Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2013, 17:25   #1
RaVis

Glock 26.... Gen 1 or 2?

My understanding is that the first Glock 26 was introduced in 1995. Would anyone have pictures or any link showing the various generations of the Glock 26? I'm interested in seeing the first Glock 26 model which I would assume would be the gen 2.

Thanks very much!
RaVis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 17:34   #2
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

The early G26's had finger grooves, but no checkering between the finger grooves.
General Glocking
General Glocking

Last edited by Glockdude1; 01-13-2013 at 17:37..
Glockdude1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 17:44   #3
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

The G26 and G27 were the first Glocks to have the finger grooves on the grip, and as such, would be Gen3. But, since they don't have the mounting rails on the dust cover, a lot of folks want to call them Gen 2.5. However, they simply have no room for the rails, if they did, they'd have them....and would still be Gen3.

Early G26/27's didn't have checkering on the front strap between the finger grooves, but the checkering was added some years into production. Some folks want to call the early one's Gen 2.5 and the checkered one's Gen3, but for my money, a little checkering doesn't make a generational difference.....still Gen3.

For my purposes the G26/27/33's have always just been 'subcompacts', it's easier that way. Now though, with the coming of the Gen4's, I guess the old one's are Gen3's.

Clear as mud, right? And I'm sure someone will chime in to disagree.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 17:53   #4
Butch
CLM Number 29
RetiredDinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaVis View Post
I'm interested in seeing the first Glock 26 model which I would assume would be the gen 2.
Well, actually there was at least one, a prototype, and I shot it.....but they were not produced for sales without the finger grooves and thumbrests as they weren't importable that way because of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

General Glocking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

U.S. Army-MNNG 73-83 95 Bravo
NRA Life Member
When wondering who's advise to consider, check their profile to see if they have posted anything about their training or experience.
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 18:46   #5
RaVis

Butch and Glockdude1,

I appreciate your responses. Your info/explanation is definitely clear enough.

One additional question: Have the internals always been the same? Have the sub-compacts (G26 specifically) had the same recoil spring assembly as we see today in Gen 4s?

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2013, 18:47   #6
RaVis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
General Glocking
That really does look like a cut-down G19.