Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-25-2013, 20:01   #1
Tom D

moving / removing rear on M34 Gen3

I want to drift the rear sight about .030" from left to the right I'm thinking this is the same direction I would drift it if I wanted to completely remove it. Is that correct? To remove the rear it comes out left to right holding the gun in the shooting position?
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30   #2
SouthpawG26

All correct.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28   #3
ca survivor

maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I push from left to right, sight coming out on the right side, push new one, left to right.

Last edited by ca survivor; 01-27-2013 at 07:31..
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:12   #4
Tom D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I push from left to right, sight coming out on the right side, push new one, left to right.
Interesting. I moved mine yesterday and only about .020" but it offered little resistance. I am aware of some firearms dovetails moving right to left but only 2 and I dont remember which. Im sure standard is left to right but I wasn't familiar with the Glock but it seemed that left to right was going to be the way to remove it.

the reason I wanted to move it was because I had adjusted the POI and was getting "too right" with the adjustment and want to center up the notch in the center of the adjustment. which it is now.

Im considering removing it and replacing it with a fixed aftermarket just dont know which.

If your moving yours right to left do you notice difficulty getting it to move? Is it a fixed or adjustable sight? Normally I have found that if I needed to move my POI to the left I would remove the sight (left to right) then carefully remove some material from the dovetail and reinsert the sight allowing it to move left.

Are you holding the gun in a firing position when you define left and right? If you are moving it correctly is the sight metal or plastic. I can imagine moving it tighter into the dovetail if its plastic, right to left. You couldn't do it if its a steel sight, well you could but I see that metal would be displaced.

Last edited by Tom D; 01-27-2013 at 11:14..
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote