Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2013, 23:11   #81
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter1959 View Post
Here we go again with your drivel.
So you go back in the thread and pull out an older post just to attack me?

How about posting something factual instead of just member bashing.
Old 02-09-2013, 23:16   #82
China boy

Hmm. $950 sounds enticing. Im planning on waiting a few months to buy or build. I wonder what it was going for pre-Sandy Hook and what it will be in a few months. I know the mossberg website says $978 MSRP for the MMR. But, my 500 Flex said something like $661 MSRP and I bought it for $400 a few weeks ago.
China boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 23:19   #83
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by China boy View Post
Hmm. $950 sounds enticing. Im planning on waiting a few months to buy or build. I wonder what it was going for pre-Sandy Hook and what it will be in a few months. I know the mossberg website says $978 MSRP for the MMR. But, my 500 Flex said something like $661 MSRP and I bought it for $400 a few weeks ago.
25-30% below MSRP wasn't that unusual before the panic started.
Old 02-09-2013, 23:22   #84
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
25-30% below MSRP wasn't that unusual before the panic started.
I think the MSRP was around $940 or something like that.. Like the above poster stated.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry

Last edited by RyanBDawg; 02-09-2013 at 23:24..
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 23:27   #85
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Pre sandy hook, I think you could get it for about $700. According to some websites offering deals on it from last summer.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:58   #86
mrvtwin80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
I think the MSRP was around $940 or something like that.. Like the above poster stated.

The Guy on the video said he payed $800.00 but I don't know when he bought it.
mrvtwin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:06   #87
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvtwin80 View Post
The Guy on the video said he payed $800.00 but I don't know when he bought it.
Yea, I have no idea. But I'll bet for that price wherever he bought it from is all sold out!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:16   #88
China boy

Where should I be looking? Websites or store fronts? I want to start watching and looking for when the prices become sane again.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:38   #89
tdhall

Mine is the model with sites and 30rd mag and had an MSRP of $978 but I had to give $1100 with 100rds of Russian ammo. I would suggest web sites at this point. I did see a few at the gun auction sites but they were way overpriced, $1500. Talk to your local dealer and he may be able to advise you where/when they may be available. Good luck.
tdhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:40   #90
tdhall

The dealer had received a case and sold all but 1 that day. I was the first customer the next day and copped the last. I suspect you will need to jump quick if any become available in your area.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10   #91
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think there are much better options out there.

But I never had nor shot one. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates as you get through some cases of ammo.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-10-2013 at 12:11..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 13:41   #92
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhall View Post
Mine is the model with sites and 30rd mag and had an MSRP of $978 but I had to give $1100 with 100rds of Russian ammo. I would suggest web sites at this point. I did see a few at the gun auction sites but they were way overpriced, $1500. Talk to your local dealer and he may be able to advise you where/when they may be available. Good luck.
Yea, what he said...

I have no idea when ARs will be back in stock for not insane prices..

Probably after the AWB dies in the senate.

Old 02-10-2013, 14:34   #93
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Unfortunately, Its just a hard time to buy an AR right now in any model/make with paying through the nose, if you find something decent at a fair price you should jump all over it. I was talking to a few guys who work at an LGS a week ago, and they felt like this mess is gonna take a long while before things ever get back to normal- if they ever do, even if the ABW dies in Congress. Just sucks.

Last edited by Delmonte67; 02-10-2013 at 15:37..
Delmonte67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 15:16   #94
tdhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67 View Post
Unfortunately, Its just a hard time to buy an AR right now in any model/make with paying through the nose, if you find something decent at a fair price you should jump all over it. I was talking to a few guys who work at an LGS a week ago, and they felt like this mess is gonna take a long while before things ever get back to normal, even if the ABW dies in Congress. Just sucks.
I agree, that's why a jumped on mine. Certainly not the best price paid for an AR but under the circumstances very fair and I'm not convinced these circumstances will change anytime soon.
Old 02-10-2013, 15:48   #95
Delmonte67
Glock 40 cal.

Take what you paid for any AR pre- Sandy Hook and double the price, basically what you will pay unfortunately for awhile. Good news is I have been scoring 223/556 ammo lately at a decent price- so that's improving every week.
Old 02-10-2013, 16:40   #96
China boy

You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop? I have been shopping guns for the past 2 months and went to different stores every weekend. It seems to me there is now a calm among the crowds lately and less frantic people trying to buy what they can. Ammo is coming back, or the I should say the caliber I've been buying is coming back. The possible changes in law seem to have lost their momentum.

I guess only time will tell though.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:06   #97
RyanBDawg

Quote:
You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop? I have been shopping guns for the past 2 months and went to different stores every weekend. It seems to me there is now a calm among the crowds lately and less frantic people trying to buy what they can. Ammo is coming back, or the I should say the caliber I've been buying is coming back. The possible changes in law seem to have lost their momentum.

Ammo will come back sooner. But obviously a rifle takes more to manufacture than ammo. There are probably hundreds of thousands of ar type rifles on back order.

It wouldn't surprise me if it took 9-12 months for the rifle supply to meet demand.

Old 02-10-2013, 17:06   #98
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
You guys really think it will take a long time for the prices to drop?

It all depends on how long people keep acting like Chicken Little. People need to keep emailing and calling their congressmen and voicing opposition to any gun control, but for the moment it looks like we are winning.
Old 02-10-2013, 17:09   #99
RyanBDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
It all depends on how long people keep acting like Chicken Little. People need to keep emailing and calling their congressmen and voicing opposition to any gun control, but for the moment it looks like we are winning.
I've already done that multiple times. Luckily my officials have responded back with strong support of gun rights.. What else would you expect in Mississippi though?

Old 02-10-2013, 17:25   #100
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you really, REALLY watch the right places like a hawk acceptable deals are out there.

I basically built a complete BCM rifle with good stuff for $1,200 over the last few weeks (though I bought the stripped lower in December for $99)

And Wideners just had NATO spec Danish M855 (well, NATO spec ammo with SS109 projectile same as the M855) that came out to about $0.55 per round delivered within the past hour.

It didn't last long though.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 02-10-2013 at 17:25..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote