GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02   #101
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
Doc has never claimed to be a doctor, and he explains this multiple times on the forum.


I agree with doc only part of the time on here, and some things I strongly have disagreed with him on. I also tend to think he has a bit of an ego at times.

That being said, bark up another tree. Doc is slang. You know this, yet you continue to be a ****** about it. Why? Can you not find something else? Get over it and move on.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Cause you say so? I haven't said a word directly to Cav-Pa since I made my statement. I'm not engaging him any longer. I'm talking with other members who seem to want clarification on my position. Doc is slang... you're correct... slang for Doctor. A title he hasn't earned. See it however you like. I stand by my decision. Your evaluation of me means very little.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19   #102
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Cause you say so? I haven't said a word directly to Cav-Pa since I made my statement. I'm not engaging him any longer. I'm talking with other members who seem to want clarification on my position. Doc is slang... you're correct... slang for Doctor. A title he hasn't earned. See it however you like. I stand by my decision. Your evaluation of me means very little.
The slang is different in the military. You probably know this already, you are just choosing to stir the pot.

Do as you choose, I'm not the king of gt land. You are coming off as a ****** though.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:21   #103
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
The slang is different in the military.
This isn't the military is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
You are coming off as a ****** though.
And your personal insults make you come as what? A saint?

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 01-16-2013 at 11:22..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33   #104
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
This isn't the military is it?



And your personal insults make you come as what? A saint?
He is retired military. I can understand why he uses it, and you can too. You are just stiring the pot.

Yes, I'm a saint. I forgive you my son.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36   #105
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
He is retired military.
We aren't on base.

Quote:
Yes, I'm a saint. I forgive you my son.
I require none.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:41   #106
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
We aren't on base.
This is funny. It's clear you are attempting to act dense now.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42   #107
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:13   #108
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,703


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
This is funny. It's clear you are attempting to act dense now.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
he's not acting
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16   #109
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership
Senior Member
 
JohnnyReb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FEMA REGION III
Posts: 5,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
he's not acting
I just find it really hard to believe it I suppose.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Confederate General Albert Pike: The struggle against oppressive authority is universal and eternal.
JohnnyReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24   #110
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,703


OK now my turn, retired Homicide Detective from Metro Atlanta, moved to N Alabama to escape the crap hole of the south. Took leave from PD to got to Seminary, Police Chaplain, Pastored a small new Presbyterian Church for 4 years while also policing. Been questioning the "divine" aspect of Christianity and exploring the philosophical concept of the Christian faith w/o the supernatural ingredient. Still on the quest of knowledge and really don't understand the militancy of atheism expressed here. You believe what you want to believe and leave me the hell alone ought to work nicely.

Oh, and Mr Bean counter....you don't debate, you just babble in anger.
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:12   #111
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Why wouldn't you assume that someone that goes by Doc is a Doctor? Wouldn't that be one of your first questions? "Doc? Oh... are you a Doctor?"

Especially when every chance they get they tell you about this and that in the medical field. "Yeah well when you work in medicine blah blah blah."
I wouldn't assume anything based on a forum name, no. Would/could it prompt me to ask a question? Certainly. As long as he doesn't dodge the question or mislead me, big whoop.

Again, I don't see it.

People could assume I was a soccer fan based on my screen name, several have. When they ask "So, are you a big soccer fan or something?" I simply answer truthfully and say "nope". Why is this situation any different?

Seems like you're mad because YOU assumed he was a doctor?
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:17   #112
hooligan74
Senior Member
 
hooligan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
OK now my turn, retired Homicide Detective from Metro Atlanta, moved to N Alabama to escape the crap hole of the south. Took leave from PD to got to Seminary, Police Chaplain, Pastored a small new Presbyterian Church for 4 years while also policing. Been questioning the "divine" aspect of Christianity and exploring the philosophical concept of the Christian faith w/o the supernatural ingredient. Still on the quest of knowledge and really don't understand the militancy of atheism expressed here. You believe what you want to believe and leave me the hell alone ought to work nicely.

Oh, and Mr Bean counter....you don't debate, you just babble in anger.
Thanks for your service, rgreg. Both as a LEO and in your ministering. I'm not "of the faith" by any stretch, but I can appreciate the selflessness in both positions. Thanks for that.
hooligan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 13:31   #113
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,703


Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan74 View Post
Thanks for your service, rgreg. Both as a LEO and in your ministering. I'm not "of the faith" by any stretch, but I can appreciate the selflessness in both positions. Thanks for that.
thanks
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:20   #114
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,877
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
OK now my turn, retired Homicide Detective from Metro Atlanta, moved to N Alabama to escape the crap hole of the south. Took leave from PD to got to Seminary, Police Chaplain, Pastored a small new Presbyterian Church for 4 years while also policing. Been questioning the "divine" aspect of Christianity and exploring the philosophical concept of the Christian faith w/o the supernatural ingredient. Still on the quest of knowledge and really don't understand the militancy of atheism expressed here. You believe what you want to believe and leave me the hell alone ought to work nicely.

Oh, and Mr Bean counter....you don't debate, you just babble in anger.
Me too.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 14:21   #115
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless
 
Woofie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 9,877
Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Religious Issues

Not a real doctor.
__________________
"Turns oit i had irrisputable proof i was out of the country" - youngdocglock

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:14   #116
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,703


[IMG]Religious Issues[/IMG]


a real Doctor ?
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:46   #117
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregoryb View Post
[IMG]Religious Issues[/IMG]


a real Doctor ?
Shhhhh. When you opponent is destroying themselves in a debate, don't interrupt them.

Religious Issues
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 17:00   #118
Sarge1400
Senior Member
 
Sarge1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 841
Glock36shooter,
I honestly can't figure out why anyone would get in a knot over an Internet handle. So CD isn't an M.D. Big whoop, I'm not a Sergeant (anymore) either. And I don't think there are any real geckos posting on the board, either.

IIRC, didn't you say you got rid of your G36 a while back? If you did, then you're not really a Glock36shooter are you?

Give it up man, it's a petty battle.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 17:53   #119
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


starting to wonder if they will ever "get it"?

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-16-2013 at 17:54..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:52   #120
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
Glock36shooter,
I honestly can't figure out why anyone would get in a knot over an Internet handle. So CD isn't an M.D. Big whoop, I'm not a Sergeant (anymore) either. And I don't think there are any real geckos posting on the board, either.

IIRC, didn't you say you got rid of your G36 a while back? If you did, then you're not really a Glock36shooter are you?

Give it up man, it's a petty battle.
I know somebody that really likes to cling to definitions. Guess who?

When somebody follows you around the entire board nitpicking you about every single thing they can think of because they need every single opportunity they can get to even the score for all the times you've burned their ass you're entitled to perseverate on something like this.

Cav PA has a pretty pathetic debate style if you haven't noticed.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1464805&page=4

Posts #79, #81 and #83. If you get him on something he can't just admit it. Time to drag out some other unrelated stuff and redirect to that. I believe you don't have to look too far to find him being accused of building strawmen. The only thing that can stop a troll with a gun is another troll with a gun, even if it's not a G36.

Last edited by Gunhaver; 01-16-2013 at 19:58..
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:01   #121
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
When somebody follows you around the entire board nitpicking you about every single thing they can think of because they need every single opportunity they can get to even the score for all the times you've burned their ass you're entitled to perseverate on something like this.

Cav PA has a pretty pathetic debate style if you haven't noticed.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1464805&page=4

Posts #79, #81 and #83. If you get him on something he can't just admit it. Time to drag out some other unrelated stuff and redirect to that. I believe you don't have to look too far to find him being accused of building strawmen.
GH, don't feel so bad, I'm sure that someone somewhere still likes you. You're not a completely pathetic and miserable human being, just mostly. There is likely still a momentary and occasional feeling of "happy" for you.

You have proven yourself to be a totalitarian socialist on multiple occasions, and you are surprised as heck when conservatives and libertarians disapprove of your political ideals. You discard subject matter expert opinions in favor of your belief in a symbiotic relationship between humans and weed.

What exactly were you expecting here?

You have invited multiple people to witness your own arse whipping, much of which you did yourself without assistance. ....

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1461226

15 pages and counting of you trashing your own cred.

I'm not your worst enemy, you are.

Religious Issues
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:14   #122
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
Glock36shooter,
I honestly can't figure out why anyone would get in a knot over an Internet handle. So CD isn't an M.D. Big whoop, I'm not a Sergeant (anymore) either. And I don't think there are any real geckos posting on the board, either.

IIRC, didn't you say you got rid of your G36 a while back? If you did, then you're not really a Glock36shooter are you?

Give it up man, it's a petty battle.
Little late to the party bro. I said my peace and was done with this thread this afternoon.

If I could change my user name I would. Can you do that?
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:23   #123
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Little late to the party bro. I said my peace and was done with this thread this afternoon.

If I could change my user name I would. Can you do that?
And yet you are back.

What would you change your user name to?

Hey wait a minute, weren't you getting your tampon in a wad about mine just a short while ago.....

You are not completely useless. All of us need a little comedic relief, and an example of what not to do once in a while.

You are doing quite well in those respects.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-16-2013 at 20:24..
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:40   #124
Sarge1400
Senior Member
 
Sarge1400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Little late to the party bro. I said my peace and was done with this thread this afternoon.

If I could change my user name I would. Can you do that?
No, I can't. And neither can Doc, who said he was still on AD when he signed up on the forum, and hence, still a 'Doc' in the military sense.

So if the excuse works for you, why not Doc? You catchin' on here yet, 'bro'?
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:03   #125
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,139


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1400 View Post
No, I can't. And neither can Doc, who said he was still on AD when he signed up on the forum, and hence, still a 'Doc' in the military sense.

So if the excuse works for you, why not Doc? You catchin' on here yet, 'bro'?
Sarge,

You can't expect people with a dishonest agenda to be honest. It's sad but true. Some people are just not trustworthy. Don't let those kinds of people into your foxhole.

It's a lost cause with cool begeezus here. He's trashed his integrity and revealed himself to be a Caricature screen name.


I appreciate your attempt to drag him back to integrity. It was a valiant effort.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,227
381 Members
846 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42