Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:32   #1
mcdaniel52761

Gen 4 & NY1 Trigger Spring

So I have my Gen 4 (26) taken apart and when dropping the NY1 spring in, it doesn't snap in place like the one in my Gen 3 (22) did. It just sits in there and if you turn it over, the spring falls out. I have two of the springs and the other one is the same way so it's not the spring. Are the Gen 4 guns different in this area? I didn't see anything specific for a Gen NY1 trigger. Thanks,

Mike
mcdaniel52761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31   #2
mcdaniel52761

lol....nevermind. I guess it stays in place after reconnecting the trigger draw bar and dropping it back into the frame. This could also be the reason for having to pull the trigger again while removing the slide since it doesn't seem to seat quite as well as it does on (my) Gen 3.
Old 01-16-2013, 16:41   #3
UnbrakableX

Edit: Derp, didn't read both your posts. When you reconnected the trigger bar it probably just pushed the spring down far enough to have that little tab hook onto the trigger housing.

I don't have much experience with the NY springs, but I did just complete the Armorer's Course and we got to install the NY springs. The particular gun I got to work with was a gen 3, so I'm not 100% sure the gen 4 will yield the same results but...

If you look at the back end of the trigger housing, the NY spring should have a little tab that "hooks" onto the trigger housing which kinda locks it in place.

Last edited by UnbrakableX; 01-16-2013 at 16:43..
UnbrakableX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 17:17   #4
mcdaniel52761

Yep. the little hook part went under that tab without a problem.... I just didn't get a click like I did when I installed one in my gen 3. Since the crucifix part holds it in place it wasn't that big of a deal. Seems to work fine after getting it all back together. Thanks for the reply though :-)

posted using [URL=http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/]Outdoor Hub Campfire[/URL]
Old 01-16-2013, 20:17   #5
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaniel52761 View Post
lol....nevermind. I guess it stays in place after reconnecting the trigger draw bar and dropping it back into the frame. This could also be the reason for having to pull the trigger again while removing the slide since it doesn't seem to seat quite as well as it does on (my) Gen 3.
You do, usually, have to keep the trigger pulled, to get the slide off, when using the NY spring.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote