GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 11:24   #1
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
What do you all think? Did Doc spank me?

He's having a ball calling me a troll over this thread, linking to it over and over in other posts for everyone to see. Seems to me to be his tactic to avoid addressing some points I've made. Since it's about a religious issue I thought I'd help him spread the word and bring it here.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1460127
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30   #2
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,397
Not commenting on the merits of his claim, just wondering if he paid for the trolling franchise rights in PI too, or just RI?

He has a definite allergy to the truth though, so I'd be more offended when he starts claiming you're not a troll.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:41   #3
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Retreating back to friendly territory to buff up your self esteem?
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52   #4
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
He's having a ball calling me a troll over this thread, linking to it over and over in other posts for everyone to see. Seems to me to be his tactic to avoid addressing some points I've made. Since it's about a religious issue I thought I'd help him spread the word and bring it here.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1460127
Doc is the troll. I think he's secretly like a preacher or something and likes to pose as an agnostic to keep from having to lose a debate about his faith. He pops in... makes a few snide comments and then pops out. I wouldn't pay him any attention. Just smash him when he shows up and forget about him.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54   #5
Captain Steinbrenner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Posts: 338
That POS has been in my ignore list forever.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Captain Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55   #6
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steinbrenner View Post
That POS has been in my ignore list forever.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
LMAO
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01   #7
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Retreating back to friendly territory to buff up your self esteem?
Hey, you started this by dragging my WBC thread all over the forum with your links. What's one more link? Turn about is fair play. I just wanted to bring it to where the rational folks hang out.

But you can always redeem yourself by coming out from under your coward rock and addressing the points I made in that thread.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04   #8
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Doc is the troll. I think he's secretly like a preacher or something and likes to pose as an agnostic to keep from having to lose a debate about his faith. He pops in... makes a few snide comments and then pops out. I wouldn't pay him any attention. Just smash him when he shows up and forget about him.
I agree with that completely but this thread is full of epic denial and I do have to give Doc credit for being the only one with the guts to really give it a go. I'm just sorry he chickened out of the discussion so soon and decided to take the diversionary route.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28   #9
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Hey, you started this by dragging my WBC thread all over the forum with your links. What's one more link? Turn about is fair play. I just wanted to bring it to where the rational folks hang out.

But you can always redeem yourself by coming out from under your coward rock and addressing the points I made in that thread.
Classic troll move, challenges to respond to bait with insults.

Don't be so butt hurt. You were shown to be factually incorrect, and almost universally criticized for being unable to admit it.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-31-2012 at 12:34..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:29   #10
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steinbrenner View Post
That POS has been in my ignore list forever.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Really, just because I honestly think atheism requires faith to believe in, and meets the definition of religion in American English. I guess that is one way to avoid an uncomfortable subject.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32   #11
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Doc is the troll. I think he's secretly like a preacher or something and likes to pose as an agnostic to keep from having to lose a debate about his faith. He pops in... makes a few snide comments and then pops out. I wouldn't pay him any attention. Just smash him when he shows up and forget about him.
Nope, I'm exactly as advertised. I'm sure it comforts you to indulge in that fantasy of yours.

There's no way for me to prove to you that I am a committed agnostic, but I guess you can have faith that I am a preacher if it makes you feel better. It doesn't bother me if you are unable to accept the truth.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 13:51   #12
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Classic troll move, challenges to respond to bait with insults.

Don't be so butt hurt. You were shown to be factually incorrect, and almost universally criticized for being unable to admit it.
That explains it. Unrequited love.

No wonder you have a man crush on him. You have SO much in common...

Don't worry, you're way ahead. First, unlike you he does have a leg to stand on as anti-gay rights stances are almost universally a conservative position in the US, just like Democrats are usually liberal. You only think you've won overwhelmingly by ignoring the opposing data, which is your specialty. Secondly, your troll thread went on way longer, to hundreds of pages of your pathetic denials.

Therefore you'll always be troll king. Nobody else on here comes close to having mental issues that deep.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-31-2012 at 13:57..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:04   #13
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I guess that is one way to avoid an uncomfortable subject.
Another way would be to constantly scream, "Troll!"
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:05   #14
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 28,684


Sad, guys.
__________________
...Then I found a place it's dark and it's rotted
it's a cool, sweet kinda-place where the copters won't spot it.
-T Hip
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:14   #15
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Classic troll move, challenges to respond to bait with insults.

Don't be so butt hurt. You were shown to be factually incorrect, and almost universally criticized for being unable to admit it.
When I've been universally criticized for hundreds of pages then we'll talk about relevant the criticism is.

Factually incorrect? Riiiiight. Because Tim Phelps is really a liberal because he voted for Obama... Because he admittedly thinks Obama in the anti-Christ and will bring about the Revelations prophesies that WBC so desperately wants to see happen.

That's all the facts you have and you don't see how this is turning out exactly like your "atheism is a religion" thread with you hanging your position on a single point that you'll cling to no matter what comes along to the contrary.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:21   #16
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steinbrenner View Post
That POS has been in my ignore list forever.....
That's way over the line, buster, you should apologize.

A POS sits there, steaming proudly. It doesn't try to pretend to be shinola. You owe POS's everywhere an apology.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-31-2012 at 14:22..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:33   #17
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Another way would be to constantly scream, "Troll!"
I haven't screamed once.

I'm not even upset, not even a little.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:36   #18
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
That explains it. Unrequited love.

No wonder you have a man crush on him. You have SO much in common...

Don't worry, you're way ahead. First, unlike you he does have a leg to stand on as anti-gay rights stances are almost universally a conservative position in the US, just like Democrats are usually liberal. You only think you've won overwhelmingly by ignoring the opposing data, which is your specialty. Secondly, your troll thread went on way longer, to hundreds of pages of your pathetic denials.

Therefore you'll always be troll king. Nobody else on here comes close to having mental issues that deep.

Randy
Steve, It was a prolonged discussion in which many people were not convinced to change their mind. Refusing to accept another conclusion that is based only on faith in one answer, and a lack of faith in other answers is nothing unusual.

You did seem to be overly emotional about it, which is why I only look at an occasional post from you.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:37   #19
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steinbrenner View Post
That POS has been in my ignore list forever.....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

*You really need to back off Captain.............
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:39   #20
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
When I've been universally criticized for hundreds of pages then we'll talk about relevant the criticism is.

Factually incorrect? Riiiiight. Because Tim Phelps is really a liberal because he voted for Obama... Because he admittedly thinks Obama in the anti-Christ and will bring about the Revelations prophesies that WBC so desperately wants to see happen.

That's all the facts you have and you don't see how this is turning out exactly like your "atheism is a religion" thread with you hanging your position on a single point that you'll cling to no matter what comes along to the contrary.
Point of fact, you said the WBC members ballots would look a lot like most Romney supporters. You were wrong. You can't admit it. He endorsed Obama, the most liberal president in living memory.

Oh, and atheism is a religion. It is a system of belief, based on faith. Just my opinion. It might not be popular, but it's still valid.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:53   #21
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Point of fact, you said the WBC members ballots would look a lot like most Romney supporters. You were wrong. You can't admit it. He endorsed Obama, the most liberal president in living memory.

Oh, and atheism is a religion. It is a system of belief, based on faith. Just my opinion. It might not be popular, but it's still valid.
Here's a cut n paste of the comment where I said that,

"I told you that I considered Sharpton, Jackson and the others you mentioned to be liberals because their main message is liberal. How do you equate that to "they set foot in a church" or "they have a religion" so they must be conservative?

The WBC's main message is conservative. That's what they do. Scream about sin and Jesus and you know damn well they'd have us all living under biblical law if they could get away with it. That's not a liberal message no matter how many Ds you stick after his name or if he got caught playing cigar games with Clinton himself.

How do you think the Phelps' would vote on,

Marriage equality?
Abortion?
Women's rights?
Marijuana legalization?
Contraception issues like with Hobby Lobby?

You know damn well that their ballots would look a lot like most of the Romney voters here on GT. Not exactly liberal. Not really even close."


Did I say the ballots would look the same because they voted for some Dems? No. I said they would look the same on referendum type items (you know, where your vote has the most impact on other's lives) like I listed above. But still you go all fingers in ears lalalalala over that point.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:56   #22
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Really, just because I honestly think atheism requires faith to believe in, and meets the definition of religion in American English. I guess that is one way to avoid an uncomfortable subject.
You think whatever you like but you're wrong. Atheism is a lack of belief. Atheists do not claim to KNOW or BELIEVE there is no God. They claim that there is no evidence whatsoever for such a being and therefore a belief in such isn't warranted. Get your facts straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Nope, I'm exactly as advertised. I'm sure it comforts you to indulge in that fantasy of yours.
I have no proof one way or the other and you'd die before you'd admit it. But you debate like a religious person. Very little logic... very much knee jerk and irrational. But it doesn't matter really. You get your wang knocked in the dirt every time you come in here and then you run away for a week or two. It's your MO.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 14:56   #23
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Here's a cut n paste of the comment where I said that,

"I told you that I considered Sharpton, Jackson and the others you mentioned to be liberals because their main message is liberal. How do you equate that to "they set foot in a church" or "they have a religion" so they must be conservative?

The WBC's main message is conservative. That's what they do. Scream about sin and Jesus and you know damn well they'd have us all living under biblical law if they could get away with it. That's not a liberal message no matter how many Ds you stick after his name or if he got caught playing cigar games with Clinton himself.

How do you think the Phelps' would vote on,

Marriage equality?
Abortion?
Women's rights?
Marijuana legalization?
Contraception issues like with Hobby Lobby?

You know damn well that their ballots would look a lot like most of the Romney voters here on GT. Not exactly liberal. Not really even close."


Did I say the ballots would look the same because they voted for some Dems? No. I said they would look the same on referendum type items (you know, where your vote has the most impact on other's lives) like I listed above. But still you go all fingers in ears lalalalala over that point.
I know damn well that you were wrong. I know that you tap danced all throughout the thread when you were caught being wrong, even refusing to look up the platform the Phelps guys ran on as DEMOCRATS. I also know that you bragged about getting under other people's skin and yucking it up with Liberal friend number one and number two. Which liberal website was that on, or was it PM with other liberals here?

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-31-2012 at 14:57..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 15:11   #24
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
You think whatever you like but you're wrong. Atheism is a lack of belief. Atheists do not claim to KNOW or BELIEVE there is no God. They claim that there is no evidence whatsoever for such a being and therefore a belief in such isn't warranted. Get your facts straight.



I have no proof one way or the other and you'd die before you'd admit it. But you debate like a religious person. Very little logic... very much knee jerk and irrational. But it doesn't matter really. You get your wang knocked in the dirt every time you come in here and then you run away for a week or two. It's your MO.
I've posted it a lot, but perhaps you should realize what atheism is.

Quote:
Definition of ATHEIST
: one who believes that there is no deity
That is not a passive act. What differentiates agnosticism from atheism is that agnostics do not have a belief in a particular god, but admit that it is possible that one or more have existed. Atheists, by definition believe that there is no deity.

Don't be so passive, admit what you really believe. You are sure enough that there is no god that you berate those that believe there is one constantly for being silly. That is not an act of a person with a passive lack of belief, it is an act of one that is sure that their belief is the correct nature of the universe.

I debate like one who does not agree with the atheists. I disagree with the leap of faith that they make, and how they act on it. Personally, I think the most logical thing to do with a question in which it is likely one way or the other, and there is no proof either way, to simply reserve judgement until such time as convincing evidence is presented.

To me, you (and other atheists) debate very much like other religious people. You are so sure you know the truth about a very significant detail of creation, and the fact is that there is no proof one way or the other. You make a claim without proof, then do a victory dance because you have absolute faith that you are correct.

I've never had my dick knocked in the dirt. I have been insulted plenty of times by immature people that are upset that I am not convinced that they are right.

I have freely admitted that I do not have faith that any god exists, or that none has every existed, and amazingly, have not been called names by the christians, jews etc.

The atheists are quite perturbed on average, when it's pointed out that they have a religious belief too.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 15:33   #25
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,155


Why don't we widen the conversation a bit.


http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...3#post19803313

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 12-31-2012 at 15:40..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 23:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 999
272 Members
727 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42