SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 20:54   #1
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Cuomo left his active and retired cops in the cold.

Additions to be made to gun laws for law enforcement

He's now scrambling to let active police officers carry > 7 round "clips" [sic] on duty and off, as well as RETIRED police officers.

Guess they are mortally pizzed that they can't have what they think they need, and a little more than the average joe.......

Hey, if you are not living in NYC, and are in upstate, are conservative, tired of paying state income taxes, own a business?? (not required), think about defecting to the Republic of Texas. Just think about it. No shoveling snow. We have plenty of Air conditioning. Very mild winters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:01   #2
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Well, you rabble rouser.. looky whut I got in da mail, huh!
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...e-to-texas.ece

Ya damned well know we are thinking about it. I need land enough for my airplane, a large hangar, 3500 sq.Ft house and some barns... I have been checking out N. TX..
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:05   #3
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post

Ya damned well know we are thinking about it. I need land enough for my airplane, a large hangar, 3500 sq.Ft house and some barns... I have been checking out N. TX..
I had not seen that, but I fully support it. Too many hippie Kalifornians have been trying to get in here for my taste. We need a few real good guys to keep it really real. I'm thinking if we could afford it, Texas should seal it's northern border first, followed closely by it's southern one. Conservatives only allowed in. Keeps the natural state of things where it should be.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-17-2013, 21:10   #4
akroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhook View Post

We have lots for sale here in NM....south of Abq...airpark living, good folks, gun owners, pilots...rural...nice. I keep my C180 in the hangar/garage right outside my kitchen door.

The Second Amendment: giving teeth to the remaining 26.
Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
akroguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:15   #5
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroguy View Post
We have lots for sale here in NM....south of Abq...airpark living, good folks, gun owners, pilots...rural...nice. I keep my C180 in the hangar/garage right outside my kitchen door.
OK, that sounds real cool. But I gotta call it.

Pix or it didn't happen.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-17-2013, 21:33   #6
Gunnut 45/454

What the matter you state troopers stood up and said the law was exactly what they wanted! I guess they can't stop perps with 7 rounds! Just shows they aren't as good of shots as they thought! I say NO CHANGES for you! Live with it! Your no better then the average NY citizen!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 01-17-2013 at 21:35..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:43   #7
HarleyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
What the matter you state troopers stood up and said the law was exactly what they wanted! I guess they can't stop perps with 7 rounds! Just shows they aren't as good of shots as they thought! I say NO CHANGES for you! Live with it! Your no better then the average NY citizen!
Yep, in the haste to pass any legislation they screwed their own cops. Probably because everyone just assumed (you know how that goes) that LEO's would be exempt from the laws meant for the "little" people.

FWIW, I think the active-duty cops should have whatever they need to keep them safe, but retired cops who are carrying under a concealed weapons license should carry under the same rules as any other civilian with the same license.
HarleyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:46   #8
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

If the cops want more rounds to protect why can't the citizens have more rounds to protect?

GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 21:48   #9
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
If the cops want more rounds to protect why can't the citizens have more rounds to protect?

Those guys are special. I seen them on CSI NY.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-17-2013, 21:50   #10
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGuy View Post
Yep, in the haste to pass any legislation they screwed their own cops. Probably because everyone just assumed (you know how that goes) that LEO's would be exempt from the laws meant for the "little" people.

FWIW, I think the active-duty cops should have whatever they need to keep them safe, but retired cops who are carrying under a concealed weapons license should carry under the same rules as any other civilian with the same license.
You just have to admit, that is fair.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-17-2013, 21:52   #11
DOC44

most of the cops I know and shoot with need the hi-caps.

Doc44
Old 01-17-2013, 21:59   #12
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post

Doc44
So do I. And fairness would dictate that we had the same size mags.

I've been engaged with more than 6 bad guys at once before. It could happen again.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 01-17-2013 at 22:01..
Old 01-17-2013, 21:59   #13
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

Doc44
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 22:09   #14
DOC44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
So do I. And fairness would dictate that we had the same size mags.
Yeah don't need no "mine's bigger bigger than yours" stuff.

Doc44
Old 01-17-2013, 22:14   #15
countrygun

The liberals stumble over the law of Unintended consequences so often you think they would recognize it coming at them
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 22:18   #16
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Doc44
Oh, that's not why at all. I've really been engaged with more than 6 bad guys at one time. A bidirectional gun range, using rifles and rifle launched grenades, which was sort of nostalgic the next day, but not at the moment. Overwhelming fires caused the ones that were not dropped on the spot to run into the ambush kill zone we had set up with an M2 and a Mark 19. Well, it was supposed to be a capture zone, but one or more of them fired when told to stop by the scouts.

7 round mags are fine for a single bad guy. Usually.

--Gunhaver

Old 01-17-2013, 22:36   #17
DOC44

Quote:

Doc44
Quote:
Oh, that's not why at all. I've really been engaged with more than 6 bad guys at one time. A bidirectional gun range, using rifles and rifle launched grenades, which was sort of nostalgic the next day, but not at the moment. Overwhelming fires caused the ones that were not dropped on the spot to run into the ambush kill zone we had set up with an M2 and a Mark 19. Well, it was supposed to be a capture zone, but one or more of them fired when told to stop by the scouts.

7 round mags are fine for a single bad guy. Usually.
Said that as a joke.....

Only in one situation..... three guys.... at a quick shop on the way back from a match still wearing my race gun rig concealed.... just required going to open carry and unlocking holster and it was over with..... best I remember those mags had a little more than 7 rds of 38 super.

Doc44
Old 01-18-2013, 05:00   #18
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Citizens face the same criminals, armed with the same weapons, as do the police.

Regards,
Comrade Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41   #19
Butcher
NRA Life Member

Your link was dead
Found article here: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116
Quote:
State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals"
Soooooo he admits the criminals won't obey this law?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:09   #20
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Additions to be made to gun laws for law enforcement

He's now scrambling to let active police officers carry > 7 round "clips" [sic] on duty and off, as well as RETIRED police officers.

Guess they are mortally pizzed that they can't have what they think they need, and a little more than the average joe.......

Hey, if you are not living in NYC, and are in upstate, are conservative, tired of paying state income taxes, own a business?? (not required), think about defecting to the Republic of Texas. Just think about it. No shoveling snow. We have plenty of Air conditioning. Very mild winters.

Yeah but no second amendment in Texas doc. Slide just a little east to the sportsmans paradise

Rush Limbaugh
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote