Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-27-2013, 00:31   #1
seattleborn

Voiding Glock Warranty

I was just wondering what upgrades can you make to a Glock without voiding the warranty? Like extended slide stop lever, extended slide lock lever, ect.

Last edited by seattleborn; 01-27-2013 at 00:32..
seattleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 00:36   #2
4095fanatic

As far as I know if you switch all that out you can still send it back to GLOCK, but it'll come back with stock parts in it.
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11   #3
Riverkilt

My first and last Glock was so screwed up with BTF and Glock customer no-service so uninterested in admitting two years of problems that I had no interest in maintaining the warranty with more parts that cause the problem. Added new extractor, springs, steel guide rod, extended slide release, extended slide stop, and extended mag release. Cost a lot more than I'd planned to but at least I can work the gun now and not be assaulted by my own hot brass. Make the gun work right - or better. Warranty, with Glock's current level of imperfection, just ain't an issue. Lots of friendly, talented folks are making better parts to fix the problems that Glock isn't even interested in addressing - let alone fixing. I'll take the talented fixes and improvements over the warranty any time. Your mileage may vary if you've never ever had a problem with your Glocks. Me...mine came out of the box with a bad attitude. Much gratitude to Glockmeister, Gun Goddess, and Apex Tactical for fixing the problems and giving me a problem free, easy to use gun that I originally paid for but didn't show up.

Glock 42...somewhere you can't see

Last edited by Riverkilt; 01-27-2013 at 01:13..
Riverkilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:39   #4
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleborn View Post
I was just wondering what upgrades can you make to a Glock without voiding the warranty? Like extended slide stop lever, extended slide lock lever, ect.
Generally speaking, you can add stuff to your Glock without 'voiding the warranty'. If you install aftermarket parts and screw up the gun doing so, they will 'repair' it, but aftermarket parts will be removed and returned to you, they are only likely to do so one time though.

If you alter (screw up) parts, and they have to fix/replace them, they are likely to not do so 'under warranty'.....you'll have to pay for said repair/replacements.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Patron Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25   #5
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Any modifications that are irreversible will make that part non-warrant-able. Irreversible mods to the frame generally void the warranty - but they have been known to overlook some mods if there is no impact on the functional issue you are having.

So for example, if you port your Glock factory barrel, that barrel is no longer under warranty, and if you are having barrel related issues, they would sell you a new barrel.

Everything else others have said prior is also accurate.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39   #6
seattleborn

thank you guys for your input. And i dont plan on doing anything crazy just the two mods i had mentioned earlier and maybe a 3.5lb trigger.
seattleborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:38   #7
DocWills

cutting anything comes to mind. They seem to frown on cut frames, slides, barrels, trigger group parts etc being cut on.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:38   #8
Finestkind

If you are having an issue put the factory parts back in and test. Then if the issue still exists you can send it back to glock without worrying abobt the warranty issue or losing your parts.

Finestkimd
Finestkind is offline   Reply With Quote