Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-14-2013, 15:41   #1
edtf

electrified fence

I just can't remember if it was one of our members here who had an electrified fence installed a couple of years ago.

Wanted to ask lang how is it???? How is the maintenance? How much was it and who did it? Thanks
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 00:27   #2
Kaiser Soze
Notorious

I did this in the past when our factory was burglarized a few times, and vandalized by the "urban informal settlers" who had occupied the vacant lot next-door and would climb over our fence and steal stuff that wasn't bolted to the ground. We simply connected some truck batteries to the fence with the aid of a competent/likeminded electrician. Maintenance was a breeze, although I can't remember if we ever observed during rain. Please note that we only had a low amount of power running through it, not enough to cause serious bodily harm, just enough to jolt you backwards.

We had no problems until we received a complaint from the baranggay officials, apparently someone (drunken nephew of one of the local tanods) got his privates zapped when he urinated on our fence. We had to take it down, but people are still wary of the fences hahaha

"Do unto others as they do unto you...but do it FIRST!"

S.O.E. Tambay #7

Last edited by Kaiser Soze; 01-15-2013 at 00:29..
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15   #3
Allegra

St atmarcella yata nag install sa bahay nya
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:01   #4
asuseroako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
St atmarcella yata nag install sa bahay nya
Baka ito yung link, Sir.

"profence...."
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409689
asuseroako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:13   #5
The Fed

You should read up on them and do it right. What kind of fence? You can't just hook up batteries to a metal fence - you need to isolate the wire from the posts. Ones like they use for cattle are very effective against people. I set one up years ago. While I was troubleshooting a dead spot I touched a live wire. It's effective. I watched as a cow put their nose on it. I was surprised at how big the spark was. Believe me, you couldn't stand it.

Last edited by The Fed; 01-15-2013 at 18:14..
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:33   #6
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze View Post
I did this in the past when our factory was burglarized a few times, and vandalized by the "urban informal settlers" who had occupied the vacant lot next-door and would climb over our fence and steal stuff that wasn't bolted to the ground. We simply connected some truck batteries to the fence with the aid of a competent/likeminded electrician. Maintenance was a breeze, although I can't remember if we ever observed during rain. Please note that we only had a low amount of power running through it, not enough to cause serious bodily harm, just enough to jolt you backwards.

We had no problems until we received a complaint from the baranggay officials, apparently someone (drunken nephew of one of the local tanods) got his privates zapped when he urinated on our fence. We had to take it down, but people are still wary of the fences hahaha
I'd love to have seen that incident...
Old 01-15-2013, 19:41   #7
edtf

Thanks guys for the help!!!
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote