Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-26-2013, 18:47   #1
douglama

Could Glock be Banned

I just finished reading the Feinstein 2013 assualt weapon ban, one of the paragrafs is quite interesting

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

http://www.ibtimes.com/dianne-feinst...n-2013-1037402

Glock has a detachable mag AND they have a Glock 18, which is a auto version of the Glock 17

The way I see it, It may not be on the list but, it has the features and they could go after it later
douglama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 18:49   #2
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Relax. Nothing is going to be banned.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 19:00   #3
The Fed

I still think any pistol extended magazine qualifies as "some location outside the pistol grip". After all, part of the magazine extends outside the grip so part of it is in a location outside the pistol grip. So every pistol is illegal because it has the CAPACITY to accept an extended magazine. Just because no company makes one for a particular pistol makes no difference in the eyes of the law. Smoke and mirrors.

And before the naysayers jump on me, don't take it for granted that Feinstein's aides are that stupid. If I was going to write the law this is exactly how I would word it so it has a better chance of getting passed. Down the road I would drop the other shoe.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-26-2013 at 19:16..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 19:07   #4
The Fed

And while I'm at it, one of the characteristics is a threaded barrel. Are not ALL barrels threaded - into the receiver or frame? Again, wording is everything. This provision bans virtually every rifle and revolver. Again, don't assume this must mean the muzzle end - there is no such provision. People who assume things get burned.

So there you have it. Virtually every firearm not on the "OK" is now banned.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-26-2013 at 19:16..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 20:33   #5
chemcmndr

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglama View Post
Glock has a detachable mag AND they have a Glock 18, which is a auto version of the Glock 17
Well, technically, the Glock 17 isn't a semi-auto version of the Glock 18. The 17 existed for several years before the 18 came out. The frames and slides for the two are completely different.

I'm fairly certain this was done because there were already import restrictions on semi-auto versions of full-auto firearms and these differences allowed the 17 to be imported in the US.

Don't hold me to it though.
chemcmndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 21:13   #6
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

The anti's will ban it if they can.
Keep on the politicians to let them know your thoughts on bans on firearms.
Old 01-26-2013, 21:18   #7
douglama

After reading " The Feds" post I reread the ban and found this.

A barrel shroud is a covering attached to the barrel of a firearm, that partially or completely encircles the barrel which prevents operators from injuring themselves on a hot barrel.[1] Slides, extensions of the stock that do not fully encircle the barrel, and the receiver (or frame) of a firearm itself are generally not described as barrel shrouds, though they in fact do act as such.

wording is everything
douglama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 21:18   #8
PM720

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
And while I'm at it, one of the characteristics is a threaded barrel. Are not ALL barrels threaded - into the receiver or frame? Again, wording is everything. This provision bans virtually every rifle and revolver. Again, don't assume this must mean the muzzle end - there is no such provision. People who assume things get burned.

So there you have it. Virtually every firearm not on the "OK" is now banned.
Can't find any threads on any of my auto pistol barrels.

Scott
PM720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 21:28   #9
DannyR

Glocks are not on DiFi's specific pistol list.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 21:29   #10
SJ 40

It doesn't matter if it'a Glock,Ruger,or 1836 Colt Patterson they want them all. Here listen to her say it. SJ 40

SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 21:35   #11
JakeFromStateFarm
.40 S&W🍫

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglama View Post
I just finished reading the Feinstein 2013 assualt weapon ban, one of the paragrafs is quite interesting

All semiautomatic pistols that can accept a detachable magazine and have at least one military feature: threaded barrel; second pistol grip; barrel shroud; capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip; or semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm

http://www.ibtimes.com/dianne-feinst...n-2013-1037402

The way I see it, It may not be on the list but, it has the features and they could go after it later
Wich is why I'm soon buying a 1590 musket
Old 01-26-2013, 22:07   #12
bcowen22001

Send a message via Yahoo to bcowen22001
UH, yeah. especially if you live in NY,CT,NJ, basically anywhere in NE U.S. and CA, OR, WA, IL-for sure. 2nd ammendment is under attack contrary to "optimistic" types. You have to be a realist...what is the public opinon of the ignorant non gun culture types? that U.S citizens dont need AW. basically anthing that holds more than 10 rnds. (7rnd if you live in NY). Its amazing the people that are buying into the "citizens dont need a gun with high cap clips." it is an assault on us (law abiders) not criminals or non law abiding citizens as obama says. but what do you expect by another lying politician.
bcowen22001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 22:56   #13
Doc Pathfinder

Since almost all Glocks can accept a magazine that holds over 10 rounds those models can fall into the banned guns. Just depends on how that wording is translated. Never trust them.
Carolina Glockers 1881
Doc Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 22:58   #14
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
The anti's will ban it if they can.
Keep on the politicians to let them know your thoughts on bans on firearms.
This.

Sooner or later they'll be looking to ban what they don't get this time around (should a ban pass).
Old 01-26-2013, 23:11   #15
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

A great number of Congressmen and women are lawyers and you know that lawyers make their money be re-defining words to make the statements say what "they" want them to say.

Now you are going to let these same lawyers write a "sensible compromise anti-gun bill" that will not interfere with your 2nd Amendment rights. This is calling us gun advocates naive and gullible, are we as stupid as they think we are? This can be done after an "acceptable compromise" bill is passed turning it into a grab. Don't let them even think this will work.

Money and extreme pressure buys politicians and keeps them in line. Let's buy us a bunch of politicians just like any other special interest group and make them vote for us and the money, or dump them.

Contribute to the gun rights group of your choice, but put your money where your voice is. They are your rights only if you fight to keep them. Our rights are being attacked only because the anti's think we will not fight back hard enough to keep them. They need some "financial bloody noses" to know we are going to fight and fight hard.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 23:12   #16
Doc Pathfinder

We can expect this fight to last a long time! But we must Fight or they will take all our rights away!
Carolina Glockers 1881
Doc Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 23:53   #17
FNFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
Can't find any threads on any of my auto pistol barrels.

Scott
Okay, look at the inside of a nut. Then look at the inside of your barrel. Pretty gosh darn similar!

Can't you hear it now "These 'threads' inside the barrel serve to spin the projectile, giving it even more DEADLY accuracy! Turning an ordinary pistol into a SNIPER WEAPON CAPABLE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AT A DISTANCE OF HUNDREDS OF YARDS! You don't need these DEADLY THREADED SNIPER BARRELS to murder Bambi?" (Taking off Libtard Hat)

Don't even get me started on shotguns!:

"Brother's, I call for your help in banning these horrible weapons of MASS DESTRUCTION! (pauses for effect and holds up a side-by-side 12GA) This WEAPON can throw it's LOAD OF DEATH more than 3 FOOTBALL FIELDS with SEVERAL HUNDRED individual death dealing PROJECTILES fanning out in an ever increasing SWATH OF DESTRUCTION! THIS TOOL OF SATAN, has TWO TRIGGERS! Yes, TWO TRIGGERS! Doubling the POTENTIAL FOR CARNAGE! And people need these to kill SMALL BIRDS?

We're dealing with morally bankrupt liars with an agenda and the criminally naive here folks!

Take an opportunity to make a real difference in gun crime. Push for strict sentences for the use of firearms in a crime of violence.
FNFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 23:54   #18
scosgt

Glocks are already banned in New York, effective April 15, except for the G36, since they don't make seven round mags for them. You will be able to purchase a Glock, but not a magazine. You will be able to sell a Glock, but not the magazines.

So yes, they can be banned. And will be. Other States will do the same thing if King Cuomo gets away with it.
scosgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 00:04   #19
Revvv

I don't know how to stop the madness at this point, nor do I understand how to go about defending the right afforded to us by the Constitution. What I do know is that if we do not do something to stop the political corrupt garbage we are all going to be in a serious amount of hurt.

http://thenewalexandrialibrary.com/massgraves.html

Why are there mass graves being prepared in the Atlanta metro area as well as other metro cities around the US? Why is there a bill that passed dealing with mass death? Apparently there is an anticipation of something ugly.
Revvv is offline   Reply With Quote