Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:44   #1
mlk3454

Fiber optic front and adjustable rear site experience/opinions

Looking to swap out the stock plastic sites on my G20 to extend my effective range a little for deer. Currently I feel comfortable taking shots at bow ranges but would like to extend that but I am not very consistent with the wide notched rear site I now have. Also, I am looking to possibly have an adjustable rear site as I plan on having go to rounds in different weights (165-200+) and it would be cool be able to dial each in and record that so switching to a certain load can be set without all of the range time (similar to what can be done with a rifle scope but maybe not as easily).

So, I'm looking for opinions and experiences from everyone. I currently have my eyes on Dawson's but do not know nearly 1/3 of all the possibilities. I do not want to deal with tritium either but most likely fiber up front and a blacked out or 2 dot rear.
mlk3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10   #2
amazon

I can only speak to the Dawsons. I have the F/O front and F/O adj. rears on my 34, and I'm quite happy with the set up.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51   #3
mlk3454

What colors do you use and do you see much difference between indoor and outdoor shooting or bright light versus low light?
Old 03-03-2013, 21:44   #4
mlk3454

I'm thinking about dropping the idea of an adjustable rear and going with the fiber front and plain rear. The warren tactical can give windage with a setscrew and I just need to pick a front post height. Does the .215 seem appropriate for the flock 20 slide? It seems I could go with that size or the next taller post.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15   #5
Rikki
Pathetic Loser

I use a Dawson overmolded green F/O front sight and a Std adjustable Glock rear sight on my G-27. I use a 9mm Storm Lake in the pistol sometimes and I'm 2 clicks away from zero when I switch.