Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:55   #141
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Um, no. They can't
Um yeah. It's a biochemical reaction. Some say very similar to what happens when you eat chocolate. Either way it can be measured and observed.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59   #142
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Actually, I don't see where your link does anything at all to mitigate this statement of yours levied against G36. Can you provide the post where he claimed PTSD? Because you clearly indicate below that you believe he claimed the condition.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=100
No he can't provide it because he's not being honest. I never made the claim to have PTSD, nor did I literally state cops can't be trusted...

I made the statement that IF I were to say such a thing. It was a hypothetical.

Plus he made the statement that I had posted such a thing in Cop Talk. I've never posted in Cop Talk in my life.

It's all just lies from Cav-PA.

Here is the post he's referring to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Some of the sub-forums are real tribal in nature. If you aren't "One of Them" then you are a target. And by "one of them" I mean in agreement with the majority. For instance if I went into cop talk and said "I don't trust cops". Well it wouldn't be long until I was hit from every side with every nasty comment you could imagine. And I'd probably get banned for whatever reason even if that was my real opinion for trolling. Or like you guys from PI. I dare to admit that guns are not my number one priority and obsession and I'm made out to be a coward, a deviant, and apparently now abusive to my chick because I can't satisfy her and I'm mad at jesus for it. So I tend to steer clear. I'm at home here because I enjoy debating religion. And our mods are super forgiving of some of the craziness we talk about here. So I gotta thank them for that.
And as you'll see by the time stamp the last time I edited it was 4 minutes after making it... to clean up some spelling errors and such. About 15 hour before Doc decided to try and twist it to make it appear as though I was claiming PTSD and lied about my actual statements to create drama in that thread.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-18-2013 at 10:07..
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59   #143
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
I read the article. Perhaps I missed the part where they mentioned love?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Rush Limbaugh
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04   #144
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
He claimed the subjective symptoms, I just made the objective assessment.
That's right, he never claimed PTSD at all. You just made a troll attempt at labeling him as PTSD with your dubious and unsolicited diagnosis. So, you are in fact a liar because above you clearly stated that he claimed it himself where now you admit that he never did.

This is your modis operandi both here and in PI. In much the same manner, you accused me (twice) for calling for the abolishment of religion through force of law when I have never made any such claim. In fact, after your first attempt at that slur, I provided you with multiple cites where I clearly stated unwavering support for the first ammendment and yet you went away for a month or two and came back with the same slur again as if it had not already been refuted.

Do you think people won't remember these stunts of yours? You are a liar and you have been shown to be so multiple times. You have zero credibility left on these forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Geko45; 01-18-2013 at 10:57..
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06   #145
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
I read the article. Perhaps I missed the part where they mentioned love?
Ah, so you are going to word parse to avoid accepting evidence. I guess love is not an emmotion to you. Got it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08   #146
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
No he can't provide it because he's not being honest. I never made the claim to have PTSD, nor did I literally state cops can't be trusted...

I made the statement that IF I were to say such a thing. It was a hypothetical.

Plus he made the statement that I had posted such a thing in Cop Talk. I've never posted in Cop Talk in my life.

It's all just lies from Cav-PA.

Here is the post he's referring to...

You made up scenarios for why you only post in RI. I made the mistake of thinking you were being honest. Instead of just coming back and saying that you were being hypothetical and theoretical in your statement, you decompensated and started ranting ad homs.

Trust me bro, this conversation says a lot more about you than it does me.

I've got more rope. Want some?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:16   #147
Glock36shooter

Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:19   #148
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Ah, so you are going to word parse to avoid accepting evidence. I guess love is not an emmotion to you. Got it.
I think the challenge was to measure love to a degree. Is there a test that spits out a digital measure of it? You'd think that would be a hot commodity for guys doing premarital counseling and prenuptual agreements.

Most of what can be done is looking at graphic representations of relative brain activity in certain areas. It's an interesting subject. We aren't quite to the point that a machine can tell you everything about what a person thinks and how they feel (outside of extremes, I'd guess something like severe pain would be a common pattern)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25   #149
Glock36shooter

The challenge was can you prove it exists... Yes we can.

You can't measure it... depends on what you mean. Can we measure it in Fluffies? No. But we can measure it's effects on brain chemistry and biology.

You can't describe it...

Love

Noun:
An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
Verb:
Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".

You can't draw a picture of it... Ask anyone what this picture represents...

Religious Issues

Quote:
You can't prove love exists. You can't measure it. You can't draw a picture of it. You can't even describe it precisely.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25   #150
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.

Guess you should bone up on your jurisprudence. Actually, falsely claiming someone else claimed to be a doctor because they have a term of endearment as a nickname could be defamation of character if we were all using real names.

You gave a false history, I made an assessment based on your input. Garbage in Garbage out. You lost it shortly after that.

The emotionally irrational responses you are having to all this is entertaining though.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26   #151
Syclone538

Quote:

It should be.
I know this is a joke, but when someone says "there should be a law..." I almost always disagree. Just think it through. If you want to outlaw something, do you think the people who disagree with you should be shot if they will not comply?

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28   #152
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
I know this is a joke, but when someone says "there should be a law..." I almost always disagree. Just think it through. If you want to outlaw something, do you think the people who disagree with you should be shot if they will not comply?
Depends on the law. Like it being illegal to molest kids... yeah I kinda think those that break that law need to be shot. Posing as a doctor and handing out bogus diagnoses... maybe a $10K fine and loss of whatever medical licenses that are held.

I don't suggest the death penalty for all offenses.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30   #153
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

You can't measure it... depends on what you mean. Can we measure it in Fluffies? No. But we can measure it's effects on brain chemistry and biology.

You can't describe it...

Love

Noun:
Verb:

Religious Issues

Love and sexual attraction are separate. Younger guys tend to mix that up a lot. It's ok to love your dog for instance. It doesn't mean you want to take that to another level.

Hearts are a symbol of affection and or love. But it's not a picture of love itself. I guess you just have to believe love exists because you feel it in your __________.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45   #154
Syclone538

Quote:
Depends on the law. Like it being illegal to molest kids... yeah I kinda think those that break that law need to be shot. Posing as a doctor and handing out bogus diagnoses... maybe a $10K fine and loss of whatever medical licenses that are held.

And if they will not comply?

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:09   #155
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

You can't describe it...

Love

Noun:
Verb:

Religious Issues
And yet when I read your definition it fails to accurately describe the feeling when my kid wraps her arms around my neck. Perhaps you've never experienced it. It lies somewhere between ecstasy and wanting to cut my own heart out with a knife and give it to her. Go figure.

And regarding brain chemistry and anatomy, they're measuring brain chemistry and anatomy. Many of those things can be mimicked by unrelated stimuli, or drugs.

Rush Limbaugh

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-18-2013 at 12:14..
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12   #156
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Not parsing but being brief. Perhaps you could quote the relevant portion. I'm working on a phone today.

What test should I use to determine which of my children I love more, or any other variations in that love. It's an age old question. Surely scientists have figured it out.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14   #157
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone538 View Post
And if they will not comply?
Jerk the License and start collections on the fine plus penalties and interest.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:21   #158
Glock36shooter

Quote:
And yet when I read your definition it fails to accurately describe the feeling when my kid wraps her arms around my neck. Perhaps you've never experienced it. It lies somewhere between ecstasy and wanting to cut my own heart out with a knife and give it to her. Go figure.
Gross.

Quote:
And regarding brain chemistry and anatomy, they're measuring brain chemistry and anatomy. Many of those things can be mimicked by unrelated stimuli, or drugs.
For sure. The brain is only a biochemical computer. With the right misfire you can feel the same love you have for your kid for a perfect stranger. There's nothing magical, supernatural, or spiritual about us.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30   #159
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Gross.

For sure. The brain is only a biochemical computer. With the right misfire you can feel the same love you have for your kid for a perfect stranger. There's nothing magical, supernatural, or spiritual about us.
Yeah I figured you've never experienced it.

My point being, science doesn't have an answer for every question and to the best of my knowledge, cannot create life. There are many things unexplained. Someone who denies the existence of a creator is closed minded.

Rush Limbaugh
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38   #160
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Be honest with your history, and you are much more likely to get an accurate result.

Quote:

Answer YES to the following questions ONLY if they have been present over a long period of time causing distress or impairment in functioning

1. Do you suspect that others are exploiting, harming or deceiving you?:
YES
NO
2. Do you persistently bear grudges and not forget insults or injuries?:
YES
NO
3. Do you almost always choose solitary activities?:
YES
NO
4. Do you feel indifferent to praise or criticism of others?:
YES
NO
5. Do you experience recurrent strange day dreams or fantasies?:
YES
NO
6. Do you experience magical thinking that influences your behavior?:
YES
NO
7. Do you repeatedly get into conflicts with the law?:
YES
NO
8. Before age 18, have you been cruel to people or animals?:
YES
NO
9. Do you have a pattern of unstable and intense relationships with others?:
YES
NO
10. Do you have continuous feelings of emptiness?:
YES
NO
11. Do you feel uncomfortable in situations where you are not the center of attention?:
YES
NO
12. Are you easily influenced by others or are you suggestible?:
YES
NO
13. Are you generally envious of other people?:
YES
NO
14. Are you preoccupied with unlimited success or ideal love?:
YES
NO
15. Are you unwilling to get involved with people unless you are certain of being liked?:
YES
NO
16. Do you view yourself as socially inept, personally unappealing or inferior to others?:
YES
NO
17. Do you have difficulty making everyday decisions without an excessive amount of advice and reassurance from others?:
YES
NO
18. Are you preoccupied with fears of being left to take care of yourself?:
YES
NO
19. Are you preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules?:
YES
NO
20. Are you such a perfectionist that it interferes with your work?:
YES
NO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closed Thread