still be CavDoc? You said it was because you couldn't change your handle. But then, neither can Doc. Why the double standard?

I agree about the level of retardedness, but I'm not convinced it applies to Doc in this case.
You don't think he really has Docs name stuck in his craw do you? I suspect that G36 is being a bit facetious by continuing to make issue out of something that is nothing in a rather obsessive manner. Giving Doc a taste of his own medicine so to speak. I also call him Cav PA because he liked playing around with different versions of my name at one time but he's had to move on to urging others to background search me now because that doesn't amuse him anymore. Doc has some serious issues with dishing it out and not being able to take it. 36 is just clinging to a definition and standing up for his right to his opinion. If we're lucky this could go on for 2000 replies.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:09   #123
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post

You sure? I've been doing this a few days. He's been following Gunhaver around with this nonsense for YEARS.
Not sure when it started but not for years yet. You can rest assured that if he stuck out "atheism is a religion" for as long as he did then we probably will have an anniversary soon.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 01-18-2013 at 02:46..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:09   #124
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's the level of discourse in Political Issues. I get the same abuse. Most of them are off the right edge of the known universe.
Your political views are given the respect they deserve.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24   #125
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
My favorite part is how in the fourth panel there are several "theories" where they've just gone ahead and connected to imaginary dots as if no one would notice. I think of those 3 theories as Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

http://www.upworthy.com/why-i-religi...science?c=ufb1
I'm not a scientist but my degrees are in science. It is worth acknowledging that there is far more science that we don't understand than that which we do.

While science and faith are unrelated or contradictory, science and God aren't.

Science can't define prove or disprove love but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-18-2013 at 06:28..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00   #126
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
No Sarge... what I am hung up on is that Cav-Pa has apparently been following Gunhaver around with this for years. ...

Is this the part that I am supposed to start calling you a liar for six pages or something like that. Check Gunhaver's join date out. Jan 2012.

"Years"? You know something I don't know? Like maybe his previous screen name he used back then?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:00   #127
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
I don't see a discrepancy, because I don't know what the hell you're talking about. I've been on this board for years, I don't remember Doc ever pestering Gunhaver about his handle.
Not his handle but apparently a professional lie that Gunhaver is guilty of. One that is truly of no consequence. But to put it really simply you aren't aware of all the aspects of the beef and you're coming in blindly swinging on one side without all the info. If you don't see the big deal maybe you ought to let it go.

Quote:
Yes, Doc and I are both ex-military medical. You can call it bro code if you want (ya hippie ), I just call it respect. Doc and I disagree plenty, and it's gotten nasty at times, but regardless of our disagreements, I respect his military service, his chosen profession, and the fact that he went from being an enlisted man to becoming a commissioned officer. None of those are easy tasks.
Don't confuse taking issue with the terminology with a lack of respect for service. I have plenty of respect for soldiers. BUT you are in error if you're referring to a PA as a Doctor. Just because it's done in the military is far from saying it's correct. You're either a Doctor or you aren't. I don't care what military tradition states. My father became an instant Major after Med School. They drafted him for Vietnam but apparently allowed him to finish Med School because they were in bad need of Doctors. I believe he was offered a promotion when his time was up but he wanted to work in the private sector. I'm sure people called him Doc too. But he actually was one.

Quote:
I'm sure becoming a CPA isn't easy either, but to me it just doesn't compare.
No one is trying to. But would you go around saying you are one? What if I went around saying I was a Sarge or a Marine when I had not ever even been in the military. Wouldn't you call me a poser or something similar? Wouldn't you say I hadn't EARNED the title? You wouldn't think it was disrespectful to those that had earned the title? What if I wanna start calling myself War Vet? What about that? Is it different if it's NOT acceptable in the military?

Quote:
If you knew some of the nomenclature that existed in the military, you'd know that some of it is VERY imaginative, to the point of ridiculousness at times.
I just quit listening after a while. Two of my good friends are servicemen. One is still in as a Sargent in the Army. He's been to Iraq (Twice I think) and has been a drill instructor. The other a Marine... think he was only in for 4 years but he says once a Marine ALWAYS a Marine... can't argue with that. They start talking all these abbreviations and half words with numbers and I just tune them out.

Quote:
which is why I don't understand how you can take this so seriously.
Then why do you have a dog in this fight?

Quote:
No, he never was nor is he now an actual Doctor. But to say that no one cares about military jargon but military folk, or that the jargon doesn't fly anywhere but the military is the most ignorant thing I've heard for some time. You can't turn on the TV, pickup a newspaper, or read an internet forum - let alone a GUN forum - without being inundated with military jargon. It is literally everywhere. That you may not know where some words and phrases originated doesn't change where they came from.
Good for you guys. But he ain't a Doctor.

Quote:
Ask a wounded soldier if he thinks calling the guy who saved his life 'Doc' is accepting a low standard. Dare ya.
Don't be so sensitive. You're trying to turn this into a lack of respect for the military and it isn't. It's kinda like Al Sharpton calling you a racist for not voting for Obama. The two have nothing to do with one another.

Quote:
I see the difference, I just don't accept that it is any kind of a problem.
Then why do you care?

Quote:
I'm sure. I don't worry about anybody being followed or stalked on a forum unless they ask me for help. Did Gunhaver ask for your help? I rather doubt it, I've never seen him have any trouble holding his own against anyone.
He's become a buddy on here. Cav-Pa is set out on some kind of witch hunt for him. I'm gonna back him up. Do your friends NEED to ask you to help them?

Quote:
I've tangled with Doc many, many times. I don't think he's ever stalked me, or called in his goon squad. Then again, I may not be quite the adversary you guys are?
Watch... it won't be long before Certified Funds, Mad Dawg what's his name, or one or two others pile in from PI. They got like a stupid little GT gang.

Quote:
I can see where it would get annoying and tiresome having things you've said used against you, dragging one thread into another, etc. But, it's how debates are won.
Not here. It's how you turn a room against someone and nothing but personal attacks fly from that point. I offered one opinion in a PI thread... Cav-PA followed me in and made sure everyone knew I voted for Obama and that guns were not my number one priority, he also made false claims about things I ahd said about cops, and from that point on I think only Qman was interested in actually hearing my point of view. Everyone else piled on. He only means to stir up trouble and whip up a fight. He trolls. And if I get accused of that for fighting fire with fire so be it. But he's been at it for a HELL of a lot longer than I. Like YEARS. He's got a long list of people who simply don't talk to him anymore. He even tried to get Gunhaver banned until a mod put him in his place.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 07:12..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:04   #128
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Not sure when it started but not for years yet. You can rest assured that if he stuck out "atheism is a religion" for as long as he did then we probably will have an anniversary soon.
Apologies, when you said it was back when you were twenty I assumed it had been being drug around here as long. Apologies also to Cav-PA for the error. Nevertheless Cav-Pa has plenty of people that won't talk to him because he's a trouble maker.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 07:28..
Old 01-18-2013, 07:10   #129
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'm not a scientist but my degrees are in science. It is worth acknowledging that there is far more science that we don't understand than that which we do.

While science and faith are unrelated or contradictory, science and God aren't.

Science can't define prove or disprove love but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist
Love is a word. It has only the meaning we give it. We can prove that the emotions that we label with the word love do in fact exist.

God is supposed to be a being... not a feeling... and there hasn't been a single shred of evidence found that such a being exists. And in fact many of the phenomenon that have been attributed to God... we now know happened naturally without the need for such a being. God is a supernatural concept. It has no place in Natural Science.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19   #130
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Love is a word. It has only the meaning we give it. We can prove that the emotions that we label with the word love do in fact exist.

God is supposed to be a being... not a feeling... and there hasn't been a single shred of evidence found that such a being exists. And in fact many of the phenomenon that have been attributed to God... we now know happened naturally without the need for such a being. God is a supernatural concept. It has no place in Natural Science.
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely. Not everyone experiences it. Yet it is there.

We can at least model and measure subatomic particles and invisible waves.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31   #131
Glock36shooter

Quote:
You don't think he really has Docs name stuck in his craw do you? I suspect that G36 is being a bit facetious by continuing to make issue out of something that is nothing in a rather obsessive manner. Giving Doc a taste of his own medicine so to speak. I also call him Cav PA because he liked playing around with different versions of my name at one time but he's had to move on to urging others to background search me now because that doesn't amuse him anymore. Doc has some serious issues with dishing it out and not being able to take it. 36 is just clinging to a definition and standing up for his right to his opinion. If we're lucky this could go on for 2000 replies.

Didn't he refer to me a Cool Bajesus or something. I guess that means like Jesus only cooler? I can't walk on water but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36   #132
Glock36shooter

Quote:
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely. Not everyone experiences it. Yet it is there.
But the feelings and emotions we LABEL as love can be witnessed, observed, and even measured to a degree by monitoring brain activity and other biological indicators.

The word is just a word. It only means what we say it does.

There isn't a single shred of evidence of a God. And even the things he's said to be responsible for we're finding happen all on their own. Which brings you a little closer to doubting other claims made about him. Including his existence.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45   #133
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

This has been funny to watch. Give a guy enough rope sometimes, and he'll take care of all the work for you. I've never been hung up on titles. Don't even let coworkers call me "sir" now and ask just to go by a shortened version if my first name. Same with patients. Cav and PA are both complimentary things to call someone. It's not the first time someone that has reached into their debate toolbox, discovered it was empty and tried to push that button, which I don't have.

That is about as effective as gunhaver's pseudo gay come ons that he was trying last week.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a thought. Integrity is non-negotiable.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-18-2013, 07:49   #134
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
But the feelings and emotions we LABEL as love can be witnessed, observed, and even measured to a degree by monitoring brain activity and other biological indicators.

The word is just a word. It only means what we say it does.

There isn't a single shred of evidence of a God. And even the things he's said to be responsible for we're finding happen all on their own. Which brings you a little closer to doubting other claims made about him. Including his existence.
Um, no. They can't
Old 01-18-2013, 08:43   #135
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Um, no. They can't
Um, yes they can.

Emotion, Motivation, and Anxiety: Brain Mechanisms
and Psychophysiology

Old 01-18-2013, 08:47   #136
Syclone538

Quote:
Your political views are given the respect they deserve.
Exactly. If you want to point the governments gun at other people* you deserve no respect.

Unless of course those people are the one's initiating force on others first.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13   #137
muscogee

Quote:
Careful... you'll be falsely accused of claiming PTSD like I was.
Series 1911 has already done that.

Leona Helmsley
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24   #138
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Careful... you'll be falsely accused of claiming PTSD like I was.
That claim of yours has already been debunked.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=593

Need any more rope?

--Gunhaver

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43   #139
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
That claim of yours has already been debunked.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=593

Need any more rope?
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Welcome to the new user that has not posted in any other forum than GlockTalk Religious Issues for a multitude of months. It's good to see a liberal stepping out of their comfort zone. He's claimed a form of PTSD for claiming that Cops are not trusted on GTCT (GlockTalk Cop Talk)

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 09:47..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:48   #140
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100
He claimed the subjective symptoms, I just made the objective assessment. He came back later and recanted his history though.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=596

He made it all up, then developed a severe case of acute hypersensitivity. To cover for his own dishonesty, he started calling me a liar. It's all rather funny.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-18-2013 at 09:59..

Closed Thread